PDA

View Full Version : Mers from Belgium or The Netherlands?

Mermaid Lilija
01-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Hello fellow mers, I'm new and wondering if there are any mers from Belgium or The Netherlands.
I would like to know some mers living here! :D
I'm from Belgium btw!

Mermaid Fenicia
01-06-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm a mermaid that lives in Belgium ;) I just moved to Deinze from Antwerp and still looking far a pool where I can swim with my monofin to keep up with my exercises.

Mermaid Lilija
01-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Oh hello!! I'm from Vorselaar province Antwerp but I come a lot in Antwerp and around itself! searching for more pools too! I know one but it rather small deep enough but small (but not many people come there so that's fine)

Mermaid Fenicia
01-07-2017, 04:16 AM
I used to go to this pool (https://www.antwerpen.be/nl/overzicht/sporting-a/zwembaden/zwembad-sorghvliedt-in-hoboken) to do my exercises with my monofin ;) No problem there, only no tails allowed.

Azurin Luna
01-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Dutch mer here, from around Rotterdam ^^

Mermaid Lilija
01-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Mermaid Fenicia (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?986-Mermaid-Fenicia) oh think it's so weird that a mono fin is allowed but with a tail on it not. It's just te same only some more fabric haha

Azurin Luna (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?481-Azurin-Luna) Nice to meet you!! :)

Mermaid Fenicia
01-08-2017, 08:14 AM
It's the fabric (below the knee) that is the problem in the pools in Antwerp. They won't allow lose shorts or skirts (even it it's attached to the bathing-suit) only tight speedo's, bikini's and bathing-suits. Some pools even have a vending-machine to sell the 'right' stuff.

Mermaid Lilija
01-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Same here in some pools... I've been swimming in a pool in Pulderbos. It's known as a pool for children that are rehabilitating :) They don't mind tails as long as it's not crowded and don't hurt anybody with it but this never happend to me and the children and even parents love to see me swim there. In the summer or when it's hot enough I go to De Lilsebergen in Lille(Gierle) or Zilvermeer in Mol. and of course also the sea.. but in The Netherlands at Neeltje Jans not the swimming pool thingie but at the beach it's really great there not many people come there so it's not really crowded and also lots of seals that aren't afraid of humans and just will come to you

Mermaid Fenicia
01-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Maybe we can meet in summer ;)

Mermaid Lilija
01-08-2017, 10:50 AM
That would be lovely!

Mermaid Fenicia
01-08-2017, 03:28 PM
I've seen pics on your cosplay-page and I think we already met at Abunai and/or other conventions ;)

MermaidLiara
01-09-2017, 01:46 AM
I'm also from the Netherlands :). I live near Utrecht. Hope to meet you at a meet sometime. Btw, there is a facebook group for Dutch speaking mermaids. It's called Dutch mermaids.

Mermaid Fenicia
01-09-2017, 02:47 AM
or join the europod on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/380590581960498/ ;)

mermaidrobynn
02-12-2017, 02:12 AM
I'll be moving to a place near Utrecht soon for my studies :D

MermaidLiara
02-12-2017, 03:10 AM
^Cool! I live in Zeist. But I am moving to Barneveld (which is still close by).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

StellaMaris
02-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone! I just have joined mernetwork this afternoon because I thought it would be time to talk about mermaids and you know, our passion. I live in South-Holland, the Netherlands. I was wondering why we don't talk Dutch here ;)
I still have to discover this forum, maybe some of you can help me a bit with the major things? Or just replying makes me happy too!

Mermaid Fenicia
02-21-2017, 02:13 PM
you can speak Dutch if it's easier for you, but only in this topic ;)

MermaidLiara
02-22-2017, 02:01 AM
Welcome StellaMaris! :) We do speak Dutch in the 'mermaids from the low lands?' thread. We're happy to have you on mernetwork! Do you have your own tail? Do you have a top, do you like making tails/tops?

What are you looking for on this forum? We could guide you! We have subforums for tailmakers, making your own, accessoires and tops, swimming in tails, photoshoots, professional mermaiding, swimming and diving, marine biology and ocean preservation...

StellaMaris
02-22-2017, 04:06 AM
Welcome StellaMaris! :) We do speak Dutch in the 'mermaids from the low lands?' thread. We're happy to have you on mernetwork! Do you have your own tail? Do you have a top, do you like making tails/tops?

What are you looking for on this forum? We could guide you! We have subforums for tailmakers, making your own, accessoires and tops, swimming in tails, photoshoots, professional mermaiding, swimming and diving, marine biology and ocean preservation...

Hi Lyara,
Nice to meet you here! Thank you for recommending that thread. Before I introduce myself, I've to tell y'all that my parents don't know anything about my passion for ocean life and mermaids and stuff. I'm a bit of a shy 15-year-old girl who doesn't know yet how to fulfill her dreams. So I don't have a tail or tops and accessoires. The only thing I own is a sea-decorated bedroom with a lots of blue and shells. And a secret playlist about metmaids on Youtube ofc haha. How about you?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

MermaidLiara
02-22-2017, 04:33 AM
Hi there,

Perhaps your parents will be more positive than you expect. I moved out to my own place nearly seven years ago, and it didn't really occur to me to tell them about mermaiding, but they found out through facebook anyway. And they LOVED it. They keep asking for pics. They show them to their colleagues. Omg...

I have a fabric tail from Mermaid Kat Shop (a German store). The color is red. I have a self made top with lilies and starfish and pearl chains. Loved making it. I love to swim with my tail, it just feels so amazing.

Perhaps you could come to a mermaid meeting sometime under the pretense of meeting friends. You can borrow one of our tails, and try it out. We have a Facebook group for mermaids from the Benelux, it's called 'Dutch Mermaids'. Sometimes we organize meetings for this fb group. You're more than welcome to join sometime!

StellaMaris
02-22-2017, 05:12 AM
Hi there,

Perhaps your parents will be more positive than you expect. I moved out to my own place nearly seven years ago, and it didn't really occur to me to tell them about mermaiding, but they found out through facebook anyway. And they LOVED it. They keep asking for pics. They show them to their colleagues. Omg...

I have a fabric tail from Mermaid Kat Shop (a German store). The color is red. I have a self made top with lilies and starfish and pearl chains. Loved making it. I love to swim with my tail, it just feels so amazing.

Perhaps you could come to a mermaid meeting sometime under the pretense of meeting friends. You can borrow one of our tails, and try it out. We have a Facebook group for mermaids from the Benelux, it's called 'Dutch Mermaids'. Sometimes we organize meetings for this fb group. You're more than welcome to join sometime!

That would we awesome!! Still I don't think my parents would take it serious (espacially my dad). I'm also a writer of fantasy and scifi stories, so they know of my creative mind. But I suppose my dad would call it childish. Maybe I can persuade them when I buy a monofin... I think it's just not the time yet.

And I would love to join the FB Dutch Mermaids! Sometimes I really have the need to talk about this and have others around me who understand me. But, if I join the FB group would my friends don't see it? For me, the step is too big right now to tell the world about my obsession I think so.

MermaidLiara
02-22-2017, 05:22 AM
Nope, it is a 'besloten groep', your facebook friends will not be able to see that you joined, don't worry :)

Buying a monofin as a starter is a good idea. I recommend a bigger monofin. It's much more fun to swim with a bigger monofin. Many fabric tail sellers have monofins in their tails that are too small. In my opinion that takes away a lot of the fun!

StellaMaris
02-22-2017, 05:27 AM
Nope, it is a 'besloten groep', your facebook friends will not be able to see that you joined, don't worry :)

Buying a monofin as a starter is a good idea. I recommend a bigger monofin. It's much more fun to swim with a bigger monofin. Many fabric tail sellers have monofins in their tails that are too small. In my opinion that takes away a lot of the fun!

Thank god, that's a relief. When the summer comes, I'm going to search for monofins and maybe I'll go to the swimming pool every morning when it's not so busy with people. Do you recommend some brands for monofins?

MermaidLiara
02-22-2017, 05:36 AM
I recommend this one: http://www.mermaidkatshop.com/product-category/mono-fins/

And yes, that is a fairly average price for a monofin...

Perhaps you can make your own fabric tail with that monofin later on!

StellaMaris
02-22-2017, 06:00 AM
I recommend this one: http://www.mermaidkatshop.com/product-category/mono-fins/

And yes, that is a fairly average price for a monofin...

Perhaps you can make your own fabric tail with that monofin later on!

Those are great monofins! I keep them in mind for the summer... And yes, I read here and there about people making their own tail/monofin. But I thought only people with a professional company are able to make tails out of silicone and such materials because they have molds and the right tools. But neoprene seems easier..

Mermaid Jaffa
02-22-2017, 08:34 AM
I got this recently. It has nice propulsion and is slightly smaller than an adult merfin.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Comfortable-TPE-Mermaid-Swim-Fins-Feet-Flipper-Swimming-Diving-Tail-For-Adult-/192000110144?var&hash=item2cb4192e40%3Am%3Am28HllFF0I2JVZviR9F5xXw

StellaMaris
02-22-2017, 10:17 AM
That's also a great choice if I want a cheaper monofin! Oh btw, I've sent a request to the Dutch Mermaids FB group. Can't wait to be part of it!

Mermaid Fenicia
02-22-2017, 02:57 PM
I love my Triton monofin (the same as in Kat's tails), but if you feet are bigger that EU-size 38, you'll need a Hydra (same EU-brand only bigger feet-size and a bigger blade) ;) you can buy them here: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/so-dive/393/m

StellaMaris
02-22-2017, 05:35 PM
I love my Triton monofin (the same as in Kat's tails), but if you feet are bigger that EU-size 38, you'll need a Hydra (same EU-brand only bigger feet-size and a bigger blade) ;) you can buy them here: https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/so-dive/393/m

Thank you! I only see a difference in the fin between the Hydra of Mermaid Kat and the one of the Scuba Store. Kat's one is more mermaid-shaped. But that So Dive Maori is also greatt ❤️

Mermaid Fenicia
02-23-2017, 02:56 AM
I have 2 Triton monofins, a yellow one that I use for practice and in my fabric tails and a clear one that is in my silicon tail ;) A clear Hydra is on it's way to use in a silicon tail that I going to make for a friend ;)

StellaMaris
02-23-2017, 04:50 AM
I have 2 Triton monofins, a yellow one that I use for practice and in my fabric tails and a clear one that is in my silicon tail ;) A clear Hydra is on it's way to use in a silicon tail that I going to make for a friend ;)

For example, I'm going to buy a monofin. The Triton has the sizes 34-38 and the Hydra 39-43. I fluctuate between 38 and 39, so which one should I choose based on your own experiences?

Mermaid Fenicia
02-23-2017, 02:23 PM
If you can come over to me, you can try both as I have both here at the moment ;) the Hydra will go into a silicone tail. I also have both finis wave and rapid ;)

StellaMaris
02-23-2017, 04:12 PM
If you can come over to me, you can try both as I have both here at the moment ;) the Hydra will go into a silicone tail. I also have both finis wave and rapid ;)

That's a great idea! I really want to try your monofins, it's so kind of you. But to come over all the way to Belgium is a bit too far for me. I live near Rotterdam. Maybe we can keep a date in mind on which we (and other mermaids) can meet each other?

Mermaid Lilija
02-23-2017, 04:32 PM
That's a great idea! I really want to try your monofins, it's so kind of you. But to come over all the way to Belgium is a bit too far for me. I live near Rotterdam. Maybe we can keep a date in mind on which we (and other mermaids) can meet each other?

Sounds so much fun!!!
:swoon: a mer meet up with belgian & dutch mermaids :swoon:

Mermaid Fenicia
02-24-2017, 03:02 AM
I'll be at different conventions and events in the Netherlands, but by then the Hydra is in a silicone tail. You always can try my other monofins ;) And I like to go to a meet sometimes as I can't go to the mermaid Monday at Beringen every 3th Monday of the month :(

MermaidLiara
02-24-2017, 03:16 AM
For example, I'm going to buy a monofin. The Triton has the sizes 34-38 and the Hydra 39-43. I fluctuate between 38 and 39, so which one should I choose based on your own experiences?

Good question. I guess I'd pick the 39-43 if I were you. IF it turns out to be too big, you can always wear neoprene socks in your foot pockets, many mers do that.

A monofin that is too tight is very uncomfortable to wear and causes painful blisters!

Also, since you're only 15, your feet might grow a little more :)

StellaMaris
02-24-2017, 05:42 AM
Good question. I guess I'd pick the 39-43 if I were you. IF it turns out to be too big, you can always wear neoprene socks in your foot pockets, many mers do that.

A monofin that is too tight is very uncomfortable to wear and causes painful blisters!

Also, since you're only 15, your feet might grow a little more :)

You have a point. I keep the seize 39-43 in mind. Still I think it would be nice to test some monofins when we can meet each other.

MermaidLana
03-03-2017, 04:29 PM
I'm from the Netherlands, Rotterdam! We have a pool here, "De Fakkel". They accept mermaid tails! I swim there all the time!

MermaidLana
03-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Same! I bought my mermaid tail from AlieXpress, here's the link, it's cheap, and it's good. I don't know you're age, but I bought on efrom the adult size!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32780618800/32780618800.html?shortkey=JjaaMJNB&addresstype=600

I'd buy it on the app, it's cheaper that way!

MermaidLana
03-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Omg that sound's so much fun! I'd come, thats for sure!

Mermaid Lieke
04-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Hi mers,

I just wanted to let you know that I opened a shop with silicone mermaid tops and shells. So If you need them/want them you can buy them close to home now.

---> link: http://bit.ly/2fB4GKB <-----

And if you want to recieve updates on my shop, you can subscribe to the thread about my shop: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?14153-A-Splash-of-Magic-European-shop-on-Etsy&highlight=european

Hope to sea you soon

mermaidrobynn
04-06-2017, 06:55 AM
Ahhh if you were Dutch I could use Ideal to pay T_T still amazing though!

Mermaid Lieke
04-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Ahhh if you were Dutch I could use Ideal to pay T_T still amazing though!
You can choose 'other' as payment option and send the money via wire transfer (overschrijving)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

mermaidrobynn
04-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Ohhh that would work! Once I'm done with my tail I'll definitely check this out then!

Mermaid Lieke
04-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see it!

Mermaid Fenicia
04-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Lily: Do you have a picture of the inside of the shell?

Mermaid Lieke
04-07-2017, 05:44 AM
Lily: Do you have a picture of the inside of the shell?
I don't I can make it tonight. But they are hollow if that is what you would like to know

Mermaid Fenicia
04-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Ok :)

HamptonsMermaid
04-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Do you know Davina Petzel? She was Miss Mermaid Belgium at Miss Mermaid International and won the sash for Miss Mermaid Europe. I don't think she has a Mernetwork account but she's on Facebook and her Instagram is @davina_petzel. Many of the Miss Mermaids came from the Modeling/Pageant world but I'll try to get more of them linked up on here :)

MermaidLiara
01-23-2018, 04:15 AM
Anyone going to the Mermates convention in Belgium? I'm going both days ^^ https://www.facebook.com/MermatesEU/

Mermaid Fenicia
01-23-2018, 06:53 AM
I will be there on Saturday only, together with my partner ;)

Mermaid Lilija
01-23-2018, 12:55 PM
I will with my boyfriend, but only on saturday. :D

MermaidLiara
01-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Awesome you guys! I will be there on both days :) I am looking forward to meeting you!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Sam is here
08-11-2018, 09:28 AM
zuid holland? ik ook :D

MermaidLiara
08-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Ik woon in West Gelderland :) nét niet in provincie Utrecht.

Aodhamair
09-03-2018, 05:59 AM
Hello fellow Low Country mers, I have just joined the forum and will have my first mermaid lesson next Sunday. I am beyond excited, I have wanted to do this for ages! I live in Dirkshorn and will have to travel 2 hours for my introduction class in Groningen (that is fine for one time but not really doable weekly).
Question to you fellow Dutch mermaids do you know of lessons/ places to practice for adult mermaids in Noord-Holland per chance?

I am seriously considering signing up for the course in Zeist if I don't find anything closer because it looks awesome!

Thanks!

Asana
10-28-2018, 05:49 AM
Hey fellow mers,

I can see that the waters in this thread have been still for a while now, but why not give it a go.
I am a pretty new mermaid from (near) Rotterdam. I woud love to meet mers, have my first swim.. Meet? And make some new friends. 😊

SeaWing
10-30-2018, 09:57 AM
Hey! More Dutchmers/Belgium mers are always welcome in the pod. I'm from Eindhoven and swim in the pool there regularly, for fun, training or to play with the kids. I'm also at Todi regularly and going to the Mermates convention next year :)

Asana
10-30-2018, 03:04 PM
That sound great! Haven't found a nice pool here yet. Still looking :)
I woud love to go to Todi next time. Are you going in november UmbraLuna? I'm still checking my schedule to see if I can come (and join). I woud really love to!

SeaWing
10-31-2018, 05:55 AM
That sound great! Haven't found a nice pool here yet. Still looking :)
I woud love to go to Todi next time. Are you going in november UmbraLuna? I'm still checking my schedule to see if I can come (and join). I woud really love to!

I won't be going to Todi until next year sadly, I am too busy with setting up my silicone tail business thingy, making fluke molds, scale sheet molds etc, plus a fulltime job and parttime school :p

Asana
10-31-2018, 04:52 PM
Oofff, buzy birdy. That's to bad, that you are not able to go, but making Tails sounds like fun too!

Asana
11-01-2018, 05:01 AM
Busy, I meant busy xD

serid13
05-20-2022, 07:15 AM
Hello fellow Low Country mers, I have just joined the forum and will have my first mermaid lesson next Sunday. I am beyond excited, I have wanted to do this for ages! I live in Dirkshorn and will have to travel 2 hours for my introduction class in Groningen (that is fine for one time but not really doable weekly).
Question to you fellow Dutch mermaids do you know of lessons/ places to practice for adult mermaids in Noord-Holland per chance?

I am seriously considering signing up for the course in Zeist if I don't find anything closer because it looks awesome!

Thanks!

Hi, I live in Waarland, that's quite near Dirkshorn, the swimming pool of Waarland is very positive about mermaids, and from May until the end of summer, open daily as well for swimming during the day as evening swimming. Ik know this is an old topic, but I decided to check it for Dutch mers, as I'm new here, and it's always nice meeting likeminded souls, right?