PDA

View Full Version : European Mermaid needs help for her first tail

MimiChan
05-28-2016, 06:32 AM
Hello merfolks!

First of all, excuse me If my English isn't good enough, or if this thread is not supossed to be here, but I didn't know where to seek for some help!
I'm Alicia, from Spain, and I'm having a hard time choosing a tailmaker for various reasons.

I was looking for a realistic, but not so expensive tail that is resistant for photoshoots and also that I can swim in (it's been childhood dream to swim and to feel like a mermaid!) From the research that I've done to this point, I've come to the conclusion that silicone would be the best option, as latex or neoprene would me more fragile. Could anyone tell me if this is correct, or about their experience with different materials?

As I can't afford paying custom taxes, almost every tailmaker outside the European Union was out of range to me. I was wondering to buy one from Aurore le Sirene (French tailmaker), but I've read some terrible things about her in this forum, so I'm a bit scared.

Also, I found that Matthew Quijano (MerrowFins) is making a basic silicone tail for 600$. As all the silicone tails that I have seen are starting from 900$, I thought I found a good option, (I would have to pay custom taxes, but luckily i wouldn't be up to 1000$ in total with shipping etc). The thing is, I sent him an email and a FB message about my request (my dream is to have a tail that resembles Ariel's from The Little Mermaid) but he hasn't responded to me, even though he has seen the message. Does anyone had any experience with this tailmaker?

I would like to say, thank you very much in advance. I would appreciate any kind of help or sugestions. What would you do in my case?

Mermaid Lieke
06-01-2016, 10:20 AM
Hi Mimi, right now I'm experimenting with making tails and tops, I also live in the EU, I'll probably start taking commissions by the end of September. Right now I'm making molds and I want to so some more experiments before taking on commissions.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

PhaylennMurúch
06-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Mermaid Kassandra is in Italy and makes tails

Mermaid Kassandra
06-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Mermaid Kassandra is in Italy and makes tails

I am not making tails anymore at the moment I don't know I'm future but Mertails company doesn't exist anymore.

Ocean
07-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Hi There, I am int he UK and I too am starting to make silicon tails, in the process of moulds and designs but would be happy to take on orders, once I am satisfied with my application of skills!! Exciting times ahead!!