PDA

View Full Version : Hi beautiful mer-people!

cwaz33xxNina
05-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Hi! I'm Nina! Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm new to this mermaiding thing.

I'm from Garland and live right next to Lake Ray Hubbard, but I travel to Fort Worth every week so I'm basically all around the metroplex.

I saw the Sirenalia mermaid retreat on my Facebook ads and thought it was the coolest thing ever! Then I researched more into it and found out mermaiding is a actual hobby :jawdrop::swoon:....and here I am!

Definately wanna make it out to some of the DFW meets to meet you guys so you can show a noob how its done lol.

My first fabric tail is being delivered tomorrow...you guys, my inner child is jumping up and down right now! LOL

Kait
05-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Welcome lovely, yay for your tail delivery!!

Mermaid_Sarina
05-27-2016, 12:31 AM
Welcome! And congrats on your new tail! Thats really exciting! Happy swimming :)

A_Koi_Mermaid
05-27-2016, 12:43 AM
Glad to have you here! A lot of us are fairly new, mostly spandex tails. We have a few silicones in our group and our pod is always growing. I've been mer swimming for about a year now with just my monofin but I'm happy to share all I've learned so far!

cwaz33xxNina
05-27-2016, 01:26 AM
Than you ladies!

Yay spandex tails for the win! I just want to see a silicone in real life. I bet they're to die for.

To be honest, I haven't swam In years... But I was a fairly decent swimmer back when I did. I mean I can tread water and swim to the other side of the pool! Lol never swam in a monofin or free dived before but I'm determined to get this thing down! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A_Koi_Mermaid
05-27-2016, 01:35 AM
I was not a very strong swimmer honestly, I could stay afloat but nothing amazing. My monofin made it all very easy really. I felt the same way, I really wanted to see a silicone tail in person. I have seen the one at our meet currently, I dunno if any will be there this month.

The pool we normally swim in is 9ft at its deepest, but we have some shallower water as well.

Mermaid Lunette
05-27-2016, 01:38 AM
Welcome to mernetwork! always nice to see a new Texas mer :) yay for first tail! I hope you will post picks on the 'show me your tail' thread :D

cwaz33xxNina
05-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Welcome to mernetwork! always nice to see a new Texas mer :) yay for first tail! I hope you will post picks on the 'show me your tail' thread :D

Of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LauraLWatson
05-27-2016, 09:26 PM
Welcome!