PDA

View Full Version : Problem Fish!!

Mermaid Saphira
01-30-2012, 06:41 PM
I have 4 mollys; Ebony, Mickey, Maui and Lava. Maui and Lava recently had baby fish. Although I love Maui, he has been picking at Maui an my injured Mickey's (he ripped off his pectoral fin! Still alive but swims very akwardly) tail fin! I don't know of any thing else to do but get rid of him which I'd rather not do. Any suggestions to keep him from picking on poor little Mickey?? THANX :)

New York Mermaid
01-30-2012, 06:57 PM
if you have an empty breeding net you can place him or the injured one in there temporarily or a small tank or a divider would help, but sometimes mollys fight for space, dominance disputes or they dont have enough hiding spots (plants and caves are the best way to do this.)

Mermaid Saphira
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Got plenty of plants so thats certainly not a problem! I'll try a divider :)

Lotus
01-31-2012, 08:39 AM
I think that's the best way; I have dwarf african cichlids that do the same thing- pick on each other, rip off fins ect.... I do take some out of the tank to a tropical fish place when it gets crowded, but that's just because they are ALWAYS having babies. lol

Mermaid Saphira
01-31-2012, 03:40 PM
^ Thanx for your help! I just thought my fish was mental! LOL :lol:

Mermaid Saphira
01-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Maui, Mickey, Ebony and Lava have recently passed away (not all at once). May the R.I.P <3