PDA

View Full Version : Events for Mermaids/Mermen in Washington?!

The_MermaidBrianna
05-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Hey guys! I'm fairly new to the mercommunity and i wanted to know if there were any events for a mermaid to go to, or any mermeetups coming up! Does anyone know of any events going on this summer that would be fun to go to?? (Festivals, community events, charity events,etc) :D

Mermaid Mia
05-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Hey guys! I'm fairly new to the mercommunity and i wanted to know if there were any events for a mermaid to go to, or any mermeetups coming up! Does anyone know of any events going on this summer that would be fun to go to?? (Festivals, community events, charity events,etc) :D

There is a Facebook tentative plan for a mermeetup here :
https://www.facebook.com/events/228246677522256/?ti=icl

I don't know of anything else big, but would also love to meet more mers in the pacific northwest :3

The_MermaidBrianna
05-19-2016, 08:44 PM
OMG that looks like so much fun! I totally want to go to that!

Mermaid Mia
05-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triton-Mahtlinnie
05-19-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm hosting a boat cruise/outdoor swim in July.

I'd also really like to rent the Colman Pool for my birthday (last weekend in August), but would need merfolk to commit and pitch in. (renting the pool is expensive.) Will probably post something about that soon-ish.

The_MermaidBrianna
05-19-2016, 11:52 PM

I'd also really like to rent the Colman Pool for my birthday (last weekend in August), but would need merfolk to commit and pitch in. (renting the pool is expensive.) Will probably post something about that soon-ish.
The boat cruise and swim sounds really fun! And it would be fun to rent out a pool and get a bunch of merfolk together! If you need any help planning that, let me know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Theobromine
05-21-2016, 12:31 AM
I went on the Bainbridge cruise last year and it was hella fun, definitely going again this year! I also hope we can get together and all pitch in to rent Colman Pool for Ed's birthday. It's 100% worth the expense. It's an outdoor saltwater pool in a wooded park in West Seattle that looks out over the Sound: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/aquatics/colman.htm

The_MermaidBrianna
05-21-2016, 03:45 AM
If we all pitched in a little, im sure it wouldnt be that much! And im for sure going on the cruise so im really excited to meet everyone!

Ottery
05-29-2016, 01:44 PM
There is a lovely group called Una's Fantasea Cove that does tons of events in the Oregon/Washington area (link here: https://m.facebook.com/UnasFantaSeaCove/), and it's a lot of fun! We're pretty much booked every weekend starting mid June or so, and we get in for free wherever we perform. We did Faerieworlds last year!

The_MermaidBrianna
05-29-2016, 01:46 PM
I acually just discovered them! Ive been talking back and forth with Una and i think im going to seafair and portlandia mermaid parade, and hopefully all the other events!! ♡♡♡

Ottery
05-29-2016, 01:48 PM
I acually just discovered them! Ive been talking back and forth with Una and i think im going to seafair and portlandia mermaid parade, and hopefully all the other events!! ♡♡♡

Awesome! I go to pretty much every event so I'll probably see you at one!

The_MermaidBrianna
05-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Awesome! I go to pretty much every event so I'll probably see you at one!
Yay! Im beyond excited! This will be my first events as a mermaid!

Mermaid Mia
05-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Thank you for sharing that link. Looks like an awesome group and now i know of some more local events!

Ottery
05-29-2016, 03:49 PM
You're welcome! Glad I could help!

The_MermaidBrianna
06-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Hey mers!! Summer has finally arrived and i know there are a TON of mer events taking place here in the PNW. Im trying to fill in my schedule so i know which days to take off. I have some events im doing this summer with Una's group, but i know there are others i would like to attend (mermeetups,fesitvals, etc) so whats going on this summer mers??! I think we should all start planning a mermeetup here in Washington! Also, i know there is a steamboat cruise coming up in July, are any of you guys going to that?? Let me know what mer-related events everyone is going to this summer! I need a pod! And friends! 😣 And if anyone wants to help me out in planning a huge mermeetup! Please dont heisitate to join! I might make another thread for that, or just leave it on this one.

(Also, a Bainbridge beach clean up is coming up in September, and i think it would be loads of fun to all go and help Bainbridge clean up their beaches! )

Mermaid Chrissa
06-14-2016, 02:43 PM

I realize this was posted a little while ago, but I just saw it! The cruise/outdoor swim sounds awesome! And I would totally commit to pitching in for renting the pool in August! :)

tessie
06-17-2016, 07:18 PM
Definitely up for any meet ups in the area! I just need to know when so I can make sure I'm free.

The_MermaidBrianna, if you ever need help planning anything, hit me up! :)

Mermaid Chrissa
06-20-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm curious if any mermaids up here go to any fantasy, fairy, or pirate cons up here? And if you perform?
I noticed the Fantasy Faire in Tacoma has applications for vendors and performers. It seems like it would be fun to get a little-ish pool full of mermaids or something at a faire like that.

The_MermaidBrianna
06-20-2016, 03:28 PM
Umm yesss!! Id be totally down for the fair in Tacoma!! Im performing at seafair pirates landing this coming up saturday, and portlandia mermaid parade in juky, but.other than those, i NEED more events! It would be soo much fun to perform at fantasy faire!!

The_MermaidBrianna
06-20-2016, 03:32 PM
The website says that its for people who have handcrafted things to sell. Hmm any mers here want to sell some things and have a group of mers backing you up?! :D

Mermaid Chrissa
06-20-2016, 03:39 PM
The website says that its for people who have handcrafted things to sell. Hmm any mers here want to sell some things and have a group of mers backing you up?! :D

Well, I do have art prints that I could sell. But I was wondering if a group of mermaids might fit better within the performances area...? Not sure. It would be something we would probably have to contact the people in charge of the faire about.

Mermaid Chrissa
06-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Umm yesss!! Id be totally down for the fair in Tacoma!! Im performing at seafair pirates landing this coming up saturday, and portlandia mermaid parade in juky, but.other than those, i NEED more events! It would be soo much fun to perform at fantasy faire!!

That's awesome that you are performing in a couple places already. I'm curious, what type of stuff do you do at those performances? Are you in the water?

The_MermaidBrianna
06-20-2016, 03:44 PM
I would definitally be up for this! If you contact a few other mers in the area, im sure they would want to join in as well!

This coming up saturday will be my first ever event...ever. haha so im incredibly nervous, but i was just gonna sing and tell stories to children who pass by. Im just gonna go with the flow and figure out what to do based on the crowd. Im going eith a group so i wont be super nervous since there will be other mers there who are more expirenced.

Mermaid Chrissa
06-20-2016, 03:49 PM
I would definitally be up for this! If you contact a few other mers in the area, im sure they would want to join in as well!

This coming up saturday will be my first ever event...ever. haha so im incredibly nervous, but i was just gonna sing and tell stories to children who pass by. Im just gonna go with the flow and figure out what to do based on the crowd. Im going eith a group so i wont be super nervous since there will be other mers there who are more expirenced.

Wow! That is so awesome. I definitely want to get into doing more events like that eventually. Unfortunately I already have plans this weekend so I won't even be able to come see the event, but I hope all goes well! I need to meet mers in the area. I've been solo so far. >.<

I will post another topic and let people know if I find out more about other faires that we could perform at or if I book anything.

The_MermaidBrianna
06-20-2016, 03:49 PM
That's awesome that you are performing in a couple places already. I'm curious, what type of stuff do you do at those performances? Are you in the water?
At the events im going to, im not going to be in the water :( But i hope to eventually find some events i can swim at!

The_MermaidBrianna
06-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Wow! That is so awesome. I definitely want to get into doing more events like that eventually. Unfortunately I already have plans this weekend so I won't even be able to come see the event, but I hope all goes well! I need to meet mers in the area. I've been solo so far. >.<

I will post another topic and let people know if I find out more about other faires that we could perform at or if I book anything.
Ok awesome! Yeah i think a seperate thread would be good, if you decide to get a group together for that! If you do, count me in!

The_MermaidBrianna
06-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Well, I do have art prints that I could sell. But I was wondering if a group of mermaids might fit better within the performances area...? Not sure. It would be something we would probably have to contact the people in charge of the faire about.
We could always have like an arts and crafts table? Like make mermaid/merman crowns, or maybe mermaid makeovers? We could all pitch in for supplies, and teach people how to make crowns? I think that would be really really fun!

Mermaid Chrissa
06-20-2016, 06:30 PM
We could always have like an arts and crafts table? Like make mermaid/merman crowns, or maybe mermaid makeovers? We could all pitch in for supplies, and teach people how to make crowns? I think that would be really really fun!

That's a good idea. I was thinking if we sold like merjewelry, or something that could work, but a crafts table sounds like a lot of fun!

The_MermaidBrianna
06-20-2016, 06:32 PM
That's a good idea. I was thinking if we sold like merjewelry, or something that could work, but a crafts table sounds like a lot of fun!
Both maybe?! :0 see now im all excited for this, so now it HAS to happen!

Mermaid Mia
08-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Hello all! There is an event over on my side of Washington in October!!! The Mid Colombia Pirates Festival is being held october 7th-9th at the Clover Island Inn (kennewick wa) and mermaids are welcome! They have a heated pool and mermaids (such as myself) have a reserved swim time at 7 pm. The entry fee is a can of food (which will be donated to the food bank or POPP) OR a cash donation (for the American Childhood Cancer Organization Inland Northwest).

Mermaid Mia
08-23-2016, 03:55 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/dbab620237802d90e7096c50bada1887.jpg
The flyer for the event :)
Aaaaand
https://www.facebook.com/events/1605814146415882/?ti=icl
The facebook link

IslandGirl
08-04-2017, 06:46 AM
I live on Bainbridge Island. If there's another cruise...I would love to be included!