PDA

View Full Version : Buying a full silicone mertailor tail or not?

Mermaid Lilija
01-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Hi!
I was about to buy a full silicone tail from mertailor, only a day away from ordering I discovered the past of their tails but only can find bad reviews that date back to 2012,2013,2014. I don't really know if I want to buy a tail from them anymore after reading these, but I love his designs so I first want to know from you guys if he is improved or still sh*t as described in the reviews. I can only find recent reviews on the basic tails and most of them are good... so maybe a little advice? and if so maybe another tailmaker with a budget of $3000?

If you guys want to know I wanted to order the phoenix fluke because I really loved the design and it was just the one were I was dreaming from. But now I'm just scared and I really want to know now when I can still change my thought.

MermaidCelesteFL
01-08-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm proud of you for doing your homework before rushing into such a big purchase! Ultimately, the decision is up to you. I don't personally own a Mertailor tail, but I have heard nothing but negative feedback on most of their tails. I got my most recent silicone tail (and future tails) from Mernation, and not only are their tails comfortable and durable, but their customer service is phenomenal!

Other silicone tailmakers with great reviews and quality products include Finfolk and Mermaid Kariel. There is a link to tailmakers and reviews here. (http://mernetwork.com/index/content.php?133-mermaid-tailmakers)

Mermaid Fenicia
01-08-2017, 09:43 AM
I made mine ;) and I am going to make one for a friend next ;)

Mermaid Lilija
01-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Thought about it again and looked a bit more around not only here but youtube, other forums, etc... Only negative things about mertailor :/ a few positive. Now considering a mernation tail. They were one of my first choices until I saw the phoenix fluke from mertailor haha but what are you with something that doesn't fit you properly!

Haha wanted to make one by myself also. But I'm such a perfectionist and I know something like that isn't good the first time so it would go horrible wrong with me! :lol: Also got
little time to do so it would be in a rush or it will lay around a few weeks or even months :lol: I know myself too well

Mermaid Tami
01-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Check out Mermaid Kariel's Tails of Art! She is a dream to work with!!!! www.mermaidkariel.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravity Falls
01-10-2017, 10:49 AM
I would totally go for MerNation if you wanted a shorter wait time! I don't suggest MerTailor for a silicone tail at all. His fabric tails are pretty alright though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mer Coralia
01-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Considering you like the Phoenix of Mertailor, you may like the Khaleesi and/or Athena of Mernation or the Lotus of Finfolk. They're both similar flukes, though I think both are slightly smaller; no idea on side comparison. From what I've seen, Kariel doesn't have any big wide spiky flukes, more Little Mermaid Ariel or fish-like, though you can always do a custom fluke from any of the three (though it does up in price). If that's the kind of fluke design you'd like to go for; obviously they have other options. You'll get a shorter time wait and faster responses from Mernation but more fluke choices and in my opinion better blending from Finfolk; though Mernation has gotten better.

I personally would not touch anything Mertailor, even though they do have cute swimsuits. From what I find, they tend to have more cons than pros opposed to other three three listed above.

MermaidNerenia
01-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Kudos on doing your research first! You did a great job looking into things really well before jumping in fins first.

I would recommend taking a look at Kariel's tails, Mernation and Finfolk.

I owned a latex mertailor tail back in the day and wasn't happy with it or the service I was given. I have seen nothing but poor reviews since.

Mermaid Lilija
01-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Update;

I ordered a tail from seethroughsea! :) This is my design! My birth country is Finland so I mixed the flag colors in my tail also I love the cold and wanted an ice/snow fantasy tail (and i have blue hair and dyed my eyebrows blue so this fits just perfectly haha:lol:)!
so here it is!

Mermaid Summerlilly
01-22-2017, 06:25 PM
This looks amazing! Good for you!

Sepharina
01-28-2017, 06:32 PM
:o *drools*

SeeThroughSea is amazing!
I'm glad you found out which tail-maker you liked!
Your tail template is really spectacular , you have a very creative imagination , us the Finland flag mixed in is a very nice touch!And you nailed the snow look!
One question though , is your dorsal custom? It reminds me of a angler fish , but I don't know what all SeeThroughSea offers though :)
(Maybe we should call you Ice Queen now ? Haha.)

Mermaid Lilija
01-29-2017, 05:02 AM
:o *drools*

SeeThroughSea is amazing!
I'm glad you found out which tail-maker you liked!
Your tail template is really spectacular , you have a very creative imagination , us the Finland flag mixed in is a very nice touch!And you nailed the snow look!
One question though , is your dorsal custom? It reminds me of a angler fish , but I don't know what all SeeThroughSea offers though :)
(Maybe we should call you Ice Queen now ? Haha.)

Thank you! en no the dorsal isn't custom :) you can check my small diary that i'm making now there's all the info in it! ;) http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?14497-Ordering-a-tail-from-SeeThroughSea!

and sounds nice! Although my name "Lilija" means "snow" already :D

Mermaid Kailani
02-07-2017, 01:33 PM
I too have been considering buying from the Mertailor (Basic Silicone) I am in love with his Russet Red color and the price too. I really would prefer too but from Mernation, but their price for a basic silicone tail too much for me. I am only interested in a basic silicone tail at this point in my life. Any advise on the Basic Silicone tail from Mertailor?

Gravity Falls
02-07-2017, 06:38 PM
I too have been considering buying from the Mertailor (Basic Silicone) I am in love with his Russet Red color and the price too. I really would prefer too but from Mernation, but their price for a basic silicone tail too much for me. I am only interested in a basic silicone tail at this point in my life. Any advise on the Basic Silicone tail from Mertailor?
(Hello!)

I talked to a girl on instagram a couple weeks ago about her basic MerTailor tail, and she said that her's is very baggy, even though she sent exact measurements (this seems to be a reoccurring trend with his tails). As well as the paint job being not so good. She attempted to send the tail back so he could fix it, but he ended up sending it back to her with a note that said, "nothing's wrong with it." Basically blaming her.

His tails stretch over time as well. So I don't suggest it. I haven't ever even read an actual good review on his basic silicone tails.

JadeSparrow
02-16-2017, 01:50 AM
Despite reading many bad reviews, I still wanted to get a basic silicone tail from him because it's the most affordable for me. I sent the Mertailor a message on FB asking about the basic tail but when I heard back from them, they didn't answer a single question which threw me off. If the communication is already bad, I don't expect it to get any better when I have problems and I don't want to risk that.