PDA

View Full Version : Halloween!

Mermaid Summerlilly
09-28-2016, 04:51 PM
(First off if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry feel free to move it or delete the thread. :P)

So!! Guys there's a month until Halloween!

YAYYYY

I'm going as a mermaid this year and I'm not really sure what to add to my costume. I bought a pair of green mermaid leggings (so I can still walk and wear the costume to school) and I have my shell top that I made (pic below) but what else should I use?

I was thinking of using a bit of the leftover netting (I also used it on the top!) to make a tie-on belt. I also wanted to make a necklace or a choker using a plastic fish skeleton. (I saw someone do this but I don't remember who lol :P) There's a really nice one on Amazon as well that I might just order. :P https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LUCQ7RC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1IU1EUVJR9PXB

Any ideas guys? :D

I'd also love to hear about past Halloween costumes too! Tell me guys!
I LOVE HALLOWEEN :P

Mermaid Alea
09-28-2016, 05:13 PM
You could get a headband and glue shells and things to it to make a mermaid crown.

Mermaid Summerlilly
09-28-2016, 05:16 PM
Awww yes I didn't even think of that! Thank you!

Mermaid Summerlilly
09-28-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm also gonna buy a conch shell and make a shell-phone. :P

Mermaid Clara
09-28-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm going as Ariel. I have my purple shells painted and i'm going to get a pair of green fish scale leggings. All I have left is to finish my shell top and restyle the wig.

MerEmma
09-28-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm going as Lilo from Lilo & Stitch! I was thrift shopping and accidentally found a dress with the EXACT pattern as Lilo's, and my sister already has a Stitch doll. I was just planning to re-wear an old costume initially, but I'm excited!

Mermaid Summerlilly
09-28-2016, 07:55 PM
OOOhh that's awesome! Have fun!

Mermaid Clara
09-28-2016, 11:00 PM
(First off if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry feel free to move it or delete the thread. :P)

YAYYYY

I'm going as a mermaid this year and I'm not really sure what to add to my costume. I bought a pair of green mermaid leggings (so I can still walk and wear the costume to school) and I have my shell top that I made (pic below) but what else should I use?

Any ideas guys?
You could go to the craft store or look at the thrift store and get some shell necklaces and attach them underneath the lion paws or sew them to the bra and make it drape kinda like this bra:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160929/be1d27e86c14ef76196c44b34a843e0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Summerlilly
09-30-2016, 11:34 AM
YESSS I love it! I'll buy some necklaces and use more netting! I still have tons of leftover netting because I bought like 6 square meters of it when I bought it cause it was really cheap... :P That way it'll hide the beige tank top that I'll wear. Thanks! :D

(Love the new name btw Clara! Sounds really cool!)

The_MermaidBrianna
10-01-2016, 12:40 AM

YAYYYY

I was thinking of using a bit of the leftover netting (I also used it on the top!) to make a tie-on belt. I also wanted to make a necklace or a choker using a plastic fish skeleton. (I saw someone do this but I don't remember who lol :P) There's a really nice one on Amazon as well that I might just order. [emoji14] https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LUCQ7RC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1IU1EUVJR9PXB

Any ideas guys? :D

I'd also love to hear about past Halloween costumes too! Tell me guys!
Completely off subject here, but where did you get the green leaf materiel on your top if you dont mind me asking? I LOVE the look of them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mermaid Summerlilly
10-01-2016, 01:30 AM
I just bought a plastic fern plant thing from Michael's and tore it apart into little pieces. :P
(I looked for it online but I can't find it anywhere, sorry! :D)

Hydra1337
10-01-2016, 03:25 PM
I got an Eeyore kigurumi from Target as a costume/pajamas. I plan on adding a tail since it didn't come with one.

Mermaid Summerlilly
10-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Awwww that's awesome Hydra! I was originally thinking of buying a Totoro kigurimi before I decided to be a mermaid! :P

Hydra1337
10-01-2016, 08:43 PM
That would have been a hard decision for me too. I was actually debating between the Eeyore and Ariel kigurumis for a while but my husband pointed out Eeyore fit my personality better than Ariel. He's totally right so that's why I went with Eeyore. I was actually wearing it when I answered the door the day my monofin arrived. The delivery guy had a good laugh from it.

Mermaid Summerlilly
10-01-2016, 09:57 PM
That's awesome!

malinghi
10-02-2016, 03:11 AM
I've always wanted to make an aquaman costume for Halloween.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

telzey.amberdon
10-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Can I pin the tail on the eeyore?

I got an Eeyore kigurumi from Target as a costume/pajamas. I plan on adding a tail since it didn't come with one.

Hydra1337
10-02-2016, 08:55 AM
My husband said the same thing. Lol He apparently plans on ripping it off and hiding it when I least expect it.

Mermaid Summerlilly
10-05-2016, 06:03 PM
So hey guys can I have a bit of your input about my costume? The leggings I ordered came in today, and they're really nice but they're SUPER slippery and a little tight in the back, so they slip off whenever I sit down. Any ideas on how I can fix it? ahhhhhh ;P

Mermaid Alea
10-07-2016, 08:32 PM
I wish I knew of a good answer...Perhaps if you get a mermaidy looking sash or scarf and tie it around your waist that could keep u the leggins. Or you could get some suspenders and make them look mermaidy. Perhaps you could put sequins on the suspenders or paint scales on them, etc.