PDA

View Full Version : Crowdfunding for Conservation

Saren
04-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone, I hope this is relevant!

I'm looking into and seriously considering doing at least 2 wildlife conservation projects in Asia. And then hopefully adding a teaching abroad experience in Thailand just for fun.

I can pay most of the first trip myself with extra money I'm saving. But I'll be looking into crowdfunding the money for the rest.

One of the options is to have incentive levels. What are some good incentives people would like if they donate?

During these projects I plan to take lots of video or photos when possible and bring my mermaid tail along to spread some mermaid magic! Also since I'll have weekends off with these projects a good swim would be nice!

Confirmed:
1 week Elephant Village in Thailand

Possible:
Sea Turtle conservation in Indonesia
Teaching English Abroad in Thailand

As for incentives so far I just have the ideas of postcards with instant picture and local souvenirs as prizes for lower levels.

Saren
04-18-2016, 01:31 AM
Made my crowdfunding page!
https://www.volunteerforever.com/volunteer_profile/mermaid-saren

Merfin_Aurora_Oceania
04-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Saren, this is wonderful to see you putting forth your dreams and aspirations into action. Although varied from what action I plan to take as a mer however I share similar values as yourself. I get a happy tail flap when I see other mers following their purpose in life and placing into action.

I wish you well in this endeavour <3 Well done Saren. I hope lots of people and mers know about this.

PS - Donating is just that, sending it fowards, not about receiving the intentive of any gift such as postcard after donating, the donation then looses it value in my opinion for what its purpose was in the first place, to aide and assist. A thank you resides 10x better in my opinion >.^