PDA

View Full Version : Hello there Fish Friends

Mermaid Ariaella
02-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Well where do I start? My name is Lauren, Better known as Mermaid Ariaella at the Oklahoma Renaissance Festival. I am the owner and operator of Ever After Parties and Catering and Co-President for the Buccaneers of the Coast Historical Reenactment group located at the Oklahoma Renassiance Festival. I have always had a love for mermaids and have always had a passion for being in the water and it comes to no surprise to any one who knows me that I'm truly a fish out of water. I have been performing as a mermaid since 2002 when I started with Foxmoon Productions at the Norman Medieval Faire. I decided to branch out and start my own production company. Using this fun and interactive way to bring happiness to children has been so rewarding! I continue to use my talents for fairytale entertainment to teach local water preservatioin at the Oklahoma Aquarium as well as various other venues throughout the year as well as visit local hospitals and childrens' homes as everyone's favorite red haired princess in a tail!

As of 2011...The Oklahoma Renaissance Festival debuted our new Mermaids! I am the proud "momma" fish in this pond and am SO excited to see our group grow each year! From 2 mermaids to now having 6...including a mother and daughter duo! We are looking to expand our area to include a tank of some sort for 2013 and I am personally looking to obtain a latex or silicone or even a very lovely neoprene painted tail. I have had the opportunity to have a great friend and tail maker help me with my tail for 2011...I've had handmade tails and even borrowed tails but have never owned a quality tail. I'd like to continue to do the public events in spreading local water body awareness in Oklahoma as well as the Ocean Preservation that I do with Sea Shepherd as well! Everything in small strides and taking my time getting the correct look and type of tail I want...but I am really looking forward to networking with people who know the market and are other performers as well!!

So yep, thats about it for me! I'm SO glad to have found this little network and cannot WAIT to get to know you all!!

Much love from Oklahoma! XOXOX

CynthiaMermaid
02-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Welcome to MerNetwork, neighbor Ariaella... I'm just south of you in TX.

Best wishes and starfishes,
Gold Mermaid Cynthia

neonmermaid
02-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi from California all the way to Oklahoma! :) Sounds like you're a busy fish!

lasserine
02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Welcome

SweeteSiren
02-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Hello from the Houston end of the pond! Welcome to the group!