PDA

View Full Version : Merman Helichrysum

Helichrysum
01-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Hail to you, merfolk.

My name is Helichrysum and I am a baby merman but a long-time fan of everything merfolk-like! The Little Mermaid (the original Andersen of course) has always been my favourite story, although I also love the Disney movie, and don't even get me started on all the mythology mer-related.
It did not occur to me before that there could have been such a huge mer-network existing! I should have known that in America you can simply find everything.

Well, I am about to buy my own very first tail. I need an advice from you more experienced merpeople!
I'm definitely going for a silicone tail. The question, of course, is: where to buy it from? I am willing to spend around 600$ on it and it would have to be delivered to Italy.

So far the best option seems the basic tang silicone Mertailor tail, but the thing that annoys me is that I can't see on the website a clear picture of how the product looks like when I select the colour I want. How can there not be a full photoshoot of an item which is 600$? And, from what I have understood, the picture on the page does not even look like the real tail itself. What if I find out I don't like the final product once I've already bought it?

Hence I wanted to ask if you have a better recommendation on where to buy it or if you have any pictures of a basic tang silicone tail in Silver or Gold colour. And that leads me to my second question:

What colour? I just can't make up my mind (although some clear pictures would surely help)!
At first I thought about gold because Helichrysum is the name I chose for my merman character and it's a plant that grows by the sea in my homeland which has the most wonderful of scents and whose golden flowers are everlasting, so gold seemed to be the most obvious choice.
But then I thought that gold would probably mix a bit too much with the sand colour and would not make enough contrast, hence silver might be a better choice: it resembles the foam's colour and would look gorgeous on the shore. It's also the colour of the majority of fish in the sea, there must be a reason for it. But what about the classic Ariel green? After all I am a Little Mermaid fan... I also though of mixing these colours but then the price would go up.

I JUST CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND! Please, experienced, wise, mighty merfolk lend me your tentacles!
Lots of love to all of you TURTEly FINtastic souls.

PS: my profile picture is an amazing Mertailor product which I had the honour to wear at a casting call. It was in that occasion that I got to know about real life merfolk. I did not get the show, but the monster was born...

Mermaid Tula
01-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Welcome to mernetwork! I can't say much about silicone tails as I've only made my own fabric tail. Also it really depends on how much experience you have with swimming with a tail. Most beginners start with a fabric or neoprene tail, or a partial silicone since a full silicone tail is heavier. There's a thread on here that has some recommendations on first tails. http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?7106

There are some awesome gold tails out there. Though I think silver and green would look really nice together.

Helichrysum
01-27-2017, 06:36 AM
Thanks a lot :)
I have checked the link out and it's just what I needed ;)

and I agree, silver and green would look awesome!