PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Post

Alveric
02-02-2012, 11:50 AM
You probably won't see this. :)

I've been unable to post for the last couple of days.

Alveric

Azurin Luna
02-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I see you post, so it seems to be working for you again

Gem Stone
02-02-2012, 02:33 PM
that happens to me sometime too, i think the website might have a bug or two

Alveric
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
It's like your car, when it makes a noise til just before the mechanic listens for it.

Alveric

AniaR
02-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Ive been having that issue too, I can see everythign but it tells me there was an error when I posted. But when I go and look back, my post shows up

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I tried posting several times, and it didn't show an error message or anything (it seemed like the posts went through), but there was no post or sign of said post.

ShyMer
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
on the subject of bugs, is anyone having the problem where no new posts are showing up on the new posts page? Even now it's saying this thread has had no replies, though clearly it has. I like to read every post here, so it saddens me to see that I'm missing out.

Mermaid Saphira
02-02-2012, 04:53 PM
same here! I post something and I am directed to an error page. I simply retype the website name and i find that my post is there :)

AniaR
02-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Its also now saying 0 replies to everything

malinghi
02-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Hmm. Crap. I'm gonna look into this stuff.

Mermaid Lorelei
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I've had the same problem with the new posts section. Only new threads seem to be showing up.

AniaR
02-03-2012, 03:39 PM
yeah Im not even getting the new threads

Alveric
02-03-2012, 03:49 PM
It's hit and miss, sometimes I can post and sometimes I can't.

Alveric

SweeteSiren
02-11-2012, 08:45 AM
I am noticing that sometimes when I hit Reply it posts my comment - and sometimes it deletes my comment. No error message, not redirect, just a blank text box. I feel better seeing not only that other mers have the same problem, but also that the posts in this thread are numbered 1 through negative 12. :confused:

Winged Mermaid
02-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Thank you for reporting these problems. It seems all the bugs we've had in the past month, for some reason my account is not effected by any of them so I wouldn't know anything is going on at all. Even now I'm not getting any of the reported issues. We of course will do our best to resolve everything. Change some settings, make updates, seek support from vBulletin, ect. We would appreciate a post a day to this thread indicating what issues are still present so we know what is working and what isn't. Thank you so much for your patience!

AniaR
02-13-2012, 06:37 AM
everything has been working properly since the last time I posted in this thread :3

Alveric
02-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Every now and then, I run across a post I can't open, like Mermaid Aqua's on the New Mermaid Blog thread. Other than that, it's working fine.

Alveric

malinghi
02-13-2012, 10:58 PM
I made a couple changes to try and fix these errors, so hopefully the site should be behaving better. Let me know if you see any more bugs.

Also, and this is kinda unrelated- I also recently changed the settings on how it detects whether a post is new to you or not. Previously the "What's new" page would only show unread posts since your last visit, but now it shows all unread posts as unread, whether you've visited since they were made or not. Just in case you guys were wondering.

Anyway, sorry about the bugs, keep telling us about them when you find them! We depend on people reporting stuff.

Mermaid Lorelei
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Everything pretty much seems to be working like normal for me, except that 3 boards are stuck on my new posts page. They have no new posts in them, but they still won't go away.

Winged Mermaid
02-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Try going to the main forum page, then going to the top. Under the navigation bar there are some other functions, go to "Forum Actions" and select "Mark Forums Read". See if that helps!

Mermaid Lorelei
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
You're a doll! It worked first try.

malinghi
02-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Everything pretty much seems to be working like normal for me, except that 3 boards are stuck on my new posts page. They have no new posts in them, but they still won't go away.

I know what causes this- its a side effect of the new settings for what's new. Vbulletin has 3 options on how it tracks whether things are read or unread. Previously it was set to the least processing intense option, where it only shows unread stuff from your last visit, and marks everything read after you leave. The current settings show everything unread, but it has trouble marking forums as read. The third setting will fix that but it takes me processing power, so for now I set it to the second one, and I want to wait and see if the site works normally with the slightly more intensive settings.