PDA

View Full Version : Sony HandyCam Trouble

Mermaid Saphira
02-19-2012, 06:07 PM
So i just got the neatest camera, a sony handycam!! I love it so much! I have recorded a make up tutorial for you mers, but I can't figure out how to upload the video!! I would put in the SD card but it is so tiny I already lost it once to the computer's SD slot (had to pull it out with tweezers :P). I tried the built in USB port (hoping it would work) but it ends up uploading every single logo on my camera...Do any of you have this camera? Can you help? THANX :)

malinghi
02-19-2012, 11:06 PM
With most digital cameras you can transfer files either with an SD card, or with a cable that connects to a USB port. Your camera should probably come with a cable for doing that.

Also, SD cards come in different sizes. If you have a miniSD or microSD card, you can buy an adapter that allows it to go in a larger slot, or adapters that connect to USB ports.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/SD_Cards.svghttp://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P10719872.jpg

malinghi
02-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Oh, crap, you already mentioned using the USB thing. I don't know how I missed that. So when you connect it via USB, it doesn't just open a folder in your file browser that you can copy and paste stuff from?

Mermaid Saphira
02-19-2012, 11:14 PM
nope, it says "would you like to begin uploading now?" or something like that :p

Mermaid Saphira
02-19-2012, 11:22 PM
With most digital cameras you can transfer files either with an SD card, or with a cable that connects to a USB port. Your camera should probably come with a cable for doing that.

Also, SD cards come in different sizes. If you have a miniSD or microSD card, you can buy an adapter that allows it to go in a larger slot, or adapters that connect to USB ports.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/SD_Cards.svghttp://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P10719872.jpg

I have one like the tiny black one...

Mermaid Saphira
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I am going to try and get a picture (using my moms camera) of my SD card 2morrow

Mermaid Saphira
07-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Here it is, my little SD card...

It looks like it's been through the ringer because I had to use a knife to get it out of my SD slot O_o

Spindrift
07-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Don't you just push in the card into the slot deeper to make it pop back out?

Azurin Luna
07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
That's not and sd card, so it won't fit there, if you have a multi card reader in your pc, then you should stick it in the pro duo slot. I have the Sony handy cam and I had an cd with it with programs to get it of your cam to your pc via USB connection. I will look it up when I'm home again

Mermaid Saphira
07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
I tried the USB connection, but it uploaded any software I had on the camera onto my desktop...not files or anything pop up O_O

Azurin Luna
07-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Did you install the program you got with your HandyCam? Cause I had an Extra Cd with mine, it installed Sony Picture Utility. Everytime I plugin the USB cable and press USB connect on the Cam it pops up asking me to download the movies I made with the camera or not.
Also here is the difference between and SD and an Pro DUO stick... not to make you sound stupid though, never meant to do that.
4808 The top one is a Pro DUO card.

Here is also an image of the multicard reader:
It shows the different slots for both cards.

Mermaid Saphira
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
It never asks me if I want to upload movies, it doesn't even ecknowledge that the USB port is plugged in!!

Mermaid Saphira
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
I know nothing about the installment thingy u mentioned..my dad is the camera smart person in this family and I can't get ahold of him :p

Spindrift
07-26-2012, 12:27 PM
It never asks me if I want to upload movies, it doesn't even ecknowledge that the USB port is plugged in!!
Perhaps drivers need to be installed?

Capt Nemo
08-05-2012, 12:18 AM
You probably need a video editor that supports your camera. Like Sony Vegas.

New York Mermaid
08-05-2012, 02:41 AM
have you tried putting it into the slot, and opening the computer window find the name of the card ,open it and it should be either in the DCIM or the SD_Video >PRG001

Mermaid Saphira
08-05-2012, 10:27 AM
It seems as though the people my dad bought the camera from have lied. They said that memory sticks were the only things that would work inthe came. Turns out that any regular old SD card will fit and work just fine! Yay! problem solved thanX for the help everymer :)

Nasro
04-11-2024, 04:29 AM
Hi all. Guys, can you recommend a USB port that will allow me to connect several devices at the same time? Can you recommend ways to determine the appropriate port and its location on my device?

Teresty
04-11-2024, 04:30 AM
Hello! I use the USBoNET (https://www.usbonet.com/) port to connect multiple devices at the same time. This port provides an excellent opportunity to expand the functionality of my device. To find its location, first look on the back of your computer or laptop. If it is not there, then run your eyes along the front panel or along the sides. In case of difficulties, you can always contact the user manual or the device manufacturer for additional information. Hope this helps you find the right port for your needs!