PDA

View Full Version : Cruelty Free Waterproof Mascara and other makeup

Mermaid Chrissa
06-20-2016, 11:41 AM
I know there are probably a million topics on mascara already, but I haven't seen any addressing cruelty free makeup. I know there are at least a couple other vegans and vegetarians here, and probably others who just want to support companies that are nice to animals, so I thought I would start this discussion.

I use Pacifica Water Resistant Mascara (http://www.pacificabeauty.com/aquarian-gaze-water-resistant-long-lash-mineral-mascara?id=525) (100% Vegan and CrueltyFree)
They their mascara in 2 colors: abyss(black), and deep(dark blue).

I like to use deep over abyss because it is a really dark, subtle blue, which I think looks nice, especially as a mermaid. So far I haven't had any problems using it while swimming. But I think I do want to get some sort of crueltyfree eyelash/mascara primer to put on under it, in hopes of getting a big more eyelash length. This mascara does seem to take quite a bit of layering to get length without a primer, but I haven't noticed any issues with clumping or flaking.

Do any of you have cruelty free mascara (or other makeup) recommendations for mermaids?

Talia
06-20-2016, 01:02 PM
I would like to point out that any makeup that is made in the European Union has not been tested in animals, as EU regulations explicitly prohibit it.

Trade Winds
06-20-2016, 01:53 PM
I have not used Nyx mascara but their lipstick is GREAT in the water...they are cheap, vegan, and cruelty free. Another brand I have not tried but others are nuts over is Elf. I have a friend who swears by it and even got her pix of it in use featured on Elf's site from her obsession. No definite answers on mascara unfortunately

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?13313-vegan-cruelty-free-waterproof-makeup

I also have a vegan, cruelty free thread but it doesn't have much!

Trade Winds
06-20-2016, 02:05 PM
I wanna add, I was told to buy Elf online as everywhere you go items will be picked thru and stock limited. I found this out myself when I tried to find some at Target. Apparently Elf does not have testers in store either

Mermaid Chrissa
06-20-2016, 02:09 PM
I would like to point out that any makeup that is made in the European Union has not been tested in animals, as EU regulations explicitly prohibit it.

That's good to know! If only America would also pass a law like that!

Going along with that, anything that is also sold in China is required to be tested on animals, so is not cruelty free.

I have not used Nyx mascara but their lipstick is GREAT in the water...they are cheap, vegan, and cruelty free. Another brand I have not tried but others are nuts over is Elf. I have a friend who swears by it and even got her pix of it in use featured on Elf's site from her obsession. No definite answers on mascara unfortunately

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?13313-vegan-cruelty-free-waterproof-makeup

I also have a vegan, cruelty free thread but it doesn't have much!

Thanks for the info and the link to your thread. I'll take a look at that!
I like Elf for every day makeup, but it does seem to come off fairly quickly... at least for me. And the colors don't seem to pop as much? I dunno. But it is good and cheap. :D I haven't tried nyx

As I said for mascara I use Pacifica, but for lipstick I use Atomic Cosmetics (http://www.colorsthatgoboom.com/?product_cat=lipsticks). They have lots of amazing colors (a lot of burlesque performers use their makeup), and it stays on really nicely as long as you let it dry before like applying lipgloss or get it wet.

cwaz33xxNina
06-20-2016, 07:35 PM
I just found a good one that came with my ipsy subscription! It's called Fairy Lashes by Jellypongpong.

It's waterproof and doesn't smudge. Also Vegan friendly and not tested on animals.

I don't think you can get it at any retailer, you have to order online. I already tried looking for it everywhere.

Also I'm loving the 24/7 Urban Decay eye pencil. Cruelty free, stays on forever, and comes in every color you can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trade Winds
06-21-2016, 09:03 AM
I don't use make up except for mermaiding, so cheap and in-store avaibility are key for me. I did try Pixi by Ptera eyeliner once (at Target) and after I got home the damn thing broke on me. It was $12 for that waterproof eyeliner! It is the creme kind or whatever the correct term is. (Like i said I never use make up and just recently got into it so I have nooo clue about terms)

Lili
06-21-2016, 11:02 PM
You guys, too faced makes waterproof makeup and they are cruelty free, their better than sex mascara is one that will never come off, they even have a commercial for it with a mermaid [emoji14]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mermaid Kate Silverfin
06-22-2016, 04:29 AM
I also only use cruelty free makeup, and I love my Nyx and Too Faced products. This website has an awesome list of cruelty free and vegan brands:
http://phyrra.net/2016/05/welcome-new-readers-cruelty-free-beauty-list.html