PDA

View Full Version : Revamping the Chesapeake Pod!

MermaidMerida
02-26-2016, 10:56 AM
K so this pod is literally dead and its breaking my heart because I have literally no one in my area to swim with or do mermaidy stuff with.

So I say we revamp this thing! We need more members who are active and we need to start having meet ups and stuff like that.

anyone interested in revamping our Pod?

:D

Merman Dan
02-26-2016, 05:53 PM
We do have our Triad Merfolk groups down in Greensboro, NC. The pool has been busy with meets since NC Mer-Mania, though, so it's been difficult to coordinate a group swim.

Mermaid Pear
02-27-2016, 12:28 AM
I'm down! Not sure what needs to be done. But let's discuss our options and either reach members on a preferred platform or post regularly and make sure everyone contributes to the forum. Let's start with a get to know each other get together, and I encourage everyone to download tapatalk and subscribe to our forum so you can get alerts and access the network easier from your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElectricMermaid
02-27-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi, I'd like to help plan a regular meet up. You guys seem to be mostly in Virginia, I'm in baltimore/DC area but could make a trip down.

MermaidHyli
02-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Sounds good. We have done meet ups before at pony pasture in richmond also there is a massive aquatic center on the south side of richmond. We do a lot of mermaid mondays in the summer at lake phoenix as well. You are welcome to join us :) most of us arent on mernetwork or we dont post much. Facebook is usually the best way of contact.

MermaidMerida
02-27-2016, 09:41 AM
yay this is awesome! and I am like a 10 min drive from Pony Pasture so let me know when there will be meetups there. I think we should start a get to know each other thread where we can post a bit about ourselves and get to know each other that way. Are most of us located in VA/Richmond or the DC/Metro area? and where is lake phoenix?

Mermaid Pear
02-28-2016, 02:43 AM
I'm more metro area. So we can also host meetups here. There's this great 13ft deep pool I'm going to check out for meetups sometime this week. It's perfect because you can pay a small fee for the day.

Loralei
02-28-2016, 05:22 AM
I. Need. A. Car. 🐠

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

MermaidMerida
02-28-2016, 11:22 AM
I need my license and a car -.-

Mermaid Pear
02-28-2016, 12:06 PM
If any of you are near me. I'll drive you to wherever the meetup will be :)

MermaidMerida
02-29-2016, 01:00 AM
Where in VA are you located? Im in the Richmond area

Serena the Sea Princess
04-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Hi! I'm in the South Jersey area, about an hour to an hour and a half away from the Jersey Shore! Is there anyone else in my area who wants to do meetups? Seems hard to find mermaid meetup groups in my area. Been really wanting to do meetups for a while now, but it seems like they're all so far away from me. :(

Mermaid Whisper
05-18-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm in NoVA, near Winchester. Anyone else nearby? I'd love to have someone to share my mermaid life with :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
05-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Yay, more pod activity!

Serena, I'm in Southeast Pennsylvania, about 40 minutes from Philadelphia and about the same from Wilmington Delaware. I have family in Southern NJ, so I might be close-ish to you.

Any mers in the Pennsylvania/Northern Delaware, Southern NJ areas it'd be great to meet up. Maybe hit the Adventure Aquarium?

Mermaid Aria
05-19-2016, 03:25 PM
My bfs family lives right on the Maryland/Delaware border near Newark. We visit a lot though we are in Central PA right now and moving to the Maryland side of the DC metro area in a month or so.

J.Nigma
08-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Yay, more pod activity!

Serena, I'm in Southeast Pennsylvania, about 40 minutes from Philadelphia and about the same from Wilmington Delaware. I have family in Southern NJ, so I might be close-ish to you.

Any mers in the Pennsylvania/Northern Delaware, Southern NJ areas it'd be great to meet up. Maybe hit the Adventure Aquarium?
I'm right outside of Philly, PA side of the Trenton border!!!!