PDA

View Full Version : Aquarius (from Fairy Tail) cosplay - HELP!

Mermaid Arabella
06-24-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm planning to do Aquarius from Fairy Tail and have a question to put forth. (I'm not getting much response on my cosplay page, so I thought I'd ask the other mercosplayers.) Should I stick with the simple diamonds that are canon for Aquarius, or go with a more realistic scale look?

Mermaid Cataleya
06-24-2016, 11:19 AM
I'd do a more realistic look personally. But if your trying to shoot for that more cartoon/anime look stick to the other. but me personally i like the more realistic look way because it makes you believe all your fav characters are real ya know?

Mermaid Lorelei
06-24-2016, 11:47 AM
I think it depends on whether or not the rest of your outfit will be realistic or cartoonish. The armor bits, the pot, your hair, etc. I'd try to match them up so everything feels cohesive.

And you could always do realistic diamonds. :3

Mermaid Arabella
06-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Well, I can get the realistic scales pre-printed (Spoonflower is having a sale on Sport Lycra right now and I found those scales) but I haven't yet found any blue diamond patterns, so I'd have to paint the black lines on myself. I think the realistic scales are really cool, but it's also a bit of a cop out ;)

Rivertee
06-25-2016, 12:03 AM
Go realistic playing from the cosplay and mermaid side it's been my experience that the small details like a change in scales, accessories, even hair style can make a HUGE impact.