PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Massive Texas Meet!

Lotus the Mermaid
03-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Big news, everyone! We're starting a large Texas Meet-Up soon! Let's call it the Lone Star Mer Meet!

So for the LSMM, we're hoping to aim for the Austin area because it's right smack dab in the middle of our lovely Lone Star state and so therefore would be easily accessible - it also would allow for lots of watering holes and a few great rec centers to choose from! If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know!

P. S. We will make sure that the date(s) of our meet will NOT collide with other large meets! :)

MerDragon Arie
03-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Austin has tons of awesome places to visit! Here is a list of a few of them! https://www.realtyaustin.com/austin-swimming-holes.php
Looking forward to a HUGE meet up!! :yay::swoon:

MermaidRaegan
03-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Ah so excited! Me and my mermate would love an Austin meet up. We haven't met any other mers in the area, which is strange since we're all supposed to be so weird here in the Capitol. XD

PearlieMae
03-05-2016, 12:09 AM
You should look up Sirenalia in Austin! I think her user name here is Firemermaid!

Trade Winds
03-06-2016, 07:23 AM
We had the 2014 state mermaid meet at Krause Springs. We were also going to do Hamilton pool or whatever it is, but it was flooded or something. Krause Springs was very cold that year, but our little meet had fun anyway and got a lot of attention there.

MermaidRaegan
03-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Krause springs is gorgeous! The little grotto there would make for some amazing photos, though the water can be kinda murky. Makes swimming underwater a little difficult, but there's also a little spring-fed pool area of that bothers some mers.

mermaid_ashes
03-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Woot I already posted on facebook but Im super excited! I missed out on mermaid stuff last year because I was buying a house/moving..but not this year! I cant wait to meet some texas mers finaly!

CelestiaCrystal
03-11-2016, 01:59 AM
Ouch. I would love to meet other mers. I am in East TX and only starting to drive I have been to Austin before though. Maybe some other time.

polyhymnia113
03-18-2016, 12:41 PM
I'd be in also! Just relocated and would love to meet some of the Texas Pod. :D

Sherielle
03-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Texas mers!!

Lotus the Mermaid
03-20-2016, 04:55 PM
The Official LSMM Logo! Click on it to find out where you can purchase t-shirts with it printed! All different sizes and colors available! Hoping to find a more affordable outlet for them soon since the discount expired! I'll keep you all posted! :)

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u604/XxBasyaxX/LSMM2016%20-%20Printable2_zpsbyr1tn2h.png (https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/441109-lone-star-mer-meet)

SailorsGirl1207
03-31-2016, 03:22 PM
I would love to! But I just got a job so idk yet!

Shyren Shey
03-31-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm from Oklahoma City, but I'd be really interested in making the trek down there to meet a bunch of Mers~

Lotus the Mermaid
04-07-2016, 05:49 PM
The LSMM is officially underway!

*I blocked off 15 rooms, each of which can accommodate up to 3 people, in the Hilton Inn & Suites Downtown Austin Convention Center for Friday, July 15th through Sunday, July 17th. There is a pool in the hotel, but I also hope to bring a couple of talented photog friends with me on the trip and head to some more scenic places around Austin with whomever wants to get pro photos for their mermaiding business!

*The price of the hotel is $189 per night, but everyone is encouraged to share costs because they're larger rooms! They'll be charging my card at the end of the stay, so you can each give payment to me. There is no entry fee, only the cost of your room. :)

*Etsy sellers and artists, please bring items you'd like to display to advertise your businesses as well!

***I need your RSVP BEFORE June 24th to ensure you get a spot! We currently have slots for up to 45 mers to stay at the hotel, which is a lot! I have until that date to change the number of rooms necessary for the meet! I can get either more or fewer rooms by that point. Everyone is welcome! You also will need to message me with your full name as it appears on your ID so that I can forward all of our names to the hotel.***

***The reservation is under "Lone Star Mer Meet."***

*I'm going to attempt to get in touch with some watering holes around Austin to prepare for our arrival! If we can reserve them, too, we will! :)

*If anyone would like to be a guest speaker, that would be fantastic! Let me know and I can either get an additional convention room for you or we can have a casual conference in the pool area.

This meet is going to be fun and pretty casual! I hope to see you all there! :)

I'll be making the official event and inviting our pod! It'll be public so anyone can get an invite! I just need your solid RSVP before June 24th!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas for games and events, please feel free to message me!!!

Love,
Lotus <3

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u604/XxBasyaxX/LSMM2016%20-%20Printable2_zpsbyr1tn2h.png

Mermaid Enora
04-09-2016, 11:55 AM
If I can only come on Sunday and so won't need a hotel is there a fee to attend?

Lotus the Mermaid
04-09-2016, 12:18 PM
There's no entry fee! :)

Mermaid Pickles
04-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Now I really want to go, but I may or may not be up in Virginia then!

Lotus the Mermaid
04-09-2016, 03:36 PM
You're welcome to join if you can! Everyone's welcome, whether Texan or not! ^-^

Mermaid Pickles
04-09-2016, 06:01 PM
I live in Houston, I just might be up north visiting my aunt and uncle.

Lotus the Mermaid
04-10-2016, 02:31 AM
I live in Houston, I just might be up north visiting my aunt and uncle.

Oh yes, I remember! I just thought I should mention that for any non-Texan mers as well. Haha :)

Mermaid Pickles
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Okay! Well, I'll try to see whether I can go! Hopefully so, since Krause was so much fun!

Trade Winds
04-18-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm slow in the head right now...do we have a natural body of water planned for this yet? Just the hotel for now?

Trade Winds
04-18-2016, 09:46 AM
I still vote Krauss, that was a blast in 2014

Mermaid Kerenza Sapphire
04-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Just hopping on here to say... Texas is my spiritual home, though I'm from the UK! Every time I visit (usually Fort Worth and Galveston), I don't want to leave...

So while I can't make this year, I want to lurk in case I can fly out for one another time :D

Ayesha
04-26-2016, 12:36 AM
I just moved to Texas in February, and would LOVE to meet some more mers! I'll talk to my managers this weekend and see if I can get the time off for this! It sounds like so much fun!!!

Lotus the Mermaid
04-26-2016, 07:10 AM
I'm so glad more mers are signing up! You're most welcome to join in the fun! :)

A few changes:

Since not a whole lot of people have signed up to go, we're going to just nix the hotels idea and meet at a springs. Everyone is welcome to stay the night at a nearby hotel, but blocking off rooms is unnecessary and the pool rules are typically too strict for us mers!

I know that I still plan on staying for a couple of nights at a much cheaper hotel, as we'll be filming some promos for our mermaid series. You're welcome to join in! I'll be posting the schedule for those soon, as well as info on photography. The remainder of the meet is just going to be that - a meet! We can also go to dinner around Austin and just hang out and talk about mer things!

Etsy sellers, feel free to bring at least one item to advertise and/or a business card! We want to use this opportunity to network as much as possible! smile emoticon

Thanks everyone for your patience! Going through that hotel took up a lot of my focus. Now, we're full speed ahead!

There will be a different wet meet location each day for filming/photography.

Locations we plan to hit:

Day 1. Barton Springs (I've heard that they don't allow binding, so this is a maybe! We may forego a wet location the first night in favor of getting acquainted at a local restaurant or food court. Many of us will be tired from travel anyhow).

Day 2. Hamilton Pool (bright and early!)

Day 3. Krause Springs

*If anyone would like to be a guest speaker, that would be fantastic! Let me know and I can either get an additional convention room for you or we can have a casual conference in the pool area.

*We will have fun games to do that will also help us to practice interacting in our mersonas, doing tricks, and even interacting with kids through creating and solidifying background stories. :)

This meet is going to be fun and pretty casual! I hope to see you all there!

Delphin
05-24-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm going to do my best to try to make it out there!

Lotus the Mermaid
05-29-2016, 03:47 AM
We have the Hamilton Springs reserved for Saturday, July 16th from 9 am to 1 pm! :)

Also, if anyone wants photos from Corrinda Raine Underwater Photography, she will be developing photography packages for whoever wants their photos taken there. Keep in mind that she is one of the best underwater photographers in the state and she needs to know how many people are going to know how much she needs to charge. So please RSVP with me and let me know whether you want photos! :)