PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Pool Preserve near Austin

Mermaid_Katyah
08-29-2016, 07:00 PM
Has any Mers visited this lately? I'd love to organize a shoot there next year.

http://i63.tinypic.com/r2orrr.png

merwandering
08-29-2016, 07:32 PM
I used to go often- and it's where my husband proposed to me many years ago:) I love it
Sometimes they close it for different reasons- from bacterial count when the water is low, to fragility when the water is high... so check the website before you go out. Also since Austin is growing so fast, sometimes they are taking people only by reservation? I guess it was getting too crowded? Which is so crazy, because it used to be such a quiet little hidden spot. So with that in mind, if you were wanting to do a shoot, I would do it the VERY first second they open, before they get crowded, and maybe on a cloudy cool day when less people are swimming

Mermaid_Katyah
08-29-2016, 09:43 PM
I used to go often- and it's where my husband proposed to me many years ago:) I love it
Sometimes they close it for different reasons- from bacterial count when the water is low, to fragility when the water is high... so check the website before you go out. Also since Austin is growing so fast, sometimes they are taking people only by reservation? I guess it was getting too crowded? Which is so crazy, because it used to be such a quiet little hidden spot. So with that in mind, if you were wanting to do a shoot, I would do it the VERY first second they open, before they get crowded, and maybe on a cloudy cool day when less people are swimming

Thanks for the heads up! I'll def keep an eye on the weather and the site once things are set to go. That's a ashame their not letting many people in to swim, but good on them for keeping the ecosystem in check. :)

polyhymnia113
08-31-2016, 05:07 PM
I'd be up for a swim meetup at Hamilton Pool if they'll let us swim.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mermaid_Katyah
09-10-2016, 01:40 PM
I'd be up for a swim meetup at Hamilton Pool if they'll let us swim.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using TapatalkFantastic! This is more or less a future thing, but I'll keep looking on the site for open swim options soon.