PDA

View Full Version : Saving for a Tail and Pre-Professional Mermaiding?

MermaidSloane
06-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Hello!
I haven't been in this community in so long but I thought I'd come back because I am searching for a tail. I am 17 years old and I don't think I'll grow anymore, but silicone is so pricey and I don't think I can afford it at the moment. In the past, I thought about neoprene, but I do want something that looks more realistic. I am trying to contact a previous pool employer (I am a lifeguard) if I can do something like Mermaid Monday's at the pool for the kids there. I work now at a YMCA and once I am more involved and established in my job, I would like to ask about another mermaid program because of all of the kids we work with there as well.
I grew up watching the Little Mermaid and H2O and I really want to keep children's dreams alive as long as I can. Mermaids really are magical and even at 17, I am still amazed by how beautiful all of the mermaids are today and I really want to make a difference. If I can put on a tail and swim, I hope I can make a child smile while doing something that I love too.
Anyway, basically I'm asking what kind of tail I should get that would be good for kids (and realistic) and how I should approach asking my employer about mermaiding for the kids I lifeguard every day :)

Thank you!

KateyMermaid
06-13-2016, 12:59 PM
I highly recommend neoprene. It's not textured, but with the right paint job can look amazing. They are budget friendly, easy to deal with, lightweight and super durable. My first professional tail was neoprene from ShellTail Labs (sadly mermaid Shelly left the community). The paint job has worn out, but the construction of the tail is still solid. Even after heavy use.

Sent from my iPhone

MermaidSloane
06-14-2016, 07:17 AM
I highly recommend neoprene. It's not textured, but with the right paint job can look amazing. They are budget friendly, easy to deal with, lightweight and super durable. My first professional tail was neoprene from ShellTail Labs (sadly mermaid Shelly left the community). The paint job has worn out, but the construction of the tail is still solid. Even after heavy use.

Thank you so much for that advice! I really appreciate it

Mermaid Kassandra
06-14-2016, 07:23 AM
Hello!
I haven't been in this community in so long but I thought I'd come back because I am searching for a tail. I am 17 years old and I don't think I'll grow anymore, but silicone is so pricey and I don't think I can afford it at the moment. In the past, I thought about neoprene, but I do want something that looks more realistic. I am trying to contact a previous pool employer (I am a lifeguard) if I can do something like Mermaid Monday's at the pool for the kids there. I work now at a YMCA and once I am more involved and established in my job, I would like to ask about another mermaid program because of all of the kids we work with there as well.
I grew up watching the Little Mermaid and H2O and I really want to keep children's dreams alive as long as I can. Mermaids really are magical and even at 17, I am still amazed by how beautiful all of the mermaids are today and I really want to make a difference. If I can put on a tail and swim, I hope I can make a child smile while doing something that I love too.
Anyway, basically I'm asking what kind of tail I should get that would be good for kids (and realistic) and how I should approach asking my employer about mermaiding for the kids I lifeguard every day :)

Thank you!

I sent you a PM :)