PDA

View Full Version : The 3 Tails

DexRicon
04-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Due to this 'film's' quality it could go under internet/youtube videos, but it is on netflix right next to Transporter 3 and Sin City in the "Exciting Movies" category, so here we go. It is essentially an hour long youtube film about 3 girls who become mermaids and deal with the environment and...if you have seen one of those shows on youtube, you know the story. The quality is actually a bit lower than even Mermaid Miracles.

THAT SAID, as unentertaining as I found it to be I still think it's pretty cool that it found its way to a paid entertainment service. Not only do I have a lot of respect for the people who made it for simply putting themselves out there, but I hope the three leads continue trying and I hope to see more like this. If the Angry Video Game Nerd can pull of a film in theaters and this can find its way to netflix, maybe the spiritual sequel to Splash isn't far behind.

MerShellly
04-14-2016, 08:59 PM
maybe the spiritual sequel to Splash isn't far behind.

I thought there already was a Splash sequel?

DexRicon
04-14-2016, 09:57 PM
There is, but I am referring to a sequel that has similar themes and concepts without being a direct sequel like Galaxy Quest from Star Trek or Arrow from Smallville.

Keiris
04-15-2016, 12:13 PM
I just watched this a couple nights ago. I felt like I had an hour of life sucked out of me. The location and filmography was beautiful though.

Mermaid Machhalee
04-19-2016, 09:03 PM
I definitely wasn't impressed with the movie at all. Basically took all the ideas from Splash, H2o and all the other mermaid webshows on YouTube. But the locations were beautiful.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Momo
04-19-2016, 09:25 PM
Due to this 'film's' quality it could go under internet/youtube videos, but it is on netflix right next to Transporter 3 and Sin City in the "Exciting Movies" category, so here we go. It is essentially an hour long youtube film about 3 girls who become mermaids and deal with the environment and...if you have seen one of those shows on youtube, you know the story. The quality is actually a bit lower than even Mermaid Miracles.

THAT SAID, as unentertaining as I found it to be I still think it's pretty cool that it found its way to a paid entertainment service. Not only do I have a lot of respect for the people who made it for simply putting themselves out there, but I hope the three leads continue trying and I hope to see more like this. If the Angry Video Game Nerd can pull of a film in theaters and this can find its way to netflix, maybe the spiritual sequel to Splash isn't far behind.

I think the 3 tails is one of the longest going mer web series ever. I remember finding it years and years ago (I never really like the merseries on youtube tho cuz they're all basically H20 copies because they all popped up from fans of the show)

mersheep
04-21-2016, 02:24 AM
I managed to watch this. My expectations were low. This was Fish Tails without a budget. Not sure which was worse. Perhaps there is a curse when the word 'tail' is used in a title. On the other hand I did manage to find "The thirteenth year" and "Sabrina down under." on you tube so perhaps it is just the way the tropes work.

The best I can say it was better than nothing. Now if only Netflix would put Ocean Girl back on ...

AptaMer
04-24-2016, 10:10 AM
OK. I'll confess.

I liked Fishtales.

I have no shame.

Mermaid Mystery
04-25-2016, 12:16 PM
I liked Fish Tales too to be honest. This was just bad though, and I paid for it. I've never really been a fan of their acting.

mersheep
04-25-2016, 11:50 PM
There are parts of both "Tails" movies I do like. I am sort of partial to media that is not entirely mainstream. I like the animated H20 series too.