PDA

View Full Version : What has mermaiding done for you?

MermaidSaku
02-04-2012, 09:10 AM
So i know a lot of us have lost weight because of mermaiding and i have to say it's a wow : )
Even with losing weight and all i might not have gotten what i wanted but i did get a healthier body. There are other things mermaiding has done for everyone so post pictures or whatever u see fit to share with everyone.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/before_and_after_babeh.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/got_it.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/see-1.png

yes that 08 pic is me in highschool my junior year.. looooool

Spindrift
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
You're looking really good Saku!! Wow.
Keep up the amazing work :)

MermaidSaku
02-04-2012, 01:57 PM
it took forever but i am still trying to get to 180

Mermaid Saphira
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM
^ Good for you! You look fin-tastic! :)

Prince Calypso
02-13-2012, 12:48 AM
mermaiding for me has allowed me to have a since of belonging. i have some pretty open minded freind but when i used to go off on mermaid tangants they were harldy interested
for the longest time i had no clue that they're were other who were just as obsessed with mermaids as me
people who i could talk to about the fact that Ariel's tail in TLM ist kinda short and stumpy and her hips are huge.
people who i could quote lines from splash, aquamarine with
people who have watched every episode of H2O and know every word to "No ordinary girl"

so mermaiding has given me a family that i never even knew i had or wanted and i love you all

ScheherazOdd
02-13-2012, 04:06 AM
I don't know about losing weight, because I don't own a scale so I can't check, but I do know I've built muscle. Also, I have learned that swimming with my eyes open in salt water doesn't sting a bit, but opening my eyes in chlorinated pools hurts like a motherfucker and I must never ever do it again. And the constant swimming is wreaking havoc with my hair color, but I don't particularly care.

Mermaid Saphira
02-13-2012, 09:04 AM
mermaiding for me has allowed me to have a since of belonging. i have some pretty open minded freind but when i used to go off on mermaid tangants they were harldy interested
for the longest time i had no clue that they're were other who were just as obsessed with mermaids as me
people who i could talk to about the fact that Ariel's tail in TLM ist kinda short and stumpy and her hips are huge.
people who i could quote lines from splash, aquamarine with
people who have watched every episode of H2O and know every word to "No ordinary girl"

so mermaiding has given me a family that i never even knew i had or wanted and i love you all

Beautiful <3 :)

michellerobison
02-13-2012, 11:40 AM
It's motivated me to try to get back into shape... since we moved back from Florida,I've gained 20 pounds...sucks!

When I lived in Florida and could jump into our pool it was great. I lost a lot of weight and toned up. I hope when we move back,even if we have a small older house,I want a pool. I used to swim ,exercise and just relax and it melted off stress and pounds. I loved the gentle rocking of the waves when I'd lay on the floaty raft... the water is like a gentle carress from mother nature..

I'd go for a long walk and just jump in to cool off,clothes and all... I bet once I get "finned",I will be swimming more and tone up even more. I used to get a little bit of sore muscles swimming,I can imagine how mermaiding swims will work out those muscles. I assume if they're a bit sore I must have worked them out good. No wonder mermaids are in good shape!

People laugh and treat it like a childhood or teen ager fantasy,maybe that's why most of the mermaid movies out there are geared to that genre... but people might want to change their views,it's not an escape from reality, just a little holiday from the mundane and healthy in many ways....emotionally and physically.
Forget Jenny Craig and go mermaiding! :)

Mermaid Saphira
02-13-2012, 12:49 PM
^ We should start our own little losing weight program :lol: Got a name for it?? ;)

SweeteSiren
02-13-2012, 05:56 PM
We love you too, Calypso! :)
I'm all for getting fit & finned, but the biggest thing for me has been confidence. I was kind of a closet mer for a long time, and finding the community has been amazing! Finding people I can share such a unique part of my life with has made me feel less awkward and unsure about myself than I ever have.

michellerobison
02-13-2012, 06:03 PM
^ We should start our own little losing weight program :lol: Got a name for it?? ;)

Maybe Aqua-system (instead of Nutrisystem)...
Mermaid-er-cise instead of exercise... if you "mermaid" you will loose some "size"!

Mermaid Saphira
02-13-2012, 06:09 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lyna
07-30-2012, 06:39 PM
mermaiding found me this group of people who share my love of mermaids. that's ...about it actually. i've always thought myself a mermaid...i've just never known anyone who shared my interest in it.
i'm hoping once i get down to texas where i can be in the water more often and for more months of the year, it'll help my tone and build some strength and be lighter impact on my knees (which both need replacing).

spottedcatfish
07-30-2012, 07:53 PM
but people might want to change their views,it's not an escape from reality, just a little holiday from the mundane and healthy in many ways....emotionally and physically.
Forget Jenny Craig and go mermaiding! :)

That's my plan too! I love swimming but it's soo boring doing laps in a pool. I plan to use mermaiding as a fun way to do that, and also connect with other people who are into mermaiding here too! I want to have fun and enjoy my life. I've always loved and wanted to be a mermaid for soo long. so this will fulfill all of my dreams and goals! I also want to get SCUBA Certified, and possibly try freediving... so I have a lot of goals that mermaiding is helping me to achieve!

MerAnthony
07-30-2012, 08:03 PM
To start it has made me loose weight that I wanted to do anyway an also it has taught me to be more myself and not be afraid to show who I am and what I am doing.You could say that it made me open up about myself an what I do.

Mermaid Fenicia
07-31-2012, 03:45 AM
For me mermaiding is mostly relaxing. As I gained wight from all of the things that made me nervous, relaxing takes it away again. Also as I'm disabled I can doe normal exercises, but I can swim mermaid-style as the movements come from my waist so I don't use my legs. Even the yoga-exercises that I do are adapted to my needs. :)

Mermaid Summer
07-31-2012, 02:17 PM
With my mermaid friends, I do not feel like I am judged.

Mermaid Cascada
07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Mermaidng... before I started swimming to get ready for my tail I had very severe asthma (I still do but not as bad) I was hospitalized six times in a matter of two months. I couldn't walk or run or climb up stairs or even talk for more than two minutes without having an asthma attack. The more I swim the less I get sick. I think it has strenghthened my breathing skills. So.... thankyou mermaiding!!!!!!!!

SilverSiren
07-31-2012, 04:11 PM
We love you too, Calypso! :)
I'm all for getting fit & finned, but the biggest thing for me has been confidence. I was kind of a closet mer for a long time, and finding the community has been amazing! Finding people I can share such a unique part of my life with has made me feel less awkward and unsure about myself than I ever have.

Yes! I love belonging to something that means something to me and has my whole life and knowing others are just like me. I can share my Mermaid obession with people who "get it".

SilverSiren
07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
So i know a lot of us have lost weight because of mermaiding and i have to say it's a wow : )
Even with losing weight and all i might not have gotten what i wanted but i did get a healthier body. There are other things mermaiding has done for everyone so post pictures or whatever u see fit to share with everyone.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/before_and_after_babeh.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/got_it.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/see-1.png

yes that 08 pic is me in highschool my junior year.. looooool

AMAGAD you look fantastic! Good job! Love the hair too, its very you, dark skin looks awesome with purple. My flat mate loves purple and he looks awesome in it too.

Mermaid Aurora
07-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Mermaiding has sparked a fire in me. I used to be very lazy and not really do anything but now i go out and work and earn money towards my tail. It's given me something to really care about and work towards.

Sea Specter
08-13-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm only 16, but I live with a family full of introverts, while I'm an extrovert.
Essentially at home I have to be normal and boring, but when I'm out with my friends mermaiding I feel like myself again <3
It's nice to know there are people like you out in the world, and it's okay to be yourself

Ashe
08-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Mermaiding has become a huge part of my life. It has helped me overcome my fear of large waves in the ocean, it has revealed my true passion for the sea and all of its creatures and it has taught me that I really shouldn't care what people think about me and to keep on dreaming. One of the biggest things that becoming a mermaid has done for me was show me who my true friends are. I told a girl who i thought would be my best friend about me and my tailmaking, but then she started making all these horrible rumors about me saying that ' I want to be a mermaid when I grow up' and calling me Mermaidgirl. Things started to get out of hand when people were constantly making fun of me and tying anything that has to do with mermaids to me. I asked her to stop and she turned many people against me. In the end the people who still supported me were my best friends that I've known for years. So, in a way, mermaiding has revealed my true friends and who I was born to be. :)

MermaidSaku
09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
I started this because i needed a realxed and water makes me feel loved and relaxed so i can understand how you feel lol

MermaidSaku
09-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Purple has always been a special color to me ^^ I used to have dreams of me with purple hair and so i started to have purple braids lol