PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there? [FLORIDA AND ETC. MERS]

Rebela Hunter
01-26-2017, 09:37 PM
I haven't heard much from the Pod of the South on here in a long time!

I finally got a tail and now I'd like to try and use it!
Any mers up for a meet-up sometime?

Slim
01-26-2017, 09:59 PM
I haven't heard much from the Pod of the South on here in a long time!

I finally got a tail and now I'd like to try and use it!
Any mers up for a meet-up sometime?

I would like to meet up one day. I haven't got my niece and I tail yet. I'll be ordering her tail by the end of next week at the latest. I'm from Lakeland, FL. I can always call and find out if Kelly Rec is mer-friendly. MermaidCelesteFL did mention there is a gym near Celebration that charges $10 for the day that has an indoor pool. I'm sure I can always talk them into letting the tail to be used there.

-Jay

Rebela Hunter
01-27-2017, 12:27 AM
I'm in Lakeland, too! I'd love to meet up, for sure! That's awesome. :)

I tried calling the YMCA near here, but the lady who runs it could care less about getting back to me.
Kelly Rec and Gandy Pool [Simpson Pool is closed until "summer"] are good ones that I was thinking about calling, but for some reason, on Lakeland's website, they said Kelly Rec doesn't have a pool? I'm guessing they do, if you're aware of it. :)

Nice to meet you!

Slim
01-27-2017, 12:44 AM
I'm in Lakeland, too! I'd love to meet up, for sure! That's awesome. :)

I tried calling the YMCA near here, but the lady who runs it could care less about getting back to me.
Kelly Rec and Gandy Pool [Simpson Pool is closed until "summer"] are good ones that I was thinking about calling, but for some reason, on Lakeland's website, they said Kelly Rec doesn't have a pool? I'm guessing they do, if you're aware of it. :)

Nice to meet you!

Gandy Pool is shares the same parking lot as Kelly Rec. I just always consider the whole thing as Kelly Rec. YMCA is too expensive with their $55/month membership and no day pass. It would be cheaper to drive to Celebration and use the indoor pool. How I was thinking about asking if mermaiding is allowed is asking if Monofin can be used. At least there wouldn't be a no from them being uncertain. I sent you a message through facebook using the link from your profile.

Rebela Hunter
01-27-2017, 12:53 AM
Gandy Pool is shares the same parking lot as Kelly Rec. I just always consider the whole thing as Kelly Rec. YMCA is too expensive with their $55/month membership and no day pass. It would be cheaper to drive to Celebration and use the indoor pool. How I was thinking about asking if mermaiding is allowed is asking if Monofin can be used. At least there wouldn't be a no from them being uncertain. I sent you a message through facebook using the link from your profile.

Oh, okay then, awesome! :)

MermaidCelesteFL
01-31-2017, 03:46 PM
Hey there! I'm not on MN much, but just wanted to drop in and say hi! I'm technically located in Davenport/Clermont, but around here, everything is considered Orlando. I am totally game for a meet up, and I'd love to take you guys out to the springs sometime!

Rebela Hunter
01-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Hey there! I'm not on MN much, but just wanted to drop in and say hi! I'm technically located in Davenport/Clermont, but around here, everything is considered Orlando. I am totally game for a meet up, and I'd love to take you guys out to the springs sometime!

Heyo! <3
Nice to meet you!!!
I'd love to meet up sometime, for sure! I have a facebook if that's easier for you to get in contact with me when you have a chance to hang out with me and Slim!
[It's just Rebela Hunter on FB!]

Have a wonderful day! <3

Slim
01-31-2017, 03:59 PM
That would be so awesome. Can I please join?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MermaidCelesteFL
01-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Sure! I don't believe in leaving anybody out!

Slim
01-31-2017, 04:11 PM
Thank you [emoji3] I literally screamed like a girl a work reading that out of excitement. My coworkers are looking at me like did I really do that.

Slim
01-31-2017, 04:12 PM
You are one my bigger influence on wanting to go mermaiding because how graceful you are.

MermaidCelesteFL
01-31-2017, 04:19 PM
You are one my bigger influence on wanting to go mermaiding because how graceful you are.

Awww!! You flatter! :)

thatotakugalaxy
02-21-2017, 03:27 PM
hi, i'm from jacksonville, i was wondering if i can join yall in the meetup..? I'm still new to the mermaid thing as i've only been in it for a year, but i LOVE mermaids and i wanna meet fellow mer's xD