View Full Version : I got my first tail today!

Mermaid Whisper
05-03-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm Mermaid Kaitlyn (at least for now). I'm 18 and I've been struggling with myself for years, depression and some other things, but that's starting to change :)

I've been a MerNetwork member since 2012 and have loved mermaids for 10 years. I have also been wanting a tail really badly since 2010. I looked at everything from Mermagica to the Mertailor and all the ones in between. Back in 2010, Fin Fun had Diamond Shimmer tails that were, well, rather amateur-looking, and I wasn't as interested. But things changed, and then I got a job at JCPenney making a little bit of money in a stockroom. I looked and looked, and, finally...

I got a custom Celtic Green tail!

(Yes, my room is beach-themed, and no, I am not wearing makeup - yet!)

I had to take it in, but I used the same color thread and an overlock stitch, so it's perfect :) I am SO happy at long last! I really want to do shows or parties to make people happy. That's what I live for--smiles. I work in customer service and I love children. I should start my own little business, shouldn't I?

Thanks for reading!

Merman Jon
05-03-2016, 05:40 PM
That is a fintastic tail. That is a fintastic idea.
I work with customers.

Mermaid Arabella
05-03-2016, 05:44 PM
That's so great, Kaitlyn!! Glad you found the perfect tail! :dance:

Mermaid Whisper
05-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Thank you both :) my parents are rather unsupportive, but my sisters are happy that I'M happy.

I took a Web design class and know a good bit of HTML and CSS. I'm totally building a website for myself now, haha.

What should my mersona be? I used to use Oceanne, but it's not me anymore. Sirena is beautiful, and I once used that as well, but it's also not me. Any suggestions or lists of names I could look through?

Merman Jon
05-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Your welcome.
There might be sites that has mer named.

Coral Corey
05-03-2016, 06:16 PM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?12982-List-Of-Mermaid-and-Merman-Names That is a list of names to look through. I hope you find what you are looking for. :)

Kait
05-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Yay for finally getting a tail:yay:love that you have a beach themed room!

Mermaid Whisper
05-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Thank you! It's been the same way for 8 or 9 years :)

Ashe
05-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on your tail! That is always exciting :)
Also, don't get all bubbled up about your mer name, with time it will surely come to you! When it does, you'll know its the one :)

Mermaid Whisper
05-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Thank you! I've actually found my mermaid name as of last night (after 4 years, haha), and I am working to get it into place! I'm Mermaid Whisper :)

Merman Mizu
05-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Love it! :D
glad you found your perfect tail !
And regarding the buisness, I think it would be a good idea! :D A mermaid-for-hire is allways an interesting form of entertainment (many children would love it) ^^
enjoy your tail Sweetheart! <3

-Mizu

Mermaid Whisper
05-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Thank you so much, Mizu :) There's hardly anyone like me in my area, so it's certainly something different! I'm so happy already. Whenever I've gotten upset these past two days, I just put the tail on and it all goes away <3

Amapele
05-13-2016, 11:26 AM
So happy for you! :)