PDA

View Full Version : New Etsy, LOTS of goodies

SireniaSolaris
02-17-2012, 11:56 PM
So I've got my little mer-store up. Check it out:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SireniaSolaris

There are hair clips, jewelry, and some other fun stuff. Enjoy.

Here are some pics of some of my personal favorites:

;)

Mermaid Saphira
02-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I had no idea you were selling tails and I just spent $$ on one already.... :p

SireniaSolaris
02-19-2012, 06:30 AM
New thing. And I figured I'd only do it through Etsy because with the baby and all, I only want to take one order at a time. If I just have an Etsy listing, that should keep things a little more orderly as opposed to avertising on my mer-site or something. Notice I didn't even mention the tail in the original post - mostly advertising the hair clips and accessories. :p

Belated tail sale is also due to the testing time. I never wanted to sell any poor quality items.

For example, my old fabric tail - while it was nice for a fabric tail, it faded in pool water, the occasionally placed sequins wore tiny holes in the spandex, and overall it just didn't hold up too nicely. I wouldn't want to put my name to that. The neoprene tail occasionally needs some paint touch ups if any scrapes happen, but otherwise it has been holding up wonderfully with a lot of use. So that's one that I would make for others. Once my silicone tail is finished, I'd have to use that one quite a bit to make sure I'd make that for someone else, too, and so forth with any "types" of tails I make.

A few years down the line I will probably be offering (if all tails work out well) the Neoprene tails, Silicone, and Sequin tails (maybe - those are stupidly labor intensive). I don't want to make latex tails, only because talking to people who have had latex tails, they do break down and become brittle, and I'd rather own something that will last much longer, hence the more sturdy materials. And if I can make something here and there for other people, then that'll be nice. I enjoy making things. :)

What tail did you just order? I'm curious :) So many people on here have such neat and unique tails. I love it! <3

Mermaid Saphira
02-19-2012, 08:15 AM
^ Well thats good that you want to make sure your product is top notch! I didn't order a tail just the fabric to make my newest one..a gold tail :) good luck!!

SireniaSolaris
02-24-2012, 12:24 PM
My shell top seems to be a favorite. One order about done, so the listing is back up to take another order :)

Mermaid Photine
02-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Pardon me while I go stop drooling. Your work is great!

Nim
03-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Beautiful! :3

SireniaSolaris
03-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Aw, thanks, guys :)