PDA

View Full Version : Mala Morska Víla - czech movie 1976, english subs

Mermaid Livou
03-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Have u seen this movie yet?
Its based on Andersens original story. This movie is very artistic, its very slow, and the soundtrack (by Zdenek Liska) is described as contemporary (back in 1976) psychedlic style, electronic noises with orchestral part - also, I have to spoiler here, no fins or tails in this movie :) it focuses more on the spirit, the soul of the little mermaid. I THINK that was the first "little seaspume girl" (thats how we translate it into hungarian), aka mermaid related movie in my life when I was around 4... and still my favourite.. it formed me ever since.
So.. if u watch this, find a comfortable place, bring a blanket, a mug of hot drink... I donno how about You, but my heart cringes every time i watch it, and un uplifting sadness captures me - it might be coz hits me up with the feelings when i saw first; or coz I know im kinda like her (not the look :P )... gahh, anyway, if u are in a certain mood, watch it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VCE2PRS-C8

Echidna
03-22-2016, 02:13 PM
The Czech movie with the sisters Safrankova was the first adaptation of the story I saw, and I still think it's the best, from the actors to the music to the atmosphere.

Interesting sidenote: the title means literally "the little Vila of the sea".

Vily are the czech equivalent to the russian rusalki.
In eastern european folklore, those are fairies close to the water, often seen swimming, underwater, or at riverbanks and lakesides, but they do not have tails.

Mermaid Livou
03-22-2016, 02:29 PM
yass ^^

Lili
08-09-2016, 09:00 AM
I saw this as a kid, I come from slovakia so I've seen basically all the Czech and slovakian classics throughout my childhood, on a side note, I love this movie [emoji14]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mermaid Livou
08-09-2016, 09:42 AM
yeey, ahoy ^^ still my favourite floating-meditative-heartjamming movie <3