PDA

View Full Version : CASTING MORE MERMAIDS for Miss Mermaid International 2016 in Egypt NEXT WEEK!

HamptonsMermaid
10-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Hi Mermaids!

From my most recent post, I announced that I have been selected to represent America in Miss Mermaid International 2016, the world's only mermaid beauty pageant!

The Pageant Director Lisa has just informed me that they are still scouting for more mermaids to represent the Americas and Caribbean.
Most of their applicants come from the modeling and pageant industries, so I would love for some representatives from the Mermaid Community to get involved in this opportunity! Experience with (fabric) tail swimming and underwater modeling is a plus!

REQUIREMENTS:
Mermaid must be available for the competition taking place in Egypt this Oct 15-30th (yes it's coming right up!)
Looking for Females 18-33.
Model type.
Height minimum 5'6"
Multiple regions available, apply for consideration for yours

COSTS:
The agency covers all contest submission fees.
International contestants are required to supply their own travel to Frankfurt, Germany and back (the agency will do there best to find sponsors to cover these costs but in the end they are our responsibility).
Once in Frankfurt, the pageant sponsors cover all costs to/from/in Egypt including flight, transportation, hotels and meals
Other costs include $175 insurance for crowns and sashes.

JUDGING:
There are 5 parts that are scored:
Face & Figure
Costume (free tail provided by MagicTail.de, you create your own mermaid top)
Interview
Underwater Posing
Long Distance Dive (horizontal)

Other fun parts include:
National Costume
Talent Show

The winner receives a year long paid modeling contract. Lisa can give you more details about that. For me it's not even about winning, but connecting with mermaids all over the world and expanding my own professional mermaid career. If you are selected to represent your region there are plenty of opportunities through the next year for sponsor covered events, travel, modeling and networking. Lisa has been very communicative and professional and I'm excited for this opportunity to work with her and her mermaid team.

TO APPLY: Please email PlatImages@aol.com and/or call Lisa at 424-397-4687. A facebook profile or portfolio link with pictures is helpful.