PDA

View Full Version : Florida Mers!

Mermaid Alaria
08-16-2016, 04:30 PM
I am so stoked that I will unexpectedly be visiting Florida in a few weeks! (the 9-14 of September to be exact.) I am bringing my tail, and I need to know 2 things:

1. WHERE do I go to catch the best swim experiences and avoid unwanted wildlife contact (gators!)

2. DO YOU want to come too?? I'd love to meet up for some fun swimming. I've been living in the western desert of the US for the past eight years and I really want the clear, beautiful, natural water experience SO badly. And I'd love to play with some mernetwork friends!

Non-floridians reading this, tag anyone who you know is in the area so they at least see this before my trip?

:cool:

Mermaid Alaria

Marlin
08-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Depends on where you want to go, Florida can be a big state. What part are you going to be visiting?

As far as general advice, most freshwater springs are AWESOME swimming holes for mers.

Mermaid Alaria
08-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Depends on where you want to go, Florida can be a big state. What part are you going to be visiting?

As far as general advice, most freshwater springs are AWESOME swimming holes for mers.

I'm visiting friends in Orlando. I'm planning on going over near Clearwater to see Winter and Hope at some point and I'm thinking of going to the Alexander Springs? Maybe Weeki Wachee to visit the historical show... I also want to visit a protected type beach (very low currents) and I really would like to hook up with some swim buddies for that. I'm staying with non-mer friends, and I never swim alone...

Marlin
08-17-2016, 09:22 AM
I know Celeste is in the Orlando area, along with a bunch of others. Alexander is one of the local favorites, and a great place to swim.

Merman Dan
08-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Wekiwa was very clear and refreshing on my last visit. :)
https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Wekiwa-Springs