PDA

View Full Version : RE-INTRODUCING MYSELF

MermaidAine
10-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Hello everyone!
I have been pretty absent for almost a year now. I pop on every now and again but haven't really posted. I guess I sort of lost my mermaid mojo throughout last winter, and then when I got it back I was busy and really just never found time to sit and post.
Excuses, excuses...
So for those of you that don't know my I go buy Aine in the mermaid world and online, Angie everywhere else. I live in SLC , Utah. I have been obsessed with everything Mermaid for as long as I can remember, and that is a long time!
I have been collecting mermaids (the decoration kind) since the 80's and have over 700 of them at last count and that was a few years ago.
I have always wanted to be a mermaid and believe that if I lived past lives at least one of them has been spent as one.
I perform as a Mermaid here in Salt Lake, and am part of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake. I actually run that pod since the previous owner gave the company over to me last spring.
I have also performed as a bellydancer, and a burlesque dancer, but over the years my arthritis and fibromyalgia kind of put a stop to that. I miss it . Especially burlesque. However, being a professional mermaid fulfills a lot of that theatrical part of me. I still get to dress up and wear glitter, and there is no choreography for me to mess up!
I follow many of you other mermaids on social media. I love getting to know other mermaids. Utah has this strange attitude about it where it seems like everyone who performs considers themselves to be in competition with others that do the same type of thing. I am not like that. I think there is plenty of room for all of us. Although, if you step on my fins and nudge me out of an event because you want it for your group, that doesn't make me very happy. I honestly don't know why multiple pods can't perform together at events. I just don't get it.
Anyway, I digress.
I just wanted to pop in here, re-introduce myself, and say "Hello" and I hope to be posting a lot more.

Mermaid Alea
10-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Welcome back! I remember when you were on here so you have not been forgotten! ;)