PDA

View Full Version : What lip stick should I use for my underwater photo shoot?

mollythemermaid
01-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Are there any brands that you guys recommend to make sure my lipstick doesn't come off while I am swimming?

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
M

Slim
01-30-2017, 04:28 PM
I think I might be expected as the last person to answer this question however I kept all my connection in retail so I was actually able to get an answer to this. A couple of the dolphin trainers at SeaWorld Orlando buys MAC makeup (it's a brand) http://www.maccosmetics.com/. They do have a waterproof line and it does last all day on the trainer. They operate as a vendor in Belks here in the south. The MAC lady inside the store I work will ship free and can take orders over the phone. I will always suggest to look around and do your research. She is aware of the mermaiding community so I can provide her location phone number if you have question. I'm the cleaning and stock guy in that store so I get no credit for recommending btw. Hopefully that helps you out.

Mermaid Tula
02-03-2017, 01:29 AM
I've used Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour lipstick https://www.maybelline.com/lip-makeup/lip-color/super-stay-24-lip-color a few times. It's mostly in reds and pinks, though they do have some purples. Stila, makeup forever and Nyx also have some long wear waterproof lippies too. One thing you can try is going to Ulta or Sephora and talk to the workers there and ask them about waterproof lip color that will last through chlorinated, salt and fresh water.

mollythemermaid
02-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Thank you!

I will try those out. Someone suggested Lipsense. Have you ever heard of it?

M

Lilyrose Fish
02-03-2017, 08:34 PM
I use cover girl outlast lip color. It is about $7 at Target. It lasts all day, in the pool, eating, etc. If I am swimming I don't use the tube of gloss that comes with it. It makes your lips feel a little sticky at first so maybe not the creamiest , luscious lip stain, but it really lasts for me.

Mermaid Whisper
02-03-2017, 11:40 PM
I use NYX, both the liquid suede and the Full Throttle. First is a liquid, second is an actual lipstick! Tons of fun colors and some basic ones, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashton
06-03-2017, 07:53 PM
I use OCC, you need to let it dry first but once it is you can do anything in it!

Mermaid Sabie
06-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Yes to the Lipsense! I started using it in December and I'm in love [emoji7]

Sea~Phoenix Savannah
06-11-2017, 12:44 AM
Sephora Collection's Liquid Lip Stain (it's a liquid lipstick) is amazing! It's water-proof, smudge-proof and to a certain degree even food-proof! I love it so much.