PDA

View Full Version : Mer-Palooza the biggest mermaid ,pirate, fairy ever and trade show

mermanjr
02-25-2012, 11:42 PM
http://merpalooza.com/

check out our website for mo info and tickets are on sale for this event now

Moonflower
02-26-2012, 02:24 AM
50.00? I thought this was just going to be a meet-up for mers, not an event we have to pay to attend...

Mermaid Saphira
02-26-2012, 09:59 AM
^ I thought so to :(

AniaR
02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
how else do you expect them to cover the costs of the venue, entertainment, and the trade show? :p It's my understanding the surplus after the cost is donated to charity.

Mermaid Saphira
02-26-2012, 10:28 AM
^ I suppose...I didn't know muc aout it. Guess I just figured it was a mer get together not some big event...

Spindrift
02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
What charity? The information on the website is not especially clear on any of the details and the schedule looks a little... inconclusive, last I checked.

SweeteSiren
02-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Looks like fun! Sasha's tutorial was the one that got me started tail-making. Oh well, maybe next year.

mermanjr
02-29-2012, 11:25 PM
there going to be food and we had to rent the pool but its going to be a must see event we are going to have talnet from all over performing and its getting bigger by the day our sponsor creations by tykari has been kind enough to really help make this event very special to say the least
the mermaidgames will be a very different experiance for any mer and disney is avaible as wel to hav something to do during the day if you wish we will have tons of vendorsand hug mermaid and pirate buffet and yes there is a bar for rum so piorates can get a drink if they wish adultsand kids alike will enjoy them selvesthe whole weekend long

mermanjr
03-13-2012, 10:54 PM
wellthe carity is going to be make a wish foundation but we are waiting on the banners from them to post to the website sorry for being very cautios
but its oing tobee biggest mermaid , pirate and fairy event ever wth some veryspecail guests ever

mermanjr
04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
the charity is Make-A-Wish and the website has been greatly updated now

AniaR
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
make-a-wish sent me to disney when I was 10 :) great charity.

Mermaid Marissa
04-28-2012, 02:10 PM
I would love to go!

Mermaid Rillia
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Sounds like loads of fun. :)

mermanjr
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
we have added much since the last posts and most of the events have been posted we keep adding activities daily and the cost for the exstravangaza pool party is now only 30 dollars and the room costs are only 79.00 per night which is a steal compared to the other resorts around this location and in the $30 dollars you get entertained and get to part take in a lu ou barbaqu buffet as well poolside , before the event take in the first ever mermaid and pirate trade show for $10 dollars and see some of the latest aqua vendors and tail makers and also be entertained with guest speakers and the mermaid pageant
or check out the mermaid and pirate movie exhibit while at the trade show
there will be alot to do and see at this event and the whole weekend is lower than the cost to stay and go to disneyworld on disney property for one day a huge savings in deed
the mermaid panels alone will be worth the price of admission
and if your really ready to have some fun the 3rd day there will be the mermaid games , which will be fun activites set on land and in the water for everyone to come and have some fun free of charge but will be first come first serve basis

so this is a must see event, to come and checkout
vist Mer-Palooza.com for all the details and up to date information

Nemefish
05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
how much is it for the whole packet cuz it looks like theres not only going to be the mer-gathering but other things like meeting up at Disney 0.0 i would love to do it all :3

AniaR
05-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Gary we can include something about this in tail flip, if you contact sirena she can design an add for a fee, or you're welcome to write a piece about it and send us some photos to include.

mermanjr
05-07-2012, 06:30 PM
that would be great and sirena is on the volenteer commitee now for the event
but i would love to get the same deal that mermaids and mythology gave us
which was a full page add and write up of the event for the magazine and a follow up for about 200 if this would be okay raina i would be delighted either way stephanie sims would get you a good write up if you would wish it

mermanjr
05-07-2012, 06:40 PM
well the disney tickets prices will be posted on the website from the hotel soon
and the room for the whole weekend works out to 250 plus tax and the price for the events is 40 grand total
which works to be 300 for the whole weekend for just the convention disney tickets can be purchased at the hotel and we will know those prices at the end of this month
and they will be posted as well
the rooms can be booked now for the event but get them asap because those pirates scally wags will start to fill up the rooms because this is a mermaid and pirate convention
all information is at Mer-Palooza.com
there is a 7.50 sercharge on the room but it provides free internet and parking and a free buffet style breakfast for that charge and you cant beat that at all
the pool party will sport a barbque lua buffet and that way you can relax and swim and get ready to watch the acts and presentations on the island pool stage in the middle of the pool
the presentations are the new INTERNATIONAL MERMAID AND PIRATE AWARDS which we be done live from Mer-Palooza
and many other specail presenter and guests

AniaR
05-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Gary I'll PM you Sirena's email. There's two Sirena's on here, so Im not sure if we're talking about the same one :)

mermanjr
05-08-2012, 07:23 AM
thank you Raina and we can maybe send some pictures over about the four tails that we at Mercreations are doing , i have jesse going nuts with tails
he is in the process of doing a tail for memraid sasha and he recently got me new tail done
i soon will have pictures of this tail when i vist raven down in florida at the end of this month
since i can not make the wedding regretablly
so i decide to splash in and vist while i am over seeing the contracts for mer-palooza and other matters for the event
being the P.R. and Legal advisor for Mercreationsinc.com is a big task but its worth doing for a friend and also working at toy r us and also being an event coordinator really is rough but i manage to get thru it all and also do my merswimming to relax which really helps

*Celine*
05-13-2012, 01:30 PM
I really wish I could go, but it's on the other side of the world from were I am....

Mermaid Miel
05-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Ditto! from Australia to Orlando is a 25-31hr flight that would set me back at least $1,800.

I dont have the kind of money needed, but I REALLY want to go.

*Celine*
05-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Ditto! from Australia to Orlando is a 25-31hr flight that would set me back at least $1,800 each way.

I dont have the kind of money needed, but I REALLY want to go.

jeez, that's really far. And I thought a 15hr flight was long :-p. I've been to Florida 2 times already years ago, we have friends living there. But back then I didn't now there were Merconventions and such, maybe I'll be able to go someday...

MermanJesse
05-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Don't forget to get your tickets! http://www.mer-palooza.com/

It is going to be a great event. I am sponsoring the event by providing tails for some of the entertainers.

Also, want to test "drive" a tail? I will be allowing select visitors to my booth a chance to swim in a Mermaid Creations' Silicone Mermaid Tail.

Sitre Seer Moroaica
06-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm dying to go this year :D But I'll only have $600 since I found out late and am hoping to find 1-2 other people to go with me to help split costs :D

Merman Jesse I would LOVE to test drive some Silicone tails!!!!!!!!! :D If only I was certain I was going. This is such a tragedy D: