PDA

View Full Version : Official DFW Meets 2: kid friendly version

Trade Winds
06-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Allrighty everymer, time to gauge interest in this. Me and Mary have begun some very basic planning for this. We think Dinosaur Valley or Burger's Lake would be cool kid friendly places to start with. Gimme your input. Who is interested, ideas, etc...pools can always happen but it's summer so let's get some outdoorsy ideas if possible. (Weather permitting)

A_Koi_Mermaid
06-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Dinosaur Valley may be a little deep for kids, they have a range of depths I think but it looks like but one of them is 20' deep with zero lifeguards. I am for the trip, I just think we'd have to be careful, especially with children so it may not be out best choice.

Burgers Lake looks great! Lots of fun stuff for everyone.

Trade Winds
06-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Maybe we should do a test run for Dinosaur Valley, unless someone who has been before could chime in. I wouldn't mind going just to check it out and then me (or whoever goes) could let others know.

Burger's Lake is divine for wet blankets like me. They allow no music and no alcohol. Every few hours they have everyone clear the water to check for any missing people. They also have lifeguards.

MerDragon Arie
06-06-2016, 06:32 PM
One of my friends have been here a couple times and LOVES it! I know it might be a bit far for some but if you are looking for "outdoorsy" type places I say shoot for this sometime! There isn't any lifeguards BUT if there is enough people there to watch the kids and the kids/minors have a guardian around to keep track than I don't think it would be too bad. Check it out for yourselves!

http://www.littleelm.org/index.aspx?NID=201

Trade Winds
06-07-2016, 10:00 AM
I think for a trial run, Burger's Lake would be perfect. It's safe, fun, and has stuff for us to do other than swim. However, it costs $15 per adult and $10 per kid. So it can get pricey for a big group. I'll talk with those I know are interested and see if we can whip up a date (open for suggestions) and go from there.

LauraLWatson
06-10-2016, 01:20 AM
Where is dinosaur valley?

Trade Winds
06-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Glen Rose, I believe

http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/dinosaur-valley

Mary Marine
06-12-2016, 01:30 AM
Burger's Lake is very family friendly, if a little pricey, but I guess you gotta pay for those slides and lifeguards somehow! It can get crowded, but is great for splashing in the shallows and taking pictures.

Trade Winds
06-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Would anyone aside from the mers I have already talked to about this want to try Burger's Lake for a 'test run'?

Trade Winds
06-14-2016, 07:16 AM
Ok, maybe not burger's lake after I made a point elsewhere about too many of us will cramp the place. So here is what we could do if anyone else wants to go aside from those I have talked to:

Depending on how mnay I know of us beforehand we could do Burger's

Or we could try Dinosaur Valley instead, depending on flood status