PDA

View Full Version : New Texas mer!

mermaid_rebby
06-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Heyy everybody! my name is Rebecca and I'm brand new into actual mermaiding but I've been researching it for a couple years and finally decided to take the "plunge" (hahaimpunny) I'm buying my very first monofin tomorrow and fabric for my tail.

I moved to Texas back in 2014 to be with my fiancÚ. I'm located near hurst and I'm pretty awkward and silly and I'm excited to make new friends.
I'm decent with sewing and I've been cosplaying since 2008 so if anyone needs help with that sort of stuff hit me up :3! I also do digital art if anyone is in need of commissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmbrGlows
06-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Welcome Mermaid Rebby!

My mermaid name is Sessilee. I too make my own fabric tails. The pod tries to meet once a month in North Richland Hills at their aquatic center. Maybe we'll see you at the next meet.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MermaidCelesteFL
06-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Hello and welcome from Florida! Funny you should mention that you do digital art commissions, as I have been searching for someone to do a commission for myself and my boyfriend. Where can I find your portfolio?

A_Koi_Mermaid
06-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Hey there! A couple of us live here in Hurst/HEB area! Can't wait to get together! My friend and I are also cosplayers so you'll fit right in.

mermaid_rebby
06-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Hello and welcome from Florida! Funny you should mention that you do digital art commissions, as I have been searching for someone to do a commission for myself and my boyfriend. Where can I find your portfolio?

I have some pictures on my tumblr here
http://manakittyreblog.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art
Be warned its a lot of furry stuff lol. If you scroll way down there's an example of a background :3

mermaid_rebby
06-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Welcome Mermaid Rebby!

My mermaid name is Sessilee. I too make my own fabric tails. The pod tries to meet once a month in North Richland Hills at their aquatic center. Maybe we'll see you at the next meet.

Aw yee another crafty mer! If it's on a Saturday or Sunday I'll definitely be there I always have those days off x3

mermaid_rebby
06-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Hey there! A couple of us live here in Hurst/HEB area! Can't wait to get together! My friend and I are also cosplayers so you'll fit right in.

More cosplayers yessss! I can't wait either I've been needing to make more friends around here >w<

AmbrGlows
06-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Aw yee another crafty mer! If it's on a Saturday or Sunday I'll definitely be there I always have those days off x3

It is normally one of those two days.

mermaid_rebby
06-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Perfect! Now to get that tail done..

AmbrGlows
06-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Perfect! Now to get that tail done..

Come with or without a tail.

Mary Marine
06-13-2016, 03:43 AM
Welcome to the pod! What kind of monofin did you buy?

mermaid_rebby
06-13-2016, 03:58 AM
I got the mahina it sounded like the best fit from what I read :3

AmbrGlows
06-13-2016, 04:08 AM
I got the mahina it sounded like the best fit from what I read :3

I think that makes 3 blue Mahinas and one orange in the pod now. Mary Marine and Enora both have blue Mahinas too...unless either of them sold theirs.

Mermaid Lunette
06-13-2016, 09:02 AM
welcome to the pod :D
visited your tumblr, lovely artwork! ^^ what all type of commissions do you offer? (like, only single characters in a pose? or that and more?)

mermaid_rebby
06-13-2016, 02:26 PM
welcome to the pod :D
visited your tumblr, lovely artwork! ^^ what all type of commissions do you offer? (like, only single characters in a pose? or that and more?)

That and more I'm pretty open to ideas. Just ask and I'll let you know if it's doable :3

MerDragon Arie
06-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the Pod Rebby! Looking forward getting to know you!

Lotus the Mermaid
06-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Welcome, rebby!!! I love your art! Sylveon is my fave, too!! I hope we can swim together soon! (*^▽^*)

mermaid_rebby
06-22-2016, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the Pod Rebby! Looking forward getting to know you!

Same! Love your tail it's really pretty :3!

mermaid_rebby
06-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Welcome, rebby!!! I love your art! Sylveon is my fave, too!! I hope we can swim together soon! (*^▽^*)

Lol thank you! X3 I'm really excited for Saturday to meet everyone and try my tail out. I just gotta cut out and sew the fluke fabric >v<

Mary Marine
06-23-2016, 11:11 PM
I think that makes 3 blue Mahinas and one orange in the pod now. Mary Marine and Enora both have blue Mahinas too...unless either of them sold theirs.

I still have mine and Trade Winds just bought an orange one. So many merfins!