PDA

View Full Version : The Mermaid Name Generator

AniaR
02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Currently in the community this great link is being passed around. It tells you your "mermaid name" and species type. I actually laughed because it kinda nailed me! http://mermaid.namegeneratorfun.com

Try it out and post your results! Here's mine

Glimmer Bering Singer
(subluceo boreas)
With silvery scales over much of the body, the subluceo reflects light, glimmering and glinting as it reflects the sun below the waves.
The Bering Strait is noted for its unique environmental and evolutionary effects on some subspecies. The boreas populates the length of the strait from the shores of Siberia and Alaska to the icy berg-filled north.
Note: Known for its alluring song, this variety is rarely quiet, luring sailors to their doom.

Mermaid Saphira
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
That is just to weird! It so nailed me! I'm shy, curious and I can sing! Freakkkyyy :lol:

SweeteSiren
02-13-2012, 05:39 PM
What fun! Thank you for sharing!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Plankton Bering Singer
(maena boreas)
The eerily beautiful maena is semi-transparent and glows from within, like the plankton it feeds on.
The Bering Strait is noted for its unique environmental and evolutionary effects on some subspecies. The boreas populates the length of the strait from the shores of Siberia and Alaska to the icy berg-filled north.
Note: Known for its alluring song, this variety is rarely quiet, luring sailors to their doom.

Hmm... semi-transparent and glows from within, known for alluring song and luring sailors to their doom? Not too far off mark, either :)

Mermaid Sirena
02-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Tiger Deep Singer
(tigris profundus)
Characteristic wide horizontal brown and yellow-pink bands ring the tail and torso of the tigris. This type of colouring acts as a warning to predators: this subspecies is known for its sharp teeth and ferocious nature.
A dweller of the deep, the profundus often travels to sea vents many miles below the surface to lay its eggs in the hot, dark streams of water.
Note: Known for it's alluring song, this variety is rarely quiet, luring sailors to their doom.

.......... Not even close, no sharp teeth, no ferocious nature, I don't like pink or yellow and brown is only acceptable, silent more often then nought and I can't sing worth my life. Though I really do enjoy swimming as deep as I can.

koiboi
02-13-2012, 06:37 PM
omg i love it! it so nailed me!

My mermaid name is Green Tidal Fish
Has brown hair and a vivid green tail. The hair and dorsal fin offer good disguise in weed beds.This variety tends to drift, going where the tide takes it. It is particularly fond of jellyfish and is often found close to shore.

Note: A gregarious variety, happiest found in a large shoal of its own kind.

Lorelei
02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I love this thing :D
I got: Dolphin Beach Swift
Often found amongst dolphins. Has the sleek, silver color of that species. Something of a shepherdess, This Variety is said to protect dolphin young from killer whales. Found in the shallows, this subspecies is often observed splashing in rock pools or sunning itself on rocks, combing its hair.
Note: Faster than most varieties, with superior physical ability and quick wittedness.

Yay, I love dolphins! :)

Mermaid Saphira
02-13-2012, 07:26 PM
^ Luuuccckkkyyyy! I LOVE dolphins :p

Lorelei
02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
^ Luuuccckkkyyyy! I LOVE dolphins :p
Me too. I've always wanted to make a Dolphin tail. People are always making scaly fish tail, but it'd be cool to see one that looks just like a dolphin. Someday i will definitely try and make a tail like that.

Mermaid Saphira
02-13-2012, 07:36 PM
^ That would be so cool! I want to do an orca tail :)

Neria
02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Red Ocean Singer (curalium oceanus)
Typically the tail and fins are an unusually deep red colour acting as a camouflage from predators in deeper water. The skin is a mottled, freckled sandy colour and the hair is often reddish.
A traveller of the seas, this subspecies is rarely seen close to shore, instead preferring the wide-ranging deeps of the open ocean.

Lorelei
02-13-2012, 08:02 PM
^ That would be so cool! I want to do an orca tail :)
That would be so beautiful :o

MermanJesse
02-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Oyster Pacific Scales
(ostrea pacificus)
Has pearlescent white skin and jet black hair. Oysters form a main supplement of the diet of this subspecies, which is often found hunting rocks and crevices for tasty morsels.
Found in the calmest waters of the deep pacific ocean, the pacificus enjoys a peaceful existence.
Note: A particularly scaly variety - fine scales cover most of the body. This subspecies is known to be cool blooded.

I hate oysters!.....LOL

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
02-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Oyster Pacific Scales
(ostrea pacificus)
Has pearlescent white skin and jet black hair. Oysters form a main supplement of the diet of this subspecies, which is often found hunting rocks and crevices for tasty morsels.
Found in the calmest waters of the deep pacific ocean, the pacificus enjoys a peaceful existence.
Note: A particularly scaly variety - fine scales cover most of the body. This subspecies is known to be cool blooded.

I hate oysters!.....LOL

http://garfield.nfshost.com/1986/11/01/
Hey, MermanJesse, maybe you'll be able to make pearls, then... since being forced to eat oysters would make you awfully irritated. (and yes, that was one of my favorite garfield strips ever).

Gem Stone
02-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Blue Harbour Hunter
(caeruleus ostia)
The tail is a deep blue shimmering colour that takes on a jewel-like sparkle when caught in sunlight. The hair is dark and skin is usually a chocolate brown though some variation has been seen.
A gregarious, friendly subspecies, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and is fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing alongside dolphins and other porpoises.
Note: Intelligent and shrewd, with predatory instincts, this subspecies can be aggressive when disturbed.

almost nailed me. my skin and hair are light, but i am thinking about making my tail dark blue though. i do love the dolphins and i can be very agressive when im bothered (mainly by my brother) and i absolutely love dolphins! not so sure about the being nice though... kidding! but it really did get really close. except the color of hair and skin.

Amethyst
03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Plankton Ocean Cat

(maena oceanus)

The eerily beautiful maena is semi-transparent and glows from within, like the plankton it feeds on.
A traveller of the seas, this subspecies is rarely seen close to shore, instead preferring the wide-ranging deeps of the open ocean.
Note: Curious, lively and fond of play, this subspecies has many cat-like qualities.

I actually have a cat!! I love them! lol :D

Mia
03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Marlin Ship Wreck Scales
(pistris naufragus)
Sleek, blue-grey with a colourful dorsal fan that has flashes of blue, red and yellow. This variety is a fast swimmer.

Often found in the vicinity of ship wrecks, the naufragus is naturally curious and intelligent and likes to explore.

Not bad. The color scheme is actually similar to one of my preferred tail drafts, and I do pride myself on both curiosity and intelligence. Plus, I love exploring, and exploring ship wrecks sounds more or less exactly my style.

Demi
03-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Blue Estuary Watcher

(caeruleus fretum)

The tail is a deep blue shimmering colour that takes on a jewel-like sparkle when caught in sunlight. The hair is dark and skin is usually a chocolate brown though some variation has been seen.
One of the few freshwater varieties, the fretum travels inland for short journeys to hunt freshwater fish, being particularly fond of salmon.
Note: An observer rather than a doer, this one is a fast learner with excellent deductive powers.

Bellasea
03-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Glimmer Marine Loner (subluceo marinus)
With silvery scales over much of the body, the subluceo reflects light, glimmering and glinting as it reflects the sun below the waves.
This subspecies is unusually fond of small boating craft, its naturally playful tendencies sometimes leading it into trouble in shipping lanes.
Note: A solitary variety that prefers to meet others of its kind only rarely. Happiest wandering the oceans alone.

So true!! :D

Nyx
04-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Star Tropic Singer
(stellatus aestivus)
A nocturnal variety, known to glisten with natural phosphorescence under the light of the stars.
The aestivus is noted as being one of the few poisonous subspecies, with sharp, dagger-like extensions to the tail and inner wrist, and snake-like fangs that exude deadly nerve toxins.

I like the sound of this :D
Except for maybe the fangs .... but then again poison would be kind of cool .... hmnnn.

Mermaid Lulu
04-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Kelp Coastal Swift
(alga litus)
Seaweed forms a main supplement of the alga diet. The alga has many long trailing kelp-like fins that have evolved to disguise it. Colouring ranges from deep olive through to black-brown, disguising the alga in its natural habitat of weed beds.
Found along the coastline in many parts of the world, the litus is a gypsy of the oceans, making itself at home in a variety of environments.
Note: Faster than most varieties, with superior physical ability and quick wittedness.

Got my tail down exactly (olive green/ brown black) and I love the kelp forest here in Nother Cali.

Mermaid Dottie
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Oyster Pacific Singer
(ostrea pacificus)

Yes I am pale with dark hair. I've never had an oyster, but I'm told they're tasty. And my closest ocean is the pacific. Which I love. and I'm almost never quiet, always singing randomly.

Jeblily
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Wow it is actually kind of accurate.....

Oyster shipwreck dancer Ostrea Naufragus

Oysters form the main part of the diet, oysters which are one of my favorite foods. It is curious and intelligent, spot on. Then to finish it says a ballerina of the oceans, well I did ballet for 8 years so this was cool.

Often found in the vicinity of ship wrecks, the naufragus is naturally curious and intelligent and likes to explore.

Mermaid Jewel
04-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Tiger Reef Cat
(tigris dorsum)
Characteristic wide horizontal brown and yellow-pink bands ring the tail and torso of the tigris. This type of colouring acts as a warning to predators: this subspecies is known for its sharp teeth and ferocious nature.
Found largely in the tropical coral reefs, the dorsum is fond of beautiful environments and makes a pleasant home for itself on the underwater cliffs that border the reef beds.
Note: Curious, lively and fond of play, this subspecies has many cat-like qualities.

Not sure about the colors or the cat thing but I love coral reefs and the other qualities seem accurate so...

babsannee
04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Red Tidal Singer
(curalium aestus)
Typically the tail and fins are an unusually deep red colour acting as a camouflage from predators in deeper water. The skin is a mottled, freckled sandy colour and the hair is often reddish.
This variety tends to drift, going where the tide takes it. It is particularly fond of jellyfish and is often found close to shore.

I love this!

SeaNymph
04-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Gold Flotsam Singer
(flavens dissolutio)

Gold coloured with similar variegation between individuals as seen in coy carp. Flaxen-haired with pale, orange-gold skin.
The dissolutio is a treasure-collector, gathering finds from the beach and ocean and creating caches of interesting and beautiful objects.

Yeah, that's really me!!!!! I am gold, pale, I sing and always have collected every kind of treasure....

MermaidHailey
04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
This is mine and it's so true...
Dolphin Pacific Singer
(delphinus pacificus)
Often found amongst dolphins. Has the sleek, silver colour of that species. Something of a shepherdess, this variety is said to protect dolphin young from killer whales.

Mermaid Rillia
04-25-2012, 01:02 AM
(curalium ostia)

mermaid name is Red Harbour Seeker. Typically the tail and fins are an unusually deep red colour acting as a camouflage from predators in deeper water. The skin is a mottled, freckled sandy colour and the hair is often reddish. A gregarious, friendly subspecies, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and is fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing alongside dolphins and other porpoises. Note: Known for its foraging behaviour, this variety particularly likes to seek out small crustaceans and starfish.

id say it pegged me decently... :):D

Blondie
04-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Marlin Marine Cat
(pistris marinus)
Sleek, blue-grey with a colourful dorsal fan that has flashes of blue, red and yellow. This variety is a fast swimmer.
This subspecies is unusually fond of small boating craft, its naturally playful tendencies sometimes leading it into trouble in shipping lanes.
Note: Curious, lively and fond of play, this subspecies has many cat-like qualities

Pretty right :) I'm planning on have a tail made just like that soon! I live an Florida and there's the baseball team The Marlins hehe... And I like to sleep like a cat O_o not really play like one!

Sitre Seer Moroaica
04-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Hahahahah my results:

Blue Harbour Hunter
(caeruleus ostia)

The tail is a deep blue shimmering colour that takes on a jewel-like sparkle when caught in sunlight. The hair is dark and skin is usually a chocolate brown though some variations have been seen. A gregarious, friendly sub species, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and if fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing along side dolphins and other porpoises.

Note: Intelligent and shrewd, with predatory instincts, this subspecies can be aggressive when distrubed.

I love it all and glad it said variations to skin colours because I'm very pale not cholocate brown :P

Mermaid Miel
04-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Played around with my names/psuedonyms a bit, but it was my birth name that got me the best result.

Oyster Equatorial Singer (ostrea solstitialis)
A hot-blooded subspecies, often found basking on rocks in the sun, soaking up the equatorial heat.

I have tried oysters but I'm not particularly fond of them. I have blonde hair but I'm fond of being (very) pale-skinned.
What I really liked about this one was the environment, all the others had me in arctic waters/deep sea and cold-blooded. XP
I hate being cold and adore napping in my hammock on a sunny/warm day.

Mermaid Annariea
06-09-2012, 07:47 PM
i originally got this one:

Red Shore Seeker (curalium litoreus)
A friendly variety, fond of children, often seen playing with swimmers in the shallows, though one should always exercise caution due to its unpredictable nature.
Note: Known for its foraging behaviour, this variety particularly likes to seek out small crustaceans and starfish.

but it doesnt sound like me except the 'friendly' part. so i curiously fiddled with other names; my nicknames, middle name, etc. and ended up with this one, which sounds more like me i think.

Pearl Marine Cat (margaritum marinus)
Noted for its milky, pearlescent colouring and rainbow mother-of-pearl scales. The margaritum is a magpie-like subspecies that collects nests of sparkling shells and pearls.

i love shiny stuff, and everyone always tells me if i was an animal, id be a cat because of my personality. xD plus, im way too curious for my own good sometimes. >.>

Mermaid Caidence
06-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Green Beach Singer (viridans acta)
Has brown hair and a vivid green tail. The hair and dorsal fin offer good disguise in weed beds.
Found in the shallows, this subspecies is often observed splashing in rock pools or sunning itself on rocks, combing its hair.

Lol I have blond hair, and I don't know about the green tail. xD I do like to sit in the sun and comb my hair. xD
I also love to sing. :)

Ariel
07-14-2012, 11:43 PM
This is a fun name generator too!

http://fantasy.namegeneratorfun.com/

I got "
Your fantasy name is Aurora Splendidsea of the Night Moor

Lyna
07-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Green Reef Singer (viridans dorsum)
Has brown hair and a vivid green tail. The hair and dorsal fin offer good disguise in weed beds.
Found largely in the tropical coral reefs, the dorsum is fond of beautiful environments and makes a pleasant home for itself on the underwater cliffs that border the reef beds.

oasisa
09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
It described me:) down to the ground, even the dark hair and chocolate skin. I'm writing a book at the moment about a Mermaid called Oasisa.

spottedcatfish
09-18-2012, 09:39 PM
This is really accurate for me! freaky!

Gold Estuary Dancer

(flavens fretum)
Gold coloured with similar variegation between individuals as is seen in coy carp. Flaxen-haired with pale, orange-gold skin.
One of the few freshwater varieties, the fretum travels inland for short journeys to hunt freshwater fish, being particularly fond of salmon.
Note: Romantic and graceful, this subspecies is truly a ballerina of the oceans.

Mermaid Arianna
09-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Plankton Bering Singer
(maena boreas)
Note: Known for its alluring song, this variety is rarely quiet, luring sailors to their doom

Mermaid Fenicia
09-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Pearl Ship Wreck Singer

(margaritum naufragus)

Noted for its milky, pearlescent colouring and rainbow mother-of-pearl scales. The margaritum is a magpie-like subspecies that collects nests of sparkling shells and pearls.

Morticia Mermaid
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Blue Atlantic Diver

(caeruleus atlantis)

A rare, shy subspecies. Due to the encroachment of man, now found only in selected parts of the Atlantic.
Note: This diving subspecies is a solitary creature, taking time alone in the deep.

Yep... Sounds a lot like me

Nykur
09-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Gold Estuary Catold Estuary Cat
(flavens fretum)
Gold coloured with similar variegation between individuals as is seen in coy carp. Flaxen-haired with pale, orange-gold skin.

shimmygoddess
09-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Plankton Shore
Dancer

(maena litoreus)
A friendly variety, fond of children, often seen playing with swimmers in the shallows, though one should always exercise caution due to its unpredictable nature.
Note: Romantic and graceful, this subspecies is truly a ballerina of the oceans.

wow, very accurate! LOL

Shelley
09-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Star Tidal Fish
(stellatus aestus)
A nocturnal variety, known to glisten with natural phosphorescence under the light of the stars.
This variety tends to drift, going where the tide takes it. It is particularly fond of jellyfish and is often found close to shore.

Azurin Luna
09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Black Shore Watcher
(aquilus litoreus)
Entirely black. Black is a predatory colour, offering disguise in shadows of rocks and clear warning when on the open sea bed.
Note: An observer rather than a doer, this one is a fast learner with excellent deductive powers.

See, I should get a black tail :D Though I'm not really a predator I do defend what is mine

Shivice
09-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I would say this is accurate except I'm not greedy.

Star Ship Wreck Feeder

(stellatus naufragus)

Note: Rather greedy and prone to hoarding. This variety's favourite morsels are shrimps and molluscs.

MountainMermaidBrooke
09-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Tiger Shore Cat (tigris litoreus)

Heheheheh. Nailed it.

Triton-Mahtlinnie
09-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Woah, Scary accurate.

Black Ship Wreck Tail
(aquilus naufragus)
Entirely black. Black is a predatory colour, offering disguise in shadows of rocks and clear warning when on the open sea bed.
Note: A particularly decorative tail which may be used for display purposes.

Sierra Larars
09-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Star Estuary Singer
(stellatus fretum)

... Cant sing worth my salt but the rest is good.

Mermaid Marissa
09-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Plankton Pacific Singer
(maena pacficus)
Found in the calmest waters of the deep Pacific Ocean, the pacificus enjoys a peaceful existence.

well... they got the singing part right... but I don't do cold water... or deep water.... I'm more of a reef mer ;)

Elle
10-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Black Marine Hunter

(aquilus marinus)

Note: Intelligent and shrewd, with predatory instincts, this subspecies can be aggressive when disturbed.

I think my partner might agree with this :)

Merman Craig (Delphinar)
10-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Green Equatorial Seeker
(viridans solstitialis)
Has brown hair and a vivid green tail. The hair and dorsal fin offer a good disguise in weed beds.
A hot-blooded subspecies, often found basking on rocks in the sun, soaking up the equatorial heat.

That sounds neat.

Koral
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Dolphin Coral Scales
(delphinus curalium)
Often found amongst dolphins. Has the sleek, silver colour of that species. Something of a shepherdess, this variety is said to protect dolphin young from killer whales.
This subspecies is famed for its coral-tending behaviour - like a loving gardener, the curalium tends the reefs and looks after the small animals that live in them.

You know, this kind of makes sense. My mersona has fine scales all over (show-wise, I'd just use glitter). And I loooove dolphins. And hey, "Coral" is in there. ;) The only difference is I prefer warmer waters and bright colored scales!

Sherl
10-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Star Coral Fish
(stellatus curalium)
This subspecies is famed for its coral-tending behaviour - like a loving gardener, the curalium tends the reefs and looks after the small animals that live in them.

Wow (: I do love gardening, though I'm not an enthusiast or an expert. And tending to coral reefs as well as little animals sounds awesome ;D

MerAnthony
10-27-2012, 09:39 AM
WOW that is great it nailed me.
Blue Tropic Diver (caeruleus aestivus)
The aestivus is noted as being one of the few poisonous subspecies, with sharp, dagger-like extensions to the tail and inner wrist, and snake-like fangs that exude deadly nerve toxins.
Note: This diving subspecies is a solitary creature, taking time alone in the deep.

Gem Stone
07-23-2013, 08:22 PM
they changed it up! I tried it again and got a new answer! much closer than my last one Gold Atlantic Breather (flavens atlantis) Gold coloured with similar variegation between individuals as is seen in coy carp. Flaxen-haired with pale, orange-gold skin. A rare, shy subspecies. Due to the encroachment of man, now found only in selected parts of the Atlantic. Please note: Known for its attractive fluted gills and tendency to swim the shallows.

Miyu
07-24-2013, 02:46 AM
Well, I tried it twice, once with my full first name, the second with my shorter nickname (since I rarely go by my full name)....

Short name:

Green Marine Dancer (viridans marinus) Has brown hair and a vivid green tail. The hair and dorsal fin offer good disguise in weed beds. This subspecies is unusually fond of small boating craft, its naturally playful tendencies sometimes leading it into trouble in shipping lanes. Please note: Romantic and graceful, this subspecies is truly a ballerina of the oceans.

Full name:

Shell Equatorial Loner (concha solstitialis) The concha has beautiful pinkish colouring that rings the body and limbs, like the interior of a shell. It is also known for its shell-collecting behaviour. A hot-blooded subspecies, often found basking on rocks in the sun, soaking up the equatorial heat. Please note: A solitary variety that prefers to meet others of its kind only rarely. Happiest wandering the oceans alone.

I find they both have some truth. I love pink, and my dream tail is pink, and my favorite shell has a coral pink interior. I love shell-collecting and warm spots. I'm not a loner and am quite social; I get depressed if I don't have companionship. I have brown hair and love to dance, and I think I'm playful (and I hope I'm graceful).

MissTearini
08-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I tried both my maiden name and my married name. I feel they both fit me except the tail color being like a whale.

Maiden Name:
My mermaid name is:
Whale Ship Wreck Loner
(balaena naufragus)
Grey, white and black colouring, often found amongst whales or in whale inhabited waters.
Please note: A solitary variety that prefers to meet others of its kind only rarely. Happiest wandering the oceans alone.

Married Name:
My mermaid name is:
Star Arctic Seeker
(stellatus arctous)
The arctous populates the far north, making its home on the frozen wastes of the ice cap, alongside polar bears.
Please note: Known for its foraging behavior, this variety particularly likes to seek out small crustaceans and starfish.

Aziara
08-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Used my maiden name, and this is totally me. I love to body surf, caves intrigue me, and I tend to keep to myself. My mermaid name is:Wave Cavern Diver
(unda caverna)
The unda is a wave surfer often spotted playing close to the shore on windy days with a high swell.
The caverna makes its permanent home in underwater caverns, where it shelters from rough seas.
Please note: This diving subspecies is a solitary creature, taking time alone in the deep.

PrettyScorpio
12-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Choose how to get your mermaid name

Make a random name

Generate a name from your own name

http://mernetwork.com/images/ajax-loader-black.gif

My mermaid name is:
Star River Diver
(stellatus flumineus)
One of the few freshwater varieties, the flumineus favours healthy rivers with adequate fish and mollusc supplies. A rare species today.
Please note: This diving subspecies is a solitary creature, taking time alone in the deep.

Mermaid Muir
12-04-2013, 01:04 AM
My mermaid name is:
Moon Tropic Long Tail
(lunaris aestivus)
Known for its nocturnal habits, the lunaris glows faintly with the light of the moon.
Please note: Having an attractive, long and twisty tail.

Pretty cool. This is cool even with the fangs part. I wish I could draw this because I think it would look amazing

Nashoba
02-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Maiden name:
Moon Harbour Diver(lunaris ostia)Known for its nocturnal habits, the lunaris glows faintly with the light of the moon.A gregarious, friendly subspecies, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and is fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing alongside dolphins and other porpoises.Please note: This diving subspecies is a solitary creature, taking time alone in the deep.

Married Name:
Glimmer Cavern Diver(subluceo caverna)With silvery scales over much of the body, the subluceo reflects light, glimmering and glinting as it reflects the sun below the waves.The caverna makes its permanent home in underwater caverns, where it shelters from rough seas.Please note: This diving subspecies is a solitary creature, taking time alone in the deep.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-05-2015, 02:37 AM
With my English name its...
My mermaid name is:Pearl Port Fisher(margaritum portus)

City lovers, the portus congregate near to large ports, exploring netting, anchors, and any other man-made curiosities they find.
Scavengers by nature, they have been reported to steal fishermen's catches and are occasionally snared in trawler nets.
Please note:
Dolphin-like behaviour has been noted in this subspecies. Small groups will encircle fish shoals, balling them into a feeding frenzy.

It describes exactly my crafting nature. I like use found objects, explore places and practice my Fish Hops!:lol: Not to mention my stash of shiny beads!

My Chinese Name...
My mermaid name is:Oyster Marine Dancer(ostrea marinus)
Please note: Romantic and graceful, this subspecies is truly a ballerina of the oceans.

And I love eating raw oysters too!

As Mermaid Jaffa:
My mermaid name is:Mottled River Hider(maculosus flumineus)
Mottled and dappled in sandy, stony hues, the maculosus is well-disguised on the seabed where this subspecies prefers to hunt.
One of the few freshwater varieties, the flumineus favours healthy rivers with adequate fish and mollusc supplies. A rare species today.
Please note: A shy subspecies, known for its nervousness around humans. It takes effort to win this type's trust.

Azurin Luna
02-05-2015, 04:46 AM
My mermaid name is:Marlin Harbour Spinner(pistris ostia) Sleek, blue-grey with a colourful dorsal fan that has flashes of blue, red and yellow. This variety is a fast swimmer. A gregarious, friendly subspecies, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and is fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing alongside dolphins and other porpoises. Please note: Noted for its spinning behaviour, at first this variety's sanity was questioned. It is in fact a method of stunning fish.

Funny, my new tail design comes close to this description, and I used to live near the harbour :D

Mermaid Silverlilly
02-05-2015, 04:50 AM
Lol can't believe it that kinda explains all sides of me :)

Tiger Harbour Hider(tigris ostia) Characteristic wide horizontal brown and yellow-pink bands ring the tail and torso of the tigris. This type of colouring acts as a warning to predators: this subspecies is known for its sharp teeth and ferocious nature. A gregarious, friendly subspecies, the ostia is often seen swimming near to small harbours and is fond of catching the bow waves of boats, playing alongside dolphins and other porpoises. Please note: A shy subspecies, known for its nervousness around humans. It takes effort to win this type's trust.

only thing is my dream tail isn't those colours

Elle
02-05-2015, 05:10 AM
I re-did mine and it's changed from the first one I did.

This is my original one with my maiden name

Black Marine Hunter

(aquilus marinus)

This is what it is now

Striped Estuary Cat(virgatus fretum)Striped like a sea-tiger, the virgatus is camouflaged well in waving underwater weed beds, where it likes to make its home.One of the few freshwater varieties, the fretum travels inland for short journeys to hunt freshwater fish, being particularly fond of salmon.Please note: Curious, lively and fond of play, this subspecies has many cat-like qualities.

And this is what it is with my married name

Gold Cape Dart(flavens capenus)Gold coloured with similar variegation between individuals as is seen in coy carp. Flaxen-haired with pale, orange-gold skin.Populates both the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Horn - being particularly at home in rough seas and violent weather, coping with many conflicting forces.Please note: Darts from one hiding place to the next, but do not be fooled, this is not shy behaviour, but predatory stalking.

Echidna
02-05-2015, 06:12 AM
For real name:

Oyster River Short Fin (ostrea flumineus)
Has pearlescent white skin and jet black hair. One of the few freshwater varieties, the flumineus favours healthy rivers with adequate fish and mollusc supplies. A rare species today.
Please note: Has a short dorsal fin on the back that cuts the water as it swims.

Pretty close! Apart from the dorsal...haven't managed to make one yet *grumble*

For Echidna:

Mottled Common Stinger(maculosus agnatus)
Mottled and dappled in sandy, stony hues, the maculosus is well-disguised on the seabed where this subspecies prefers to hunt. With an alluring voice, this singing variety is the most famous - luring curious and love-struck sailors to their doom on the rocks.
Please note: A poisonous variety - equipped with fine stinging tentacles that leave a nasty rash on the victim.
accurate enough! Pretty funny.

And finally, my Chinese name:

Striped Arctic Diver(virgatus arctous)
Striped like a sea-tiger, the virgatus is camouflaged well in waving underwater weed beds, where it likes to make its home. The arctous populates the far north, making its home on the frozen wastes of the ice cap, alongside polar bears.

Also pretty accurate. Though I'd prefer some tropical sea, but I'm stuck here in the cold meh.

SiaTheMermaid
02-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Neon Surface Dancer
(candesco aequor)

Like a neon fish, the candesco has two characteristic red and blue stripes down each side of the tail that glow and flash In sunlight. The stripes are for display purposes, and the candesco is often seen darting and dancing near the surface at dusk.
Often spotted breaking the waters surface with it's dorsal fin and splashing in the waves, this subspecies has a smaller lung capacity than most.

The only two sketches I have of my tail are red and blue. :)

Vela
02-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Based on my real name:
Shell Port Leape
(concha portus)

The concha has beautiful pinkish coloring that rings the body and limbs, like the interior of a shell. It is also known for its shell-collecting behavior.City lovers, the portus congregate near to large ports, exploring netting, anchors, and any other man-made curiosities they find. Scavengers by nature, they have been reported to steal fishermen's catches and are occasionally snared in trawler nets.
Please note: Known for its cheerfulness, this subspecies is often found leaping alongside the prows of boats.

Fun123joker
02-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Blue Port Fisher
(caeruleus portus)
City lovers, the portus congregate near to large ports, exploring netting, anchors, and any other man-made curiosities they find. Scavengers by nature, they have been reported to steal fishermen's catches and are occasionally snared in trawler nets.
Please note: Dolphin-like behaviour has been noted in this subspecies. Small groups will encircle fish shoals, balling them into a feeding frenzy

that is so me its scary
no like im really freaked out right now.
hey got my apperiences on point (my tail and hair color)
they got my preferble location (im a city girl)
they even have my love for dolphin behavoir down! its like it can see me through the screen or somthing because this is really accurate

SeaGlass Siren
02-05-2015, 04:17 PM
English Maiden Name : striped reef fish
Vietnamese Maiden Name: black river leaper

English Married Name: oyster arctic diver
Vietnamese Married Name: spindrift coastal swift

I feel like these descriptions are so generic so of course they would fit

QueenZero
02-05-2015, 04:23 PM
My mermaid name is:Marlin Ocean Stinger(pistris oceanus)
Sleek, blue-grey with a colourful dorsal fan that has flashes of blue, red and yellow. This variety is a fast swimmer. A traveller of the seas, this subspecies is rarely seen close to shore, instead preferring the wide-ranging deeps of the open ocean.
Please note: A poisonous variety - equipped with fine stinging tentacles that leave a nasty rash on the victim.

Yeessss, poison! Haha, nasty rash...and tentacles! (I love me some tentacles, obviously) I like this generator. ;)

Merperson Danny
02-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Mottled Tidal Catcher(maculosus aestus)Mottled and dappled in sandy, stony hues, the maculosus is well-disguised on the seabed where this subspecies prefers to hunt.This variety tends to drift, going where the tide takes it. It is particularly fond of jellyfish and is often found close to shore.Please note: An excellent hunter, having superior vision and listening skills.
wow, sounds like me a little! not bad

WaterWitch
02-18-2015, 03:08 PM
This is the one I got

Black Equatorial Breather
(aquilus solstitialis)
Entirely black. Black is a predatory colour, offering disguise in shadows of rocks and clear warning when on the open sea bed. A hot-blooded subspecies, often found basking on rocks in the sun, soaking up the equatorial heat. Please note: Known for its attractive fluted gills and tendency to swim the shallows.

Seems like a fairly scary breed.

I put in my sister's name too.

Wave Coral Breather
(unda curalium)
The unda is a wave surfer often spotted playing close to the shore on windy days with a high swell. This subspecies is famed for its coral-tending behaviour - like a loving gardener, the curalium tends the reefs and looks after the small animals that live in them. Please note: Known for its attractive fluted gills and tendency to swim the shallows.

She really is a gardener! :jawdrop: Spooky..