PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Mer Meet 2016!!!

Lotus the Mermaid
04-07-2016, 06:09 PM
The LSMM is officially underway!

*I blocked off 15 rooms, each of which can accommodate up to 3 people, in the Hilton Inn & Suites Downtown Austin Convention Center for Friday, July 15th through Sunday, July 17th. There is a pool in the hotel, but I also hope to bring a couple of talented photog friends with me on the trip and head to some more scenic places around Austin with whomever wants to get pro photos for their mermaiding business!

*The price of the hotel is $189 per night, but everyone is encouraged to share costs because they're larger rooms! They'll be charging my card at the end of the stay, so you can each give payment to me. There is no entry fee, only the cost of your room. :)

*Etsy sellers and artists, please bring items you'd like to display to advertise your businesses as well!

***I need your RSVP BEFORE June 24th to ensure you get a spot! We currently have slots for up to 45 mers to stay at the hotel, which is a lot! I have until that date to change the number of rooms necessary for the meet! I can get either more or fewer rooms by that point. Everyone is welcome! You also will need to message me with your full name as it appears on your ID so that I can forward all of our names to the hotel.***

***The reservation is under "Lone Star Mer Meet."***

*I'm going to attempt to get in touch with some watering holes around Austin to prepare for our arrival! If we can reserve them, too, we will! :)

*If anyone would like to be a guest speaker, that would be fantastic! Let me know and I can either get an additional convention room for you or we can have a casual conference in the pool area.

This meet is going to be fun and pretty casual! I hope to see you all there! :)

I'll be making the official event and inviting our pod! It'll be public so anyone can get an invite! I just need your solid RSVP before June 24th!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or ideas for games and events, please feel free to message me!!!

Love,
Lotus <3

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u604/XxBasyaxX/LSMM2016%20-%20Printable2_zpsbyr1tn2h.png

SweetSweetMelody
04-12-2016, 09:52 PM
I'm totally interested. How long is this convention? Can i sign up to be a vendor in it? Do i absolutely have to stay in a hotel room? or is there a cheaper option? i would love to party with all you mermaids/mermen. Do you have a url for me?

Lotus the Mermaid
04-12-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm totally interested. How long is this convention? Can i sign up to be a vendor in it? Do i absolutely have to stay in a hotel room? or is there a cheaper option? i would love to party with all you mermaids/mermen. Do you have a url for me?

I'm so glad you're interested in joining!! You do not have to have a room in order to join, though if you want to stay with us all three days, there are options to share rooms and split costs! Just let me know if you're interested in staying in a room with others and I can sort everyone into rooms and charge from there. There is NO entry fee! If you don't need a room, it is free to attend our surrounding shoots and games, but I will need to check with the hotel about panels and guests that aren't staying to ensure you'll be allowed entry! :)
You can absolutely sign up to be a vendor! I'll check with the hotel how much we would need for a vending room. It would be preferable to just another hotel room. But I'll be working out a space for Etsy vendors and tailmakers to display their works. In the meantime, we for sure have a series promo we'll be filming there and a photographer who loves mers to help us do underwater shoots and natural spring shoots. Once I get the info from the hotel about vendors, I'll be sure to post a solid schedule for the event. :)

Here's the event URL! I'll post all of those updates ASAP!
https://www.facebook.com/events/259856914358030/

kellygracee
04-14-2016, 02:03 AM
A Texas mermaid meet! I might have to fly home to Tx just for this! Yay currently living in the Caribbean and miss my Tx people :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lotus the Mermaid
04-14-2016, 03:19 AM
We'd love to have you!! The more the merrier! :D