PDA

View Full Version : Events and mermaids

Gem Stone
01-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Hey I'm new and I was feeling a little intimidated by all of this since I just heard of it, so I decided to start a thread for new mermaids to meet the ones who have been here a little longer. Probably stupid I know, but feel free to use this to talk and especially to plan events! I would love to help!

Gem Stone
01-31-2012, 10:38 PM
im pretty nervous about making my first tail out of neoprin

New York Mermaid
01-31-2012, 11:22 PM
why nervous, theres no need you just take it step by step, no one is perfect on the first try, but they get it done and probably make something even better than first planned out.

malinghi
01-31-2012, 11:47 PM
im pretty nervous about making my first tail out of neoprin

If you run into any problems just ask people here for help.

Mermaid Saphira
02-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I would love to offer assistance :) I will help as much as i can!

Gem Stone
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
thanks for all the support you guys! i will definately ask if i need help!

Gem Stone
02-04-2012, 06:16 PM
i want to plan an event and i want everyone to vote on where they'd like to meet up this summer.

galveston?
Austin?
Houston?
any others?

SweeteSiren
03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Jackpot! Top 10 Texas swimming locations!!
http://www.tpwmagazine.com/archive/2008/aug/ed_4/

Gem Stone
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Awesome! I vote for the first spring! Sounds neat!

Mia
03-24-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm working on my first neoprene tail as well! Fintastic! Best of luck to you, doll!
Ooh, a meet up! I'd rather it be close to the Houston/Galveston area, but that aside, I'm good wherever we go!

Nemefish
03-24-2012, 04:18 AM
im new too and i feel intimidated to talk cuz i have no tail, but i really am a merenthusiast i have always been ever sience i was a kid.... problem is i have no money to buy tail making supplies or a tail, and if i did i wouldn't have a place to work on it cuz i live in a small apartment with little work space... :S kind of feel like a land locked mermaid haha :P

SweeteSiren
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Hello Nemefish!
I think we all start off feeling this way, so don't worry. If you can't afford to buy/make your tail yet, get a notebook and some pencils & start designing it instead. Once you have settled on what your tail is going to look like, you've moved from "I don't have a tail" to "I'm working on my tail", and it might make you feel more confident. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Gem Stone
03-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Nemefish- mermaid parties sells cool tails for $200. Just saying.

So more mers are voting for a houstonish area? Is there a spot to swim?

Nemefish
03-24-2012, 06:52 PM
omg thanks for being friendly!!!! :3 and thanks for the advice, i actually am thinking of a copper/silver/gold tail dolphin tail, because of most of the mythology Ive read talks about silver, copper, and gold mermaids(depending on the region and race of folklore) so thanks :D
ps. love your siren logo is one of my favorite historical paintings of a siren <3

Nemefish
03-24-2012, 06:55 PM
cools maybe ill save up and contact them :3 thanks so much gem stone :D
ps. love your signature (hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!0 it made me smile <3 :)

Gem Stone
03-24-2012, 07:46 PM
thank you. will admit, i stole my signature from mermaid camp at weeki wachee. the camp counslers said that on the last day as a final goodbye and put it on the cards they handed out

mermanjr
04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Mer-Palooza
www.Mer-Palooza.com
"www.Mer-Palooza.com
Mer-palooza tickets are on sale now at mer-palooza.com and there will be a trade show for all tail makers and vendors to sale tails and what not also some really fun activites and other great stuff at this event and now open is our Mer-Palooza shop with great Merchandise"
we are also having a mermaid trade show see site for more details
proceeds benefit make A wish

Mermaid~Summer
07-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Jackpot! Top 10 Texas swimming locations!!
http://www.tpwmagazine.com/archive/2008/aug/ed_4/

Thanks SweeteSiren! This article was extremely helpful :)

Mermaid~Summer
07-16-2013, 09:57 PM
im new too and i feel intimidated to talk cuz i have no tail, but i really am a merenthusiast i have always been ever sience i was a kid.... problem is i have no money to buy tail making supplies or a tail, and if i did i wouldn't have a place to work on it cuz i live in a small apartment with little work space... :S kind of feel like a land locked mermaid haha :P

Nemefish, I also new to the MerNetwork and I don't have a tail either but I refuse to let that stop me :) I'm planning on making a fabric tail with some lycra/spandex material that I got on sale and next year I plan on starting to save up for the MerBellas tail that I want :) Anytime yo start to feel down about not having a tail just remember what Dory said "Just keep swimming!"