PDA

View Full Version : NY/New England Pod Check in, Whats new?

New York Mermaid
01-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering what happened to this pod, we havent been in touch with each other, But I hope you are all doing well. How has the new year been treating you??

Spindrift
01-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Classes start tomorrow :(
On the other hand, I've been doing work on my tails :)
This is going to be a busy year.
What have you been doing?

New York Mermaid
01-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I got a temp new job working in Client service for a bit, I fell yesterday and hurt my hip so im walking in crutches, (basically stranded..lol) and other than that im doing okay, Just making plans for my fabric tail - trying to find the right "design". And oh yes,im using mycomputerin safe mode till i can get it fixed, unfortunately it gave me the "blue screen of death" But eh.. could be worse.

OrcaMatt
01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I've got a couple minor things going on...picked up a new line of contract work, which hopefully will be good. Kind of wish my currents ones were more active, though. Right now I'm designing and writing some software for the first time in year, which I've really kind of missed doing. It's a great excuse to go hang out at the coffee shop.

I'm still trying to get suitably motivated to start working on some tails. I've got about a million ideas for stuff I'd like to try, but I've somewhat lost my mer-mojo the last few months and trying to wrestle it back.

Spindrift
01-24-2012, 09:20 PM
@Mermaid Lanai: That sucks about your fall and your computer :( Get better soon! At least you have your tail designing to keep your mind off things, right?
@OrcaMatt: You do software programming? That's so cool. I'm taking a C++ class right now, but I think learning Java might have been more useful.
I don't know if it'll work for you, but breaking down my tail construction into steps really helped space everything so that I didn't get burned out.

New York Mermaid
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Yep Im being kept busy, I love to draw out some designs even if i end up not using them im sure there's a mer out there that would like to use a design or become inspired by my design to make one amazing design of their own.

@Spindrift thank you for the well wishes, I also hope classes go well for you. How is your tail work going by the way.

@Orcamatt You didnt lose your Mer-jo (lol) its still there, just alittle dormant, you need to find something that brings back that inspiration. I had that moment a few times, but once i started making plans for a fabric tail, drawing up all those tails and design patterns, it brought it all back.

OrcaMatt
01-25-2012, 12:03 AM
@Orcamatt You didnt lose your Mer-jo (lol) its still there, just alittle dormant, you need to find something that brings back that inspiration. I had that moment a few times, but once i started making plans for a fabric tail, drawing up all those tails and design patterns, it brought it all back.Was supposed to do two over the summer!

New York Mermaid
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey things happen for a reason,

maybe this is the right time for you to create your masterpieces. Dont give up, dont stress out and take your time. Leonardo da Vinci took four years to create the mona lisa, (not saying it'll take you 4 years to make a tail) but you get my drift

Spindrift
01-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Haha in response to your last post and to the post you tagged back at me, it is totally taking me 4 years to perfect this tail :P

New York Mermaid
02-05-2012, 05:07 PM
LOL okay foot in mouth there ...

But So far february is here, any plans for spring or summer?