PDA

View Full Version : Mermaids and Mythology Magazine

Sea Pearl
02-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Has anyone subscribed or taken a look at the new Mermaids and Mythology Magazine, sister publication to the FAE magazine, that first published last year? There are currently 2 issues out now and it looks like it could be packed with loads of cool information and interesting stuff. Just wondered what it was like if anyone had read it.

Mermaid Photine
02-24-2012, 11:47 PM
I really need to go to the fairy shop and take a look at all of these awesome magazines. I subscribe to Faerie, but the others I haven't checked out. And yes, my area has a faerie store. <3

AniaR
02-25-2012, 10:00 AM
a lot of people from the forum are in it and have contributed articles :) There's another one coming out too from different publishers- http://www.faeriemagazine.com/index2.asp

Mermaid Sirena
02-25-2012, 11:21 AM
I have the first issue of M&M and I'm hoping to get the second soon, for xmass I got a subscription to it but apparently that didn't include the second one :( as I haven't received it.

Merlene
02-25-2012, 03:55 PM
I subscribed at the moment I got the news about a mermaid magazine coming out! So I have the first and second issue, and am waiting impatiently for the third :)

SweeteSiren
02-25-2012, 05:04 PM
I got a flier about it & went online to subscribe, but the online price was twice what the flier advertised & I couldn't afford it. Maybe next year though. It did look very interesting!

AniaR
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
you ladies should post some of this stuff on their FB it may be an oversight you didnt get the right price, or the mag you were expecting!

Sea Pearl
02-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Just ordered the first issue! Cannot wait till it’s here. I'm sorry to hear some getting mislead about the pricing. I didn't realize they had a facebook but that would be a good place to let them know.

Mermaid Sirena
03-01-2012, 10:41 PM
There's an idea, I'll have to ask my mom more about it specifically for some reason I just assumed that she bought a the first issue before the second came out and then when subscribing simply said start during the next issue.

Sea Pearl
03-04-2012, 01:42 AM
I saved up and went to buy the first issue but apparently Issue 1 has completly sold out. That's great news for the magazine! It must be really popular! Just wish I could have grabbed a copy for myself before hand. I hope they restock it at some point.

Sea Pearl
03-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Does anyone know if there will be any more copies of issue 1 available off the website or where I might find a copy?

Mermaid Sirena
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Based on FAE magazine's backwards bundle package once an issue is sold out it's sold out for good.

Merfae
03-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi :-) the website is here: www.mermaidmagazine.com (http://www.mermaidmagazine.com) the price should be $8.99 in the USA and $9.99 in Canada, in the UK it is £4.25.
Issue 1 has totally sold out, it might be available as a digital download in the future. There is a Facebook page too, and Twitter

Sea Pearl
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Just got issue 2 in the post! *Does happy dance*

Sea Pearl
08-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Just wondered if anyone else was having trouble accessing the Mermaid and Mythology webpage or FAE website? I wanted to go to the site to order the latest issue f Mermaid and Mythology and for some reason when I click on the google search link for the site I'm getting a message saying that if I continue onto the site it may harm my computer. I've never gotten this message before when I've went on in the past. Then I thought, well I'll try and get on through the FAE website but when I tried tht I was told that there is a problem and the website is down for maintenance. I wondered if anyone else was getting this or it was just me?

SilverSiren
08-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I just went there and got the same thing, here is what I found. I think someone hacked their site and put up malware? Hope it gets fixed soon.

Safe BrowsingDiagnostic page for mermaidmagazine.comWhat is the current listing status for mermaidmagazine.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-08-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-08-04.Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including themermaidmagazine.com/ (http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=themermaidmagazine.com/), ssvgmyklgkfaqnfr.waw.pl/ (http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=ssvgmyklgkfaqnfr.waw.pl/).
1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including themermaidmagazine.com/ (http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=themermaidmagazine.com/).
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS41357 (UK) (http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=AS:41357).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, mermaidmagazine.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Sea Pearl
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
At least it's not my computer but that's not good :( I hope they can fix the problem without too much damage. Malware can really mess up things.

SilverSiren
08-07-2012, 03:43 AM
I'm sure they will get it fixed soon enough. Gotta love people who like to ruin it for the rest of us in pursuit of malicious fun. I should probably put this in the B**CH IT OUT thread but grrrr I hate people that are so blatantly disrespectful of others! Like the kids next door riding around the neighborhood at 11pm on their really crappy, very loud, very ILLEGAL, dirt bike! That's what this person who hacked the site did... ride around on their annoying dirt bike at 11pm to raise the heckles on everyone's neck for a "good time". Jerks. And what can we do about it? Nothing... except bang our heads on the wall for stress relief so we do go out and buy a AK47 and have a good time on the roof. Ok, sorry, rant over.

Sea Pearl
08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
That's ok SilverSiren. I know what you mean...I wish they could be more considerate to others around them.

Sea Pearl
08-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Does anybody know if M&M magazine accept fictionalized short stories about mermaids? I know they take articles on folklore, music, films, fashion etc. I’ve emailed the site a couple of times in the past with this question but have never seemed to get an answer back from them. I love writing novels and short stories and would love to publish something somewhere.

Mermaid Hamant
10-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Did M&M stop publishing? FAE is still going, but I see that there have been no more issues of M&M since last winter's issue. Just curious.

AniaR
10-19-2013, 11:08 PM
They dont pay people for articles or submissions, so maybe they've run out of content? I looked into advertising with them for my book too and it was quite expensive. Likely just don't have the funds at the moment. It's quarterly though. Probably late? The last one was published... January? lol It's expensive to print a magazine.

Ondine
10-20-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure - we were in touch a while back with Karen who publishes M&M; she requested some of our underwater pics for the next issue, which we sent over, but I've not heard anything since. It sounded like there was an intention to keep publishing at any rate, but she sounded super busy with FAE at the time, so I guess it may well partially be a time thing - obviously running two magazines which publish regularly is a huge amount of work.