PDA

View Full Version : So annoyed!!

Eszti
02-11-2012, 03:25 AM
I can't figure out were to start in tail making. I feel like a fish out of water :( What do I need, where do I go? Like what is the number one step?

*hids in conner*

I just want to swim like a mermaid.

Mermaid Lorelei
02-11-2012, 03:33 AM
I suggest starting with what kind of tail you want. Fabric, latex, or silicone is a good jumping point. Everything else sort of falls into place after that.

-Annwyn-
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Get a monofin first and build from there :)

Mermaid Saphira
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
First and foremost, get a monofin. Next, create a design and decide if you would like a latex, silicone or a fabric tail (I reccomend a fabric tail for someone who has just started mermaid-ing). :) :) :)

Eszti
02-12-2012, 08:49 PM
How do I measure for the fabric?

taom
02-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Figure out the length of your tail (length of your legs plus length of your fluke) then double it. If the fabric you are buying is, like, six feet in width then you don't have to double. Be sure to add a few inches to the length to account for seams.

Mermaid Saphira
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
This video may help you...
(PS: LittleOrca if you want me to take this down just say so!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XARgUycggk

Maple
02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Figure out the length of your tail (length of your legs plus length of your fluke) then double it. If the fabric you are buying is, like, six feet in width then you don't have to double. Be sure to add a few inches to the length to account for seams.

Not at all! Remember that fabric is sold folded in half already. I doubt anyone is too wide to have that half not fit around them especially if that fabric is spandex; all you need to do is measure the length of your legs and fluke, and then buy roughly that amount. I always like to tack on a bit extra in case I make a mistake or I want to make a matching top. And get some lining so you can't see your swimsuit bottom through the tail. :)