PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Games

Mermaid Saphira
02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Just wanted to find some fun mermaid games. They could be dress up games, facebook, CD computer games, and everything inbetween! :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Hey Mermaid Aqua, there's already a bunch of roleplaying games (including some computer games) on this page for Mer RPGs http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1061-Mer-RPGs

Mermaid Saphira
02-05-2012, 05:48 PM
awww man! I didnt even know about that :(
Thanx!

malinghi
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I still don't know if I've ever seen a really good mermaid video game, but I don't really play very many of them.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure about good, but teennick.com does have a bunch of short flash games based on H2O: Just Add Water. Psychic Tideborn would probably want to mention Perfect World and its Tideborn race, able to turn into a mermaid/merman form. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/race/tideborn
I'm not sure if it counts, but there was an Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis game, but it got very bad reviews. In Primal, the character can turn into an Undine form, but she appears to be the only undine who retains legs (the gameplay in Primal is pretty awesome, though, and the water world level is beautiful, so I recommend it despite that). Project Altered Beast looks like a fun game and does have a "merman" form, but it is basically a creature-from-the-black-lagoon/piranha fish-man creature, and the game never came out in the U.S. (sadly... I really wanted to play it... in addition to the merman form, there's a garuda, a dragon, and various other were-and-mythical beast forms). The old SNES game Demon Crest features a flying demon who needs to collect six elemental crests that transform him, and the Water crest turns him into a waterbreathing creature from the black lagoon type gargoyle. There's a board game called Atlanteon that features two warring factions of merpeople/tritons, though the board itself is unimpressive. RetroMUD features a couple of marine species, including selkies, shark men, whale men, etc, but not actual merfolk. Merfolk are fairly common cards of Blue Magic in Magic: The Gathering.

Mermaid Saphira
02-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah I know about the H20 games, played everyone but they get old quickly :(

SweeteSiren
02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
The game Mermagica had at their WMA booth was kind of fun. Basically a race, but you were supposed to swim around and clean up trash to get bonus points. Did anyone else see it?

Mermaid Saphira
02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
^ I saw it but it never loads for me :( I really wanna play it but it says "Loading" alllll the time!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Supposedly there was going to be a mermaid mmorpg, but it never developed.
http://cpandfriends.com/?p=28

Also, fish-tailed, legless creatures known as Lamurians were supposed to be a playable race in the game Horizons/Istaria, but they lost funding several times and only managed to make the then-basic tolkien/d&d races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes), slightly less common fantasy races (Catpeople, Lizardmen, Half-Giants, Fiends) and their holy grail of fantasy games: Playable Dragons and decided that would be enough to keep people's attention (and they did have some interesting features like the ability to construct your own houses and drastically alter the landscape/world, and they proposed that other races would be released as the undead force was driven back, but sadly, they were competing with Everquest II (which also had cat people and lizard men) and World of Warcraft (which slipped into first place after Everquest II turned out to be disappointing at the time), so Istaria was only able to add Satyrs and Dryads (actually fairies, but dryad sounded cooler, I suppose). Istaria is still online, but I am the only one I know who has ever played it, and they haven't had any new races since 2003, leaving the lamurians to die out in ignominy.
http://www.ancientorder.org/Pics/lamurian-concept.jpg

Mermaid Saphira
02-07-2012, 10:23 PM
^ RPG's sounded cool, to bad I understand you are a gamer...but could ya maybe tone it down for those of us that arent all that into the gaming world! LOL :lol: