PDA

View Full Version : Amazing extended tail

Merman Ordep
09-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Hello Y'all
I found this video and I wanted to share it with you guys! This tail is amazing!
In the title she says it's an original H2o tail but I highly doubt it. The tail looks awesome but it's not exactly like the H2o Tails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpmxgUMUtr4
What do y'all think?

Fifi Tigg
09-08-2016, 07:53 PM
It's an ex-H2O tail that had to be painted for copyright reasons.
BellaLina owns it and uses it for promotion work.

Merman Ordep
09-09-2016, 05:39 AM
Now it makes sense! the tail is amazing! how did she got the tail?

jvry8c
09-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Looks awesome. I always like the look of extended tails but the problem is you lose a significant amount of power in the water compared to a regular monofin tail from what I have seen and heard. Still I would want one :D

Merman Ordep
09-10-2016, 07:29 AM
Looks awesome. I always like the look of extended tails but the problem is you lose a significant amount of power in the water compared to a regular monofin tail from what I have seen and heard. Still I would want one :D
I'm currently trying to make an extended tail! let's see if it works :lol:

Trident True
09-24-2016, 12:29 AM
its ok but i don't think its an original.

1 the girls fin on the original are different, it looks like they have been changed.
2 At the start of the vid the scales look very shiny almost like a holographic design with silicone over it.
3 the fluke looks like the original but the fins arn't so that doesn't add up to me.

just my thought on the matter. perhaps i'm 360 degrees wrong, but its what i can see.

and that fabric on the end of the fluke was driving me nuts.

Fifi Tigg
09-24-2016, 01:58 AM
It had to be altered for them to be able to use it so all those things you mentioned were added to achieve that ;)
Not the most attractive tail out there.

Trident True
09-24-2016, 06:41 AM
online tonight looking for some inspiration for my tail...... LOOK. I now believe that the tail isn't an original one used in the show but perhaps a tail that was used in another movie.

Mer-Crazy
09-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Nope it's a legit H2O tail, Renee (the owner of BellaLina) knows the guy who makes them and she bought it off him, it's descaled and painted and stuff but it is a legitimate tail from them I got to see it in person the other day and it's amazing!

Mer-Crazy
09-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Here's some quick pics I grabbed off my phone so you can have a closer look:
And one of me with it to prove I didn't get these off google or something

Merman Ordep
09-24-2016, 08:57 AM
It must be an amazing experience trying those tails...

Mer-Crazy
09-24-2016, 09:24 AM
They're soooo heavy! And big! That one is about 5'2" and weighs so much!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MerEmma
09-24-2016, 10:49 AM
So flippin' cool! Still one of my favorite fluke designs of all time, even repainted it looks realistic.

Mer-Crazy
09-24-2016, 06:05 PM
I know! I seriously want that fluke in my life haha.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MerEmma
09-24-2016, 10:21 PM
I actually love the shot that's nearly level with it, and I'm surprised how thick the edge of it is! It always seemed VERY thin to me in episodes. I'm obsessed with those detail photos haha.

Trident True
09-25-2016, 12:19 AM
I like the colours they pop in the water. but im not sure if i like the material, to me it kinda ruins the look. thanks for the pictures, Mer-Crazy.

Mer-Crazy
09-25-2016, 06:10 PM
I actually love the shot that's nearly level with it, and I'm surprised how thick the edge of it is! It always seemed VERY thin to me in episodes. I'm obsessed with those detail photos haha.
Oh yeah! I looked inside and it's like an inch thick or something it's insane!

I like the colours they pop in the water. but im not sure if i like the material, to me it kinda ruins the look. thanks for the pictures, Mer-Crazy.
Yeah, but like Fifi said it had to be altered for copyright reasons and the fabric was part of that deal. Kind of sucks.

Hopeful
10-28-2022, 11:23 PM
Do they fill the extended part with silicone?