PDA

View Full Version : I really think The Mertailor Eco tails are the best looking tails for fabric tails.

Hydro Aqualarin
06-26-2016, 11:43 PM
I've looked up a lot of merman fabric tails to get online and I have to say that the Mertailor Eco ones are the best to me. The reasons why are because of the monofin being close off not open like I've seen on other fabric tail makers. Why would anyone like to have a big slit at the end of there Fabric tail showing off the bottom of the monofin area. Wont you want to have your fabric tail look as real as possible. You don't want people seeing a black or clear monofin slit at the bottom of your tail. The Mertailor is great on that part and the tail fin is shut no big slit I love it. The other reason I like the fabric Eco tails are the scale patterns are more real looking than other brands of mer tails. A 3D look from Mertailor. I say all this because I got a Caribbean blue Eco tail and I love mine so much it looks great on me and looks some what real for a fabric one some day I will get a silicone one form Mertailor. Peace out my fellow merfolk.

Mer-Crazy
06-27-2016, 12:03 AM
I've looked up a lot of merman fabric tails to get online and I have to say that the Mertailor Eco ones are the best to me. The reasons why are because of the monofin being close off not open like I've seen on other fabric tail makers. Why would anyone like to have a big slit at the end of there Fabric tail showing off the bottom of the monofin area. Wont you want to have your fabric tail look as real as possible. You don't want people seeing a black or clear monofin slit at the bottom of your tail. The Mertailor is great on that part and the tail fin is shut no big slit I love it. The other reason I like the fabric Eco tails are the scale patterns are more real looking than other brands of mer tails. A 3D look from Mertailor. I say all this because I got a Caribbean blue Eco tail and I love mine so much it looks great on me and looks some what real for a fabric one some day I will get a silicone one form Mertailor. Peace out my fellow merfolk.

Mostly people leave the ends open for safety reasons. It makes getting out of the tail easier which is crucial when you have children using them, which is the target demographic for fabric tails. It also makes the removal of the monofin for cleaning, repairs or replacement easier. Since with the Mertailor one you'd have to unstitch the bottom to replace it or squeeze it through the ankle section of the tail skin if anything happened to it. I got a tail from the 2 tails and the first thing I did was unpick the bottom. Plus the slit can easily be remedied with some Velcro if it bothers you that much :)

Dancing Fish
06-27-2016, 08:41 AM
I really love the really realistic prints with the fins, though the maker's name escapes me (Delphina, maybe?). I'll always have a soft spot for Fin Fun because they were our family's first tails but when I saw those new prints at MerMania I was really blown away! I love that there are so many options to choose from, and Spoonflower now has some really gorgeous scale pattern spandex too if you make your own. It's a great time to be a mermaid... :)

And yeah, the open slit is for walking, and removing the fin. The kids I swim with never commented on it. And the easy removal is great if you're like us--we made a bunch of skins and just keep swapping out the one monofin.

Acqua Luna
06-27-2016, 08:42 AM
Owning an Eco tail from Mertailor for the last year I'm forced to disagree with you here. My tail balloons horribly if the fin gets out of the water, like when diving from the surface. The straps on the ankles come lose after 3 kicks, yes I've counted and tested this theory. It became so bad I had to take the my tail off and search for part of the strap that came off. That was a half an hour of futile frustration.

With the fabric being in two pieces, I've had the straps come lose and had to doggy paddle (very ungracefully) to the edge of the pool to get the tail off. When my straps came off the fin just kind of dragged at the fabric and now the seams are super noticeable around my ankles. I've had this happen every time I've gone out in my tail.

I've lusted after his tails for three years and when I finally saved enough for just a basic fabric (because responsibilities) I was estatic to own one. I'm currently in the process of trying to figure out how to redesign it so it is swimmable. I hate that my hard saved money (albeit $150) went to a tail I'm not excited to get into and that I am having to pour money into it just to make it useable.

Mer-Crazy
06-27-2016, 08:52 AM
If the monofin is the problem perhaps replace it with one of a similar shape like the Finis Aquarius? Acqua Luna? (Love the name by the way <3)

Acqua Luna
06-27-2016, 09:18 AM
Thank you ☺️

I'm trying to figure out if I should just open up the bottom and replace with my wave (add fabric to cover)? Maybe this will take the stress off of the ankle seam? Add ankle fins to distract from the ankle seam. I have a sinking feeling I will have to do a paint job on the entire tail.

AniaR
06-27-2016, 09:49 AM
This doesn't go in the "about the forum" section. it seems like you'r ejust randomly posting about mertailor

Mermaid Lorelei
06-27-2016, 11:12 AM
This thread has been moved to the correct field. Please be careful to post in correct section next time.

Merman Andrew
06-29-2016, 03:02 AM
I have a couple of FinFun tails and the slit at the bottom is not noticable and it still looks very real. You can't see the monofin at all because the fabric seam is actually higher up then where the monofin is. Even when swimming in it you can't notice the slit. When the tail is wet the fabric tends to cling together somewhat. As others have said having the slit reduces the drag enormously and I've never had a bubble in my tail. Being able to remove the monofin easily is also very handy because firstly I can take it out to wash the tail or make repairs, and also I have a few skins that fit the same monofin so it's very easy to take my monofin out and put it into a different tail without having to have seperate monofins for each. And it hasnt happened yet but FinFun do sell replacement monofin inserts if the insert does break. So even though it may seem a disadvantage to you at first there are a lot of plusses in the fin fun design.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160629/e9083b2105cbf2f1c3181d97dbccc69c.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160629/3428a712879689e5dbbb6ef9f9ada60f.jpg

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

AniaR
02-22-2017, 11:30 AM
I just got myself a mertailor eco-tail. He has whaleshark ones. So I decided to get one to try. here's the unboxing video, i was really impressed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O37vcLDXxY

Mermaid Wesley
02-22-2017, 11:39 AM
I just got myself a mertailor eco-tail. He has whaleshark ones. So I decided to get one to try. here's the unboxing video, i was really impressed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O37vcLDXxY
Glad to hear it! It looks nice! I am a fan of whale sharks :)

mollythemermaid
12-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Hey Ya'll! I know Im a little late adding to this discussion but wanted to share my recent Mertailor Ecotail review. I would love to hear some feedback if you agree with my points. Thanks in advance!

Also, for those interested in purchasing I have a 10% discount code you can use.

Mertailor Ecotail Review (http://www.everythingmermaid.com/mertailor-ecotail-review/)

BlueCorvidae
12-21-2017, 09:29 AM
I can't say I'm a fan of that fluke shape. It looks like a weird mustache.

Rett
12-21-2017, 12:29 PM
I agree, haha. The prints actually look fairly nice, but I cant stand that monofin shape

mollythemermaid
12-22-2017, 10:31 AM

LOL! It's definitely different. I have heard good things about the new fantasy fin. Have you?

mermaidenspins
04-14-2018, 02:03 PM
That’s whag I did! I slit the bottom of my Eco Tail open and use my Mahina under it. It loks so good! The fabric still covers most of the fin while swimming. I plan on adding some thin elastic loops to the edge of fabric, it will secure it more to the bottom of the fin. I also live where the water is cold. I wear the leggings under the tail to help insulate my legs. When I get out, I take off fin/tail,and have leggings plus matching bikini top on. Looks great, dries quickly!