PDA

View Full Version : Florida mermaid meetup

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 02:32 AM
Hello, im planning a meetup for the mermaids of florida! This is NOT an official event, but just something i set up with a friend! Look at this if interested

Date held: march 29th 2017

Place: de leon springs, FL

Time: 1-5PM

Address: 601 Ponce Deleon Blvd, De Leon Springs, FL 32130

There is food places near, but i recommend just to bring a packed lunch, or eat before. I only plan for about 3-5 people, but if we can get more then that would be great!

Warning to sillicone tails, if your coming, just keep you and your precious sillicone tail safe from the ground as theres rocks.

the de leon can be very fun, but if your inexperienced with your tail, i recommend getting in with monofin first and testing it out before putting a tail skin on:3

Entry to the park is $6 dollars per car, so just have a bit of money on you. I keep $23 dollars on me whenever i go to de leon, the reason being is that there is a delicious pancake breakfast place just near the springs where i get dinner if i stay after :3 delicious food and its cheap!

$6.00 per vehicle: 2-8 people

$4.00 per vehicle: one person only

$4.00 per motorcycle

$2.00 per person for pedestrians, bicyclists and extra passengers

There is a hole which goes about 30 feet deep, so please be careful if you go into it without gear.
Theres also alot of moss and if your like me, moss is a mortal enemy xD

My last thing before finishing, do not go down the stairs to put your tail on, put the tail on while sitting at the wall and jump off the wall. Its very hard to get in from the steps, and the jump from the wall is only about 2-3 feet from the water.

With all being said, if i forgot anything, just tell me!:3 all ages and everyone can attend! I will respond to as many comments on here that i can.

Rebela Hunter
02-22-2017, 03:45 AM
Oh my gosh yes !!!
I'll definitely try to go :D

I'll be getting my silicone tail within a few weeks, so hopefully I can have it by then! If not, I have my neat-o Fin Fun tail too C:

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Congrats rebela! I hope to see you there:3 im really excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Also ADDRESS IS WRONG XD IM FIXING NOW

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:48 AM
Fixed

Rebela Hunter
02-22-2017, 03:51 AM
I've been wanting to have a meet-up with another mer [other than my good pal Slim] for so long now !!! :D
Thank you so much for starting one up ;u;

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:52 AM
I plan to do a ton more this year!!!:D i wanted to do one a month O: and even mermaid races! I have so many idea's;3

Rebela Hunter
02-22-2017, 03:56 AM
Be sure to post about them! I'll try to go to as many as I can ;)
I like in Lakeland, between Tampa and Orlando, so I might only be able to meet ups occasionally, but I'd love to have another Florida mer friend! C:

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:58 AM
I can plan them closer!:3 also, i would love to be your mer friend:D tbh, i've been looking for friends who like the things i do for so long.. so finally finding mernetwork a few days ago, i've been all over it xD

Rebela Hunter
02-22-2017, 04:01 AM
That'd be nice, but it's not required :blush: And yay! :D I love new friendos !
I'm glad you could find some people like you! It's really awesome, this forum, because it's so supportive and helpful !
Are you planning to go pro, or just a recreational mer?

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 04:05 AM
Yay!!:3

Im not sure to be honest, im so young xD i doubt i would be pro at my age, so i may become a pro when im in my older years, but for now im just doing it because whenever i swim, i'll be honest, i get a feeling of fantasy, magic, and i love that!! I never get that in the real world.. but i just love being a partial mermaid! xD

Slim
02-22-2017, 01:41 PM
Rebela, we need to carpool. I want and will try to go to this soo much. The thing is Galaxy is you are going to go pro if you want too. This is an insane well detail planning that I could never pull off at my age and I pride myself on how I will go pro with a plan. You left nothing out of detail. Plus I think you could help me out greatly with figuring out the equalizing pressure for the ears. I can go 12 feet before feeling pressure and I got a good minute breathehold.

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:10 PM
Thank you so much! Thats nice But keep in mind that its very hard for me to swim 20 feet deep, the pressure on my body is the thing that hurts, not just my head.. but i can help you with ways to equalize better:3

PS. I couldn't even swim 10 feet until my tail came so swimming 12 feet is good.

Slim
02-22-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm sure my body could handle the pressure. I handles shingles before so I'm sure I experienced the worse a body could. I would be so thankful to learn the equalization techniques. To explain why I can go so deep, I'm 6'3" with a thin body (hence why I call myself Slim) so to me, it's a matter of leg length for the difference.

Thank you so much! Thats nice But keep in mind that its very hard for me to swim 20 feet deep, the pressure on my body is the thing that hurts, not just my head.. but i can help you with ways to equalize better:3

PS. I couldn't even swim 10 feet until my tail came so swimming 12 feet is good.

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Ah, alrighty:) for now i can teach you one, close your eyes, and begin blowing into your ears to equalize, as soon as you feel the pop, open your eyes.

Slim
02-22-2017, 03:46 PM
That usually works for my right ear but half the time for my left ear :/ Thank you though :D Why must the eyes be closed?

Ah, alrighty:) for now i can teach you one, close your eyes, and begin blowing into your ears to equalize, as soon as you feel the pop, open your eyes.

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Have you ever had a piece of pressure put on something, and when it goes away, it feels amazingly relieved? If you open your eyes after equalizing, it helps your eyes to be better in the water

Slim
02-22-2017, 04:02 PM
That maybe my problem. It feels nice to have pressure relieved but having pressure on me also relaxes me (I think I'm just wierd). I didn't know that about the eyes.

Have you ever had a piece of pressure put on something, and when it goes away, it feels amazingly relieved? If you open your eyes after equalizing, it helps your eyes to be better in the water

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 05:16 PM
XD yeah

Slim
02-22-2017, 05:37 PM
My sleeping style proves I love pressure on random parts of me. I sleep with about 14 pillows. I only rest my head on 4 of them. I'm buried underneath the rest.

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 06:32 PM
Haha xD i have alot of them to support my upper half.

Rebela Hunter
02-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Yay!!:3

Im not sure to be honest, im so young xD i doubt i would be pro at my age, so i may become a pro when im in my older years, but for now im just doing it because whenever i swim, i'll be honest, i get a feeling of fantasy, magic, and i love that!! I never get that in the real world.. but i just love being a partial mermaid! xD

That's cool C:
That's how I started out, too, but since I can't get any other kind of job at 20 years old, pro mermaiding became a thing C:

I'm guessing you're way younger than I am, so you have time to think about it and learn :)
If you ever need advice or help, Mermaid Celeste is friendly and helpful, Raina Mermaid has books, and once I have experience, maybe I can be of some help to you :)

For now, I'd just love to flop around and have fun with another mer enthusiast! :D

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Yay!:D im much younger then You guys o:

Slim
02-22-2017, 07:33 PM
Rebela is very much not a guy :P The irony is the age difference between your age Galaxy and my age is Rebela age. This almost sound like a MerMath question.

Yay!:D im much younger then You guys o:

thatotakugalaxy
02-22-2017, 07:34 PM
Oh woops! I mean this then, im younger then the two of you!! [emoji28]