PDA

View Full Version : MerNetwork Will Not Load

Mermaid Sirena
01-29-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't know why but I am unable to visit Mernetwork while using safari :( Which is my main web browser. Though clearly it works on Firefox, any ideas? Or suggestions? When I try from Safari I get this page every time

Neria
01-29-2012, 10:25 PM
That is exactly what has been happening to me! I haven't been able to check mernetwork for the past few days, but finally I tried going to it through a link on meryuku.

Mermaid Lorelei
01-30-2012, 01:20 AM
I was actually having trouble with it using firefox earlier.

Mermaid Miel
01-30-2012, 03:51 AM
SAme using Firefox at the Library... perfectly fine on my Prsonal laptop. :confused:

Azurin Luna
01-30-2012, 06:37 AM
I had that too on Safari and Firefox, but sometimes on Interexplorer too at work

AniaR
01-30-2012, 07:03 AM
they changed their servers without warning! wooo back online

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
01-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Yay! Finally! I was going through merwithdrawal!

Mermaid Saphira
01-30-2012, 04:20 PM
^ LOL! Same here :D

SweeteSiren
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I couldn't access the main page, but I discovered that if I tried to navigate to a forum page it would take me to the "Oops, you forgot to log in" screen & I can sneak in that way.

malinghi
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Well you see, what happened is... I have no f***ing idea.

I'm really pissed off cause I think its our hosting company's fault. I'll keep looking into it, and hopefully the site will be back to normal soon.

Mermaid Photine
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey! The website! Yay! (I haven't been able to access it in a few days. I use IE.)

Hi everyone! I missed you!

malinghi
01-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Okay, I have some more information. I think I know what caused the problem. After speaking to tech support for the millionth time, the guy told me that someone else on the shared server was using too many resources and it was slowing down all the sites on that server. They're currently fixing it, and the site should be back to normal soon.

I'm still mad that they let this happen though, and might start looking for another hosting company. If anyone has some recommendations, let me know.

green52
01-31-2012, 10:22 AM
I recommend ANYONE ELSE

Glad to hear that it might be resolved, tho.

malinghi
01-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah... I received an e-mail today confirming that other users breaking the rules it what causes the problems, and saying that they should be totally fixed now. Man, I can't believe it. I'm so frustrated and disappointed.

Mermaid Sirena
01-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Apart from this they've been a great way to host to forums, I would say stick with them for a bit though if anything else goes wrong think about someone else. I'm just glad it's back and operational, I was super sad without my daily does of mer :)

mermaidondine
02-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Okay, I have some more information. I think I know what caused the problem. After speaking to tech support for the millionth time, the guy told me that someone else on the shared server was using too many resources and it was slowing down all the sites on that server. They're currently fixing it, and the site should be back to normal soon.

I'm still mad that they let this happen though, and might start looking for another hosting company. If anyone has some recommendations, let me know.

I'm actually still having problems accessing Mernetwork on my own computer. I'm borrowing my mom's laptop right now, but any time I try to visit MN on my computer; it freaks out and the window and url flickrs with a strange address. I can't remember what exactly, but its something like "serveraxes" or "serveraxis" and almost seems reminiscent of a virus of some sort, but it doesn't do that with any other site that I visit. I checked my firewall programming as well and its not detecting anything. Is anyone else experiencing this?

If you do decide to switch to another forum/host, I HIGHLY recommend Invisionfree! :}

mermaidondine
02-02-2012, 02:34 AM

I'm actually still having problems accessing Mernetwork on my own computer. I'm borrowing my mom's laptop right now, but any time I try to visit MN on my computer; it freaks out and the window and url flickrs with a strange address. I can't remember what exactly, but its something like "serveraxes" or "serveraxis" and almost seems reminiscent of a virus of some sort, but it doesn't do that with any other site that I visit. I checked my firewall programming as well and its not detecting anything. Is anyone else experiencing this?

If you do decide to switch to another forum/host, I HIGHLY recommend Invisionfree! :}

AniaR
02-03-2012, 09:28 PM
aaaahh it loads but we cant find new posts and it doesnt tell you when your post goes through etc