PDA

View Full Version : I feel dried up...

embry
02-09-2012, 12:18 AM
so I thought i would just start a threat to talk and get to know everyone.. i don't know much about you.. but I live in the Canadian prairies and you know what sucks .. barely any good water to swim in :( i feel like a dried up sardine! i normally go to the pool but sometimes the wild earth lakes are so much more fun to swim in!

do you guys have the same feelings?

Embry...

Princess Kae-Leah
02-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Welcome Embry! *Mer-hugs*

Well, honestly, I know it's not exactly the same situation, but sometimes I've wondered if I have any right to call myself a mermaid at all, since I can't swim at all due to complex health problems. I mean, who ever heard of a mermaid who couldn't swim?

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Hey Embry, I don't live that far from the beach (I just have to travel through New Jersey, Delaware, or Maryland to get there) but I do live in a landlocked state and I haven't yet made/ordered a tail with which to swim. I am fortunate enough to have a gym with a couple indoor pools that I can use, but I have fond memories of lake swimming as a kid, and being in a natural setting like that is a lot of fun (and a great photo opportunity).

SweeteSiren
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Kae-Leah, I flipped through a book once about a mermaid who not only couldn't swim, but was afraid of water. I'll see if I can find the title.

Mermaid Saphira
02-09-2012, 07:57 PM
I feel landlocked as well, mostly in the fall-winter months...I really makes me depressed not being able to swim around happily :(

embry
02-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Kae-Leah - just think of it as you being you! we all can't be the same! becuase i only like swimming in lakes with no weeds.. eeeww weeds gross me out all slimy and gross! hehe

i really live a province (state for you americans :p) away which is a 9 to 11 hour drive to the ocean! i get there as much as i can :P and when i do.. i never get out of the water! oh boy i can't wait to buy a tail ... the joys of life :D

michellerobison
02-10-2012, 08:03 AM
We have a 1/2 acre pond on our property,I used to swim in until I found a snapping turtle in it. We get them quite a bit living near the woods and a creek...so no smimming in the pond for me... bummer too,I liked swimming with my koi... I have over a dozen 3 ft koi,I've had for over 13 years.

When I lived in Florida,we had a pool so I could do swimming any time,I miss it...

Mermaid Saphira
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM
^ Thats sounds so cool swimming with koi! I fyou still could swim with them, do u think they would follow u if u had a koi tail? :) To bad theres a snapping turtle inhabitating it :(

Amphitrite
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Turtle soup? :p

I don't know how to do anything but swim straight forward if I'm underwater and not holding my nose closed. >.>

embry
02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
swimming with koi would be sweet!
and i just noticed how i put threat instead of thread lmao :P

Amethyst
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
I live in the UK, Cheshire, which is mainly fields and farmland, which is nice, as I love the greenery but I'd love to be by the sea! :( I go to the local pool once a week but it can't really compare to swimming in the sea :) I wish the UK seas were like that of Spain etc beautiful clear waters with lots of beautiful fish to swim with! :)

WaveMaker04
03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
I live in Arkansas -__- I know the feeling.

Prince Calypso
03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
so I thought i would just start a threat to talk and get to know everyone.. i don't know much about you.. but I live in the Canadian prairies and you know what sucks .. barely any good water to swim in :( i feel like a dried up sardine! i normally go to the pool but sometimes the wild earth lakes are so much more fun to swim in!

do you guys have the same feelings?

Embry...

*slings arm around your shoulder* welcome to the mer world dude.

i know how you feel i live in bumfuck Bakersfield California, the nearest beach is miles and miles away and we really one have one rive which is way too dangerous to swim in. i spend most of my tail time in the tub lol
i don't even go the one pool in town
One because i already get crap for being queerer than a two dollar bill and two i don't want to have to slap nobody with my fin.
so we're in the same boat

Aquatarian
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
You are not alone. I live in Colorado... Colorado.

I only get to swim in chlorinated pools for half the year. And even then, about 80% of the time, they are filled with small screaming children. I totally feel your pain, and murky cold lake water doesn't do the same for me that ocean water does. :/

Lyna
07-30-2012, 06:04 PM
i feel the same way...i am SURROUNDED by water. waterfalls, lake ontario, and 2 major rivers....but it's frozen over half the year and far to cold another 1/4 of it.