PDA

View Full Version : Finis Wave in a Finfun?

A_Koi_Mermaid
07-04-2016, 02:37 PM
So I know there's an obvious shape problem...but I am thinking of ordering a clownfish finfun tailskin (if they ever restock it) but I want to keep using my finis wave...Does anyone have a wave or a rapid and a finfun so I could see if they would even fit inside? I could add extensions for the shape I think...Help or opinions appreciated!

Mermaid Jaffa
07-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Its not going to fit unless you cut the monofin to the shape.

A_Koi_Mermaid
07-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Do you have a finfun and a wave? I was hoping someone could post a photo of them together for comparisons. I really don't wanna cut mine...Also, do you have a suntail monofin Jaffa? I have heard those fit and they're supposed to be nice but I don't know how they compare to the wave.

Mermaid Jaffa
07-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Do you have a finfun and a wave? I was hoping someone could post a photo of them together for comparisons. I really don't wanna cut mine...Also, do you have a suntail monofin Jaffa? I have heard those fit and they're supposed to be nice but I don't know how they compare to the wave.

I do have a Fin Fun and a Wave. I made the mistake of cutting the Wave to fit inside the Fin Fun, and its lost a lot of propulsion.
I have a Sun Tail too, it fits inside a Fin Fun tail skin but you'll have parts of the monofin sticking out and wider ankles.

The Fin Funs are quite narrow and skinny compared to a Sun Tail, in the fluke, ankles and tail body. Overall, I find the Sun Tail skins have a much nicer fit. I don't like my tails too tight, prefer them to be a bit loose but not baggy.

A_Koi_Mermaid
07-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Yeah I really prefer larger flukes so I don't wanna cut my wave. Plus I had heard the loss of propulsion thing. I dunno what I'm gonna do about it then.

A_Koi_Mermaid
07-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Just watched you Suntail review Jaffa, it sounds like it's not better than just ordering the finfun monofin. :/ I may just order the tail skin for now and order the monofin pro later when I get the extra $.

Mermaid Jaffa
07-07-2016, 05:33 AM
Just watched you Suntail review Jaffa, it sounds like it's not better than just ordering the finfun monofin. :/ I may just order the tail skin for now and order the monofin pro later when I get the extra $.

The Sun Tail monofin is a lot bigger in size than the Fin Fun Pro. Its nearly the same width and size as a Mahina Merfin. I have the old Fin Fun Pro, the clear one, and I found it very very soft, it bends at my toes and would make me paranoid it would break because it flexed so much. For me, the Sun Tail has about the same speed and propulsion as a Finis Foil.