PDA

View Full Version : Filling Pools/Tanks at Events?

Mermaid Rose
07-10-2016, 02:06 PM
I'm currently trying to work out the logistics of filling a pool at an event I'm planning to attend every weekend. I plan on bringing a 264 gallon inflatable pool and filling it up about halfway. I have no idea how I'll be able to actually fill it though. The nearest water source would be the bathrooms, which are about 40-50 yards away from where I'll be set up. I'm also not sure if I'd be able to use that water.

If I'm bringing it with me to the event, I can't have it in the pool itself, and I don't know what I'd put it in during transportation. It would be approximately 1000lbs/454kg of water, and although I'd be physically capable of transporting it (I have a minivan), I don't know how I'd actually put it in a container.

I've already searched through the threads on filling tanks, but I haven't found anything this specific, so, how do you all fill your tanks/pools at events like these?

Aquos Savar
07-10-2016, 03:47 PM
A friend of mine always brings a 50 meter hose, so maybe that can work for you?

AniaR
07-10-2016, 04:36 PM
you need to find out the bylaws of the area where you're taking it. they often have laws restricting water use, and dumping the water when you're done. A fire pump (connects to a fire hydrant) with city permission for use is typically the quickest way to fill. Tanks can take up to 4-5 hours to fill with a hose otherwise.

Mermaid Rose
07-10-2016, 07:55 PM
you need to find out the bylaws of the area where you're taking it. they often have laws restricting water use, and dumping the water when you're done. A fire pump (connects to a fire hydrant) with city permission for use is typically the quickest way to fill. Tanks can take up to 4-5 hours to fill with a hose otherwise.

Oh, thanks, Raina! I did know about the laws for dumping water, but I didn't think about filling from a fire hydrant. I'll inquire about that, thank you again.

Sea_Angel_Rusalka
07-10-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm at a festival and because of the drought in our area, I'm not filling the pool I'm taking. I have a five foot kiddie pool and I'm getting pool toys and ball pit balls instead so I'm not wasting any here. Rain has been very minimal this summer. People will be welcome to water the mermaid, but this way, I'm not hurting the environment. If it's windy, I'll have just the pool and ball pit balls and a chair so my fin can flop in it. Kids ask how I got there without water ("Well, don't be shelly, I have fairy friends that can fly me here!") or why I can be out of water ("Oh, I can! I just can't dry out or I get reel-y bad sunburns!") but I'm happier about a bunch of things (Though buoy, do I prefer swimming in a pool)

Mermaid Rose
07-11-2016, 11:42 AM
I'm at a festival and because of the drought in our area, I'm not filling the pool I'm taking. I have a five foot kiddie pool and I'm getting pool toys and ball pit balls instead so I'm not wasting any here. Rain has been very minimal this summer. People will be welcome to water the mermaid, but this way, I'm not hurting the environment. If it's windy, I'll have just the pool and ball pit balls and a chair so my fin can flop in it. Kids ask how I got there without water ("Well, don't be shelly, I have fairy friends that can fly me here!") or why I can be out of water ("Oh, I can! I just can't dry out or I get reel-y bad sunburns!") but I'm happier about a bunch of things (Though buoy, do I prefer swimming in a pool)

Hmm, that could work too! I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

PearlieMae
07-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Oooh! A kiddie pool full of blue and green balls could look awesome! Just make sure people don't abscond with them!

AniaR
07-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Abscond. :lol:

PearlieMae
07-11-2016, 04:53 PM
It's a word!

Merman Storm
07-11-2016, 07:49 PM
There are tanks:

http://www.plastic-mart.com/category/417/re-bottled-ibc-totes

You would also need a pump and a hose for transferring the water back and forth, so this is an expensive option. But if you pump the water back to your tank when done, you don't have to worry about wasting water if you are in a drought area, or issues with dumping water.

Princess Pearl
07-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Oooh! A kiddie pool full of blue and green balls could look awesome! Just make sure people don't abscond with them!
I actually did a photo shoot like that!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160712/d642899f05519fa61a74e4ae7cff9195.jpg

MermaidBonnie
07-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Cute!!! ❤️����

KateyMermaid
07-21-2016, 10:43 PM
That is such a cute idea!! Who wouldn't love to play in a mermaid ball-pit!