PDA

View Full Version : Some one on youtube is dissing on The Mertailor a bad review of her orange tail.

Hydro Aqualarin
06-26-2016, 11:15 PM
Mishap sorry

Mer-Crazy
06-26-2016, 11:37 PM
Mertailor has a history of being a very risky tail maker to go with, especially with silicone tails. Unless you're a high-profile client you have at LEAST a 50% chance of geting a shoddy tail. I think a big problem people have is that they're sometimes blinded by brand-loyalty (and I am guilty of this too, I admit it) and are unwilling to validate someone who had a bad experience because their own or others were good.

As you said: it pissed you off because she was saying bad things about Mertailor

However a quick search through the forum will reveal that these are not uncommon complaints among merfolk and she has every right to be upset if she spent thousands of dollars and got a sub-standard product. You shouldn't invalidate her issues just because other people are happy.

Would you mind sharing a link to the video? If I could watch it I'd be able to make some clearer points.

Princess Pearl
06-27-2016, 05:59 AM
I'm pretty sure this is Raina's review.

New York Mermaid
06-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Like Mer-Crazy said: whether it upsets you or not, people will review the tails they receive good or bad.. I mean its not meant to be rude or anything, but we should share our experiences and let future potential customers decide.

But an example: its like if you scrimped and saved up for 5 years and paid for your custom made design that you've always dreamed of, trusting this person to deliver and suddenly you get it and its falling apart or incorrectly made, things are happening that could be a danger to this person. Fabric tails are one thing, silicone tails are another, they are two different beasts that's for sure.

I know some people are sensitive about certain topics, but best look at the actual reviews before quickly chewing off someone for "dissing" your favorite tail maker. Please understand that we, as a forum do our best to support each other in every way, we share important information and warn others of things which happen with our own experiences. Everyone has ups and downs, but please take a moment and read the reviews below, they also have video and pictures as well.

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1227-Mertailor

SeaGlass Siren
06-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Pretty sure that is a really old review that raina did. Can you link the video?

MermaidCelesteFL
06-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Mertailor is also known for deleting negative comments about his service and products from his pages. That's why it's such a huge echo chamber of positive reviews. He has a tendency to attack anyone that gives him negative reviews as well.

AniaR
06-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Hey. What's good.

First of all, did you just join this forum to argue with anyone who had a bad mertailor experience?

Are you a kid? Honestly?

Why are you posting in the wrong place?

it was my review. it was true. My tail sucked, and gave me blood poisoning. It's all well documented. Lots of people have terrible experiences with mertailor. You can see it all here. It's also like 5 years olds.

I think this is a child on the forum, so I'm going to refrain here...

Mermaid Cataleya
06-27-2016, 10:29 AM
For anyone interested I believe this is the one I think they are talking about its bad ...,,, https://youtu.be/ugUh6eCpWD4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mermaid Lorelei
06-27-2016, 11:10 AM
I have moved this thread to the correct field. Please be careful to post new threads in the correct place.

PearlieMae
06-27-2016, 11:21 AM
His profile says he's 35, Raina.

Echidna
06-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Regardless, it does seem someone joined only to make posts about MT.

4 Forum Posts so far:

-MT tails are the best
-someone disses MT, that's horrible

and two one-liners ("nice tail" and "hi I'm new anyone knows where I can swim thx").

It's always strange when someone new jumps right into the tailmaker-drama issues, when this forum has a wealth of information one can easily get lost in for months without even touching any of the maker discussions.

AniaR
06-27-2016, 12:08 PM
Lots of people lie about their age, especially 11 year olds. lol

AniaR
06-27-2016, 12:11 PM
PS FOR ANYONE WHO DIDNT KNOW

Eric actually 100% admitted his wrongdoing, there was a now deleted blog post about it. He apologized to me like a year later and offered to make me a replacement tail. But, when I publicly took issues with mermaid melissa, he decided he could no longer make me a tail to replace the shitty one, and reverted back to harassing me and trying to make people think I made the whole thing up. I'm fairly sure it's documented around here somewhere. but yeah on the record, he ADMITTED he F*ed up

Hydro Aqualarin
06-27-2016, 06:36 PM
AniaR you just made it looked like you wanted to mess up Eric's career to me. By saying all those bad things about him like he takes advantage of people to the world online Youtube. I apologies to you for making it seem like you were just complaining over and over about your tail. It was just the way you put it on Youtube for the world to see your messed up tail and then post up a review like that can ruin his career and for those that got great silicone tails from him to question if they ever want to do business wis him ever again. Take care and im so sorry for the mishap of your tail. If he was or still the way he is then why will he be on the Mernetwork on mer tails to buy.

AniaR
06-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Truth hurts.

he was banned from mernetwork, for consistently trying to hack it and harass people. lol

You realize his shitty stuff and bad reviews are allllll over here, right? lol you can literally see it all first hand for yourself.

People should question, since a huge amount get shitty products

LouLouBelle
06-27-2016, 07:16 PM
This is going to sound harsh, but it's true...

If someone produces a product like that and then refuses to put it right, they deserve to have their career ruined. They also have nobody to blame but themselves - they've thrown away their own career by not doing their job properly.

Potential clients deserve to know if someone is producing shoddy work.

If you want only good reviews, then only produce good work. If something goes wrong with a tail you've made, then fix it. That's the tail maker's responsibility. They earn their reputation - be it good or bad. You can't blame the client for the tail maker's mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princess Pearl
06-27-2016, 07:35 PM
If he was or still the way he is then why will he be on the Mernetwork on mer tails to buy.

As I understand it, he does just enough to keep from getting blacklisted. Unlike blacklisted companies that take payment and refuse to provide either tails or refunds, he does provide tails. They are not necessarily good tails, but if you give him money you will get something in return. The rubber tails he makes now are no longer made from the same materials he used for Raina's tail (he does use silicone instead of Alex Plus, which is a weird silicone/latex blend used for bathroom caulking) but the fit is still hit or miss, and the workmanship is poor. As for the fabric tails he sells, they are fairly standard and whether you like them or not is a matter of opinion.

AniaR
06-27-2016, 09:27 PM
and let's be honest, we never know really when he uses real silicone or tincure....

UtahMermaidPearl
06-27-2016, 09:28 PM
That's very true. We could always ask Matt. Who know what he'll say though.

KateyMermaid
06-28-2016, 08:16 AM
AniaR you just made it looked like you wanted to mess up Eric's career to me. By saying all those bad things about him like he takes advantage of people to the world online Youtube. I apologies to you for making it seem like you were just complaining over and over about your tail. It was just the way you put it on Youtube for the world to see your messed up tail and then post up a review like that can ruin his career and for those that got great silicone tails from him to question if they ever want to do business wis him ever again. Take care and im so sorry for the mishap of your tail. If he was or still the way he is then why will he be on the Mernetwork on mer tails to buy.

1) please use grammar. You sound like a 10 year old defending their favorite celebrity.

2) Hi. Former mertailor mermaid here. had a silicone tail of his. It arrived with a hole in the fluke where the monofin was ripping through. the seams ripped, and oh, when I sold it to another mermaid? the seams full-on FAILED and the tail came apart. NO it wasn't her measurements. In addition, his seams are sloppy and rough. I have a damaged nerve in my hip from his hard seams. His silicone DOES NOT STRETCH. Which makes me think it was NOT DragonSkin as advertised but some other silicone (I know he has used silicone for moulding-can't think of the brand name- in the past). The special "monofin" was homemade and not sufficient for the tail. Basically the whole tail was a mess. I didn't even realize how shoddy it was until I received a quality tail from someone else.

Does Eric make pretty tails? yes. Does he make them for high-profile clients? yes. Is he capable of making nice tails? certainly.
However, it seems more often than not, he makes shoddy products and is focused on profit, not quality.

AniaR
06-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Even the high profile clients people dont realize the tails are photoshopped to death. when you see the behind the scenes photos it's a whole other story

Hydro Aqualarin
06-28-2016, 04:06 PM
I looked up on here and on other sites on reviews on Mertailor you were so right there are lots of bad reviews on his tails the Latex ones and silicone ones. But there were reviews I saw that were great and the tails looked awesome. People were so happy about there tails. So it seemed 50% 50% But to the ones that were great it seems he is trying to change his ways and make better tails and respond to people more faster. Sorry for saying you were going off over and over about your tail I saw your youtube vid 3 times and hell ya your tail was so shoddy. I only got a Eco tail from him a fabric one. I love mine it looks some what real for a fabric. Take care AniaR hope we can become Merfolk friends.

PearlieMae
06-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Well said, Hydro.

AniaR
06-28-2016, 05:17 PM
<3

Hydro Aqualarin
06-28-2016, 09:38 PM
what does <3 mean. AniaR

AniaR
06-28-2016, 09:42 PM
lol. it's a heart

Hydro Aqualarin
06-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Cool AniaR so im glad we are cool now. I cant send you private message I want to be friends with you if you want You seem like a mermaid that knows her stuff. You have tons of post and been here on Mernetwork for a wile.

PearlieMae
06-29-2016, 08:24 PM
You should pick up her books.

SIF
07-29-2017, 10:00 AM
Hydro, I'm glad you searched around. This was going to be my response...

"Hydro,
I've already been on the recieving end of the heat that you have brought onto Raina in this thread, so I'm going to stop you and say that while she may have posted an extremely detailed video on Youtube reviewing a product she got that was extremely sub-par, her intent was merely to be heard by the tailmaker who was ignoring all negative feedback. When I encountered this issue, I spent almost a year attempting to get the tailmaker to contact me back, through text and calls and facebooks(private and business) and even messaged on MerNetwork before I made a loud public post here in the forums, which got me a response within 24 hours. It's similar to how a bully situation is handled, wherein if personal please for a stop don't work, you ask an adult or outsider to the situation for help. Raina knew that posting a bad, detailed review publicly would light a fire under Eric's bum and make him at least acknowledge the situation, if not remedy it. They since have mostly quelled the issue though.

It's a bit of a wild-card when you order from Mertailor. There have been issues with improper fins, like i had in my fop-tail, things not being sealed properly and separating, Paint scraping off in the shipping, Tails being painted and then re-painted incorrectly, Tails arriving painted incorrectly, Tails arriving many sizes too small or too large, and more. Your use of the word "mishap" may be incorrect. If a "quality product" provider(as the mertailor website and facebook boast) ships anything sub-par, that is entirely on them for not upholding quality standards in their business of quality standards.

That said, in answer to your question of why he is still on here under tailmakers and in mer-tails to buy, because he has also made product that people have appreciated the quality of and lasted a long time.

I hope this was helpful to your seeing the lack of flaw in Raina's actions, in posting the video and review specifically."