PDA

View Full Version : Commercial using real mermaids pictures without permission.

Aquos Savar
02-05-2016, 04:06 PM
So, i live in an island called the Dominican Republic.

There's this supermarket called "La Sirena" (The Mermaid), which has supermarkets all over the island.

Recently, they released a new commercial which focused on mermaids (Lets keep in mind, even though the name "The Mermaid" is a clear giveaway, this was the first time they released a commercial with a mermaid theme). It basically showed 2 retired mermaid performers, going to the supermarket with their kids, kinda like passing the lives to a new generation or something. I don't want to describe it all, but the commercial had something weird. You realize the 2 retired woman were mermaids because of the 2 framed pictures. You wanna know who they were? YOU WANNA KNOW WHO THEY WERE??? I warned you:

The pictures were of Raina and Hannah.

First time i watched, i realized it instantly.

2 weeks later, the video disappeared, without a trace, without any explanation, maybe because it was illegal, or someone complained? I just wanted to share this, maybe spark some awareness about using someone's else image or property without permission. (They do that here alot, and because it's a small island, they get away with it multiple times)

AniaR
02-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Um what??? I need to see

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Fun123joker
02-05-2016, 09:03 PM
c0u1dnt find anything 0n g00g1e

Mermaid Aika
02-05-2016, 09:08 PM
c0u1dnt find anything 0n g00g1e

I tried, too. No luck.

Mermaid Aika
02-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Is this the website for the company?
tiendalasirena.com
I can't really tell...

AniaR
02-05-2016, 10:26 PM
I am so curious lol

Mermaid Jaffa
02-06-2016, 02:06 AM
I tried to search for it too! But not knowing the language, I couldn't find it either.

Aquos Savar
02-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Yes, but the commercial was taken down long ago. About 2 weeks ago.

Aquos Savar
02-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Let me be be clear about some details i accidentally skipped: The commercial was aired around the 8th of January, and it was taken down around the 25th. I just thought of sharing the story a bit, as some island countries tend to use other people's materials without giving credit or asking for it since many countries don't have laws agains copyright infringement as the US does. With this in mind, i hope i helped spark that reminder to all mers, and how their personal content could be used without permission.

Have a nice day, everybody :D

AniaR
02-06-2016, 08:56 PM
my content gets stolen a lot for stuff like this sadly.