PDA

View Full Version : Disney considering live-action Little Mermaid

Mermaid Arabella
05-25-2016, 03:03 PM
YAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!
http://comicbook.com/2016/05/25/live-action-little-mermaid-being-considered-by-disney/

Mermaid Freyja
05-25-2016, 03:17 PM
I....I can't even handle this right now.
:swoon:

Kait
05-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!! (Please Disney don't ruin though!)

Lexicious
05-25-2016, 10:17 PM
Yes!!!!

This makes me insanely happy.

Mermaid Arabella
05-26-2016, 01:19 PM
Another article: http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/disney-in-early-stages-of-developing-a-live-action-little-mermaid
(warning: completely unrelated video autoplays =_= )

DexRicon
05-27-2016, 12:58 AM
My big concern is Universal's Little Mermaid that's already in production. True, two Sleeping Beauties came out in one year, but two mermaids? I am for it...are studios?

That said, the article also mentions Mary Poppins starring Lin-Manuel Miranda. When I tell my wife she is going to flip.

Keiris
05-27-2016, 01:12 AM
It will be interesting to see if both productions actually come to fruition. Several years ago, when "Splash" was being filmed, another movie titled, "Mermaid!", was also in production. Ron Howard beat them to the punch with his "Splash" gem and the other movie threw in the towel.

Merman Andrew
05-27-2016, 01:22 AM
My big concern is Universal's Little Mermaid that's already in production. True, two Sleeping Beauties came out in one year, but two mermaids? I am for it...are studios?

From what I can tell from the one that is already in production, it looks like it will be a completely different story to the animated Disney classic (IMDB says its "inspired by the story The Little Mermaid") and will most likely be coming out in 2017. If Disney are only starting to think about producing a new version I doubt we would see it any sooner than 2018 at this stage. So its a probably a big enough gap, and I don't think people would equate them as being the same movie re-done since they have different storylines and characters.

mersheep
05-27-2016, 01:24 AM

That said, the article also mentions Mary Poppins starring Lin-Manuel Miranda. When I tell my wife she is going to flip.

I thought P.L. Travers will forbade any remakes or sequels or other adaptations.

Luna Dreamtide
05-27-2016, 04:17 AM
From what I'd read - I thought they had already decided to go ahead with it because there was this big controversy at the possibility that Ariel would not be a redhead like the orginal Disney film.

Mermaid Lieke
05-27-2016, 08:10 AM
From what I'd read - I thought they had already decided to go ahead with it because there was this big controversy at the possibility that Ariel would not be a redhead like the orginal Disney film.
It's not disney that's making that movie

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

Luna Dreamtide
05-27-2016, 09:07 AM
It's not disney that's making that movie

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk
Oh ok cool. I'd definitely be keen to see a Disney live action though - if it was done right :)

Mermaid Arabella
08-16-2016, 05:24 PM
IT'S HAPPENING!!!
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/758303-live-action-little-mermaid-movie