PDA

View Full Version : MerNetwork Challenges

malinghi
02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
So, I haven't posted a challenge in months cause I didn't think there was much interest and I felt bad when I would forget to open or close the polls on time, but if you guys want me to I can start posting them again. Thoughts?

Mermaid Sirena
02-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I vote yes. That is all ^_^

LindseyLu
02-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Yes! Maybe instead of making them monthly, you could do quarterly challenges?

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-07-2012, 04:25 PM
What challenges have you already done? That might give us some idea of what ones to do next.

malinghi
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes! Maybe instead of making them monthly, you could do quarterly challenges?

I'd prefer not to give them a strict schedule. I imagine they will be more often than quarterly but less often than monthly.

What challenges have you already done? That might give us some idea of what ones to do next.

MerNetwork Challenges was a sort of game we used to do, though we haven't done it recently, in which everyone would be given a theme to make an image or video or other creative item with. Some of the previous challenge topics were Landlocked Mermaid (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?278-FIRST-MERNETWORK-CHALLENGE-LANDLOCKED-MERMAID) and The Last Hurrah of Summer (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?615-SEPTEMBER-MERNETWORK-CHALLENGE-THE-LAST-HURRAH-OF-SUMMER). Everyone is invited to make something, and everyone votes on their favorite. In the past the winning entry was posted on the front page, but I'm going to be making some changes to the front page to put more useful info, like links and RSS feeds and a donate button, so I don't think the winning entry will go on the front page anymore.

I think I'll announce the next challenge within a week.

Gem Stone
02-07-2012, 05:59 PM
I think I'll announce the next challenge within a week.

Oh please do!

happyguava
02-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, I've missed the challenges!

Mermaid Saphira
02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Please, please, please, please pllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaassss Do ^_^

mermaid.dreamer
02-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes please!!!

AniaR
02-07-2012, 09:04 PM
yes, but Id make the poll have an expiration and make sure we all know the end date for submitting something to the challenge, and the polls dont start til that date ;)

-Annwyn-
02-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I vote yes!

koiboi
02-08-2012, 02:16 AM
i vote an emphatic "YES PLEASE!"

Aradia
02-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I can't wait to get into the challenges :D

Spindrift
02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Relevant? http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1132-Challenge-Ideas

Gem Stone
02-28-2013, 06:15 PM
can anyone make a mernetwork challenge? or does it have to be an administrator?

Spindrift
02-28-2013, 11:26 PM
I mean we could do a challenge on our own and ask the admins to post the results, sure. It's not like we have to answer to them. :) Check out my thread on challenge ideas: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1132-Challenge-Ideas (from the post above yours).

Winged Mermaid
03-01-2013, 12:54 AM
I kind of felt like the Challenges died becuase we became wrapped up in making them so broad so everyone could be involved. People who don't have tails, who don't have a place to swim, who don't swim, who are in the opposite season/other side of the world.. it just kept going and going until.. and I kind of feel like it sapped the fun out of it becuase it couldn't be too specific at times. Not all the time though! Maybe we could have a few big ones a few times a year that can be all inclusive to everyone, and have some mini challenges that can get more specific? Or Spindrift's idea of just having our own on the side. I'm just thinking out loud here :)

Elle
03-01-2013, 04:07 AM
you can always try for middle of the seasons. cos obviously it goes summer/winter, autumn/spring and then winter/summer, spring/autumn (everybody following so far?)
if you aim for those autumn/spring and spring/autumn times it will work for everyone across the board, I can't help with the swimming and non-swimming tho :)

Mermaid Hamant
03-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I've also missed the challenges. I vote for bringing them back!

Mer_Adella
03-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Why can't we do something along the art side of challanges? some draw pictures, some take pictures, some digitally create pictures? every is artistic in their own way of some sort so why can't we do something along the side of (for example):
what mermaiding means to you? and then people could create where ever their talents take them. some could paint a picture, some could draw, or even some could take an actual picture. Then you could have multiple winners something like a) peoples choice of best drawing b) peoples choice of favorite overall c) peoples best pic of creativeness...that way there's more than one winner and everyone can submit something?

I haven't been in a challange and would love to be in one

SeaGlass Siren
03-01-2013, 10:00 AM
i also vote for something alongside art. maybe singing challenges? abstract paintings? a dance routine?

Mermaid Momo
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
I think that every challenge doesn't have to be so broad to try an include everyone. If someone can't do it, then there will always be the next challenge of the next, and there will eventually be a challenge that the person can participate In.

Mermaid Dottie
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Yesyesyesyes!