PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough Mers? (2016 Meetup)

A_Koi_Mermaid
04-03-2016, 04:46 PM
I could have sworn there was already a Scarborough thread but I couldn't find it in the search. If there is, I apologize.

Anyway, hello mers! I was wondering what other merfolk (or fae-folk!) would be attending Scarborough this year and if anyone wanted to coordinate a day or place to meet? Are any Mernetwork merfolk working the faire this year (not necessarily as mers)?

I'd love to get together and say hi. (Maybe even with the rest of DFW pod)

EDIT:

So Fantasy Weekend seems like a good weekend for a mer get together. It gives everyone plenty of time to get everything together and figure out if they're going. So here's the details-

WHEN: May 14th-15th

There's a costume contest that weekend you can register for (by noon) at the front gate and you march in the parade where "secret" judges pick a winner.

If we'd like to pick a spot to meet up I'll add that here later, looking forward to see how everyone dresses up!

Shyren Shey
04-03-2016, 08:39 PM
A co-worker of mine was just talking about this faire earlier today. I'd love to go since I missed our local ren faire this year, but I'm not sure if I'm up for the nearly 4 hour drive, hahah~

Mermaid Enora
04-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I'll be there on Sunday of fantasy weekend as a patron.
Aysun the Mermaid will be there every weekend in the mermaid lagoon.

A_Koi_Mermaid
04-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Not sure on the day I'll be going yet, but I should be dressed as a faun this year once I tweak the stilts. I still have a few things to do, I usually don't go till May.

Mermaid Enora
04-05-2016, 03:31 PM
my sister is a faun and a fairy and does stilts. She'll be with me but I'm not sure what combo of costumes she'll end up wearing.

A_Koi_Mermaid
04-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I'm working on a set of wings as well but the veining in the wings has proven a bit tricky. Fairy stuff is my first love, but mermaids are close. :P

Mermaid Enora
04-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I'm working on a set of wings as well but the veining in the wings has proven a bit tricky. Fairy stuff is my first love, but mermaids are close. :P
same withe me, fairies first, mers a close second. :)

A_Koi_Mermaid
04-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Just checked the date on fantasy weekend and it's perfect for me! My fiancé and I usually go the weekend in between our birthdays and that is that weekend! I will update the thread with that info soon and ask DFW Pod if they wanna come.

Mermaid Enora
04-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Ok great!!!!

Shyren Shey
04-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Oh, I would really love to make it down to this for a weekend, but that's a ton of driving for just one day from okc and I'm not sure if I can sneak it into my budget since I just moved into a new place. I'll have to see how the next few weeks turn out.

A_Koi_Mermaid
04-21-2016, 11:38 PM
Looks like I should be going on the Sunday now. Not sure if I will be able to modify my faun outfit by then or not but I should be dressed up somehow.